Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
We got our first snow in OK, I had flashbacks of last feb, started at 0300, let me back up:

Got up @ 0200 couldn't find my wallet, it was at my condo, found it! My boots have a hole in the sole, there sat my brand new boots that I had the laces out of cuz I saddle soaped them, I looked at them pretty hard, knowing I wanted my feet to stay dry, then I looked at the clock, knowing I had to put air in my VW's tire, slow leak getting faster, I elected to wear my holy boots, needless to say, the defrost came off the wipers and onto my feet full time, I just shook the wipers off at every stop.

Not many probs, our ground has been warm, sidewalks and grass it was piled up but the road was good, the whole time I thought about you guys up north and was reminded why I don't want to live up there. I honestly don't know how you deal with the snow and shoveling a path every day, I really don't.

Ya'll are my heros, I was never so glad to get home, good thing I'll be in shorts tomorrow and the rest of the week...if I work that much..:)

I don't shovel a path, that is the customers job! No clear path, no delivery. I fell ONCE on some ice that was not cleared, ONCE! Now they either clear a path or it goes back with me, with the company's blessing. By the way, going to be in the 40's this week and 50's next week here.

I don't shovel a path, that is the customers job! No clear path, no delivery. I fell ONCE on some ice that was not cleared, ONCE! Now they either clear a path or it goes back with me, with the company's blessing. By the way, going to be in the 40's this week and 50's next week here.

I wish Sysco would care for us like that, they want it delivered at any cost, if it even calls for snow I take my own shovel, I can't stand pushing the wheeler through snow or ice.

Last year I ran downtown Tulsa, they didn't want piles of snow everywhere so they didn't plow, they through tons of sand on the roads, made a hell of a mess, after being stuck 7, yes 7 times, my boss said when you get unstuck bring it back to the yard, we are done with downtown, so I did, then I had to go help everyone else..LOL!!!!

Companies/Businesses that don't clear their own properties of Snow and/or Ice, aren't worth the unsafe attempted Deliveries.

I've been to MANY warehouses in snow and ice that the personnel didn't care enough to clean their grounds for Trucks to safely move about as well Drivers to walk. It just takes MUCH LONGER for these incompetent customers to receive their freight, provided WE THE DRIVERS do not get our equipment stuck in the process or get INJURED traversing their property.
ANY INJURY/INJURIES to WE THE TRUCKERS AND/OR OUR EQUIPMENT IS/ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER, despite their usually pathetic outlook.

I've NEVER carried a Shovel or Ice Melt or Sand to do the work of someone else, nor ever will I.

These customers don't want to sacrifice their time to HELP WE THE DRIVERS, then these customers can jolly well get their freight another way.

CHEERS!!

CK, I'm glad you work somewhere that you can get away with that, around here, union or non union, you can't get away with that, no matter where you work.