Yellow | Holland

Heard again today ups is wanting to just buy Holland how does that work ???
UPS does everything Holland does & more. No way in hell is UPS gonna purchase 100 million of current & future pension obligation. They might be a very rich company, but they did not arrive their by being stupid. Don't know if you are serious or just fooling, either way, good one. von.

Heard again today ups is wanting to just buy holland how does that work ???
And also just take this in perspective UPS still has not branded all the overnite and motor cargo equipment. How silly would it look pulling a set of triples down the road with a ups freight truck a roadway pup motor cargo pup and a overnite pup with a yellow dolly a ups dolly

And also just take this in perspective UPS still has not branded all the overnite and motor cargo equipment. How silly would it look pulling a set of triples down the road with a ups freight truck a roadway pup motor cargo pup and a overnite pup with a yellow dolly a ups dolly

You find that, take a picture. I will pay you for your time. First of a kind if ya can get a picture like you described. von.

Well there is a way.........................
If the purchase price was high enough to pay off the loans then the agreement would be satisfied and the debt gone:greedy dollars:

I still ask. Why buy a broke down trucking company with no assets, a 100 million pension fund obligation, 500 million in a note of debit or more, while doing the exact same thing they do and making a profit of 900 million last year. Now way that will ever happen. Now if YRC closes the door then UPS will more than likely want pieces of what is left. And trust me, they go to the bankruptcy judge, offer to buy what is left WITHOUT have to incur the pension debit, & the judge says ok. Only thing left is to sign on the dotted line. No one, and I mean know one in their right mind would buy 100 million dollars of pension debit. Not enough profit in this industry for that to happen. von.

Ups freight needs to grow fast, fed ex making them look bad, I can see them making a deal for a cheap buyout of the pension, jimmy likes them. Yep I can see this happening urchin won't last just a matter of time.

DHL & UPS are currently in a bidding war for Holland , and "JAMIE" is handling the bidding process from his new Dallas office !:biglaugh:

To a liberal, this may seem perfectly logical.

A DHL buyout is not a good thing to even think about. Consider the DHL history ;

In August of 2003, DHL buys Airborne Express.
In November of 2008, DHL cuts 9,500 jobs on top of the 5,400 they cut earlier in 2008.

They have as much or more money than UPS. Most of their operations are in Europe & Asia. Small footprint here in US. But, if they want to buy any kind of trucking company in the US, they have all the money they need to pay cash. YRC sold off all their terminals & properties. Their is nothing of value to buy to be able to make a profit. As I said no one will buy 100 million of Pension debit + a 900 million loan debit with a typical OR of 95 in a union company. Another way to look at this is, You have 1 billion dollars to buy something. You are thinking about buying YRC with all their debit, & you know the most you will gain in any given year is a 5% profit @ best. Now ask yourself if you could invest in anything but YRC to earn more than 5% a year. The cost ratio to obtain such a small profit is to large to attract most buyers. von.

Last edited:
Holland for sale on Ebay?

vWWH0iX.jpg