SAIA | Hollands new Director of Linehaul

scott w came over to holland about 3 weeks ago. he has turned our runs into turns instead of laydowns. hey saia you can have him and yellow corp back. they are destroying usf holland and usf reddaway.this is just my thaughts.

Why would you want to laydown any way.

some drivers live alot of miles from the terminal. they want to minimize their fuel costs and the time they have to spend going to and from work.

Most of the drivers I know are within 25 miles of the terminal and hated when they had to pick up a third trailer after they crossed the border. Then you have the moutain driving which they just love chains on chains off.

Methinks the left coast weather has gotten to our esteemed poster. For clarification purposes, Each day of laydown means one less day of commuting to and from work in one's own vehicle. This in turn reduces the amount of out of pocket expenses required for the commute.

As for building the triples and messing with the chains, us lowlanders don't normally do that. Most of our lanes are doubles or vans.

DT you are correct. I spoke with the line drivers. They hated it when they had to lay down. Like one said if I wanted to live on the road I would go back to OTR. Also they are all close in to the terminal. The furthest commute is 20 minutes. They were saying that They like it better because when the had to do a lay down there were a lot of times where they would run out o hours and it is always at the unchain area where the DOT was checking logs. The TM would come out and meet them with a city driver and the freight was getting in late. The meets are good because they know each other and speak with each other when they are running late they let the other know. Scott W is looking at saving the company the money on the motel. He has no idea where the line drivers live.

DT you are correct. I spoke with the line drivers. They hated it when they had to lay down. Like one said if I wanted to live on the road I would go back to OTR. Also they are all close in to the terminal. The furthest commute is 20 minutes. They were saying that They like it better because when the had to do a lay down there were a lot of times where they would run out o hours and it is always at the unchain area where the DOT was checking logs. The TM would come out and meet them with a city driver and the freight was getting in late. The meets are good because they know each other and speak with each other when they are running late they let the other know. Scott W is looking at saving the company the money on the motel. He has no idea where the line drivers live.

NEWSFLASH!!!!

He does not care where anybody lives.

You are 100% correct, no one in upper management cares about anything when it comes to the peons!! But I have to say I LOVE LAY DOWNS!! No drive back and forth to work and the rest seems so much better!! When you kick your feet up in the hotel there is nothing to worry about but sitting back and resting!! Everyone has there different preferences and no two guys are 100% the same!! I know one thing for sure I wouldn’t go OTR!!

Good for those guys that live close enough to have a short commute to work. Not everybody has that option.

Each region tends to operate differently. Addtionally, some runs cannot be changed to meets because of the distances involved.

As for regular meet drivers communicating with each other that has been going on forever.

Just as Mr. W is looking to save the company money, we likewise are looking to grow our income. I guess there is a conflict of motivation there.

I just wish instead of him being allowed to use motels or hotels, he had to live in the bunkhouses when he is on the road. Nothing like sharing a bathroom with three or four guys.