Estes | Home Depot

hugnlug

TB Veteran
Credits
I heard a rumor today and looking for any confirmation on it. Today I heard that Home Depot was dropping Estes as the house carrier.

I know down south, Averitt Express took over for Estes. But Home Depot is also carrying alot of their own freight thru their DC plants. So all of us have lost alot from this. Hope this answers your question......

We were told the same at a meeting yesterday morning. Lost the collect freight business, but will still be carrying prepaid.

if they would quit breaking there shipment, we might not have lost that account, but I think that home depot is trying to save as much as they can. They have to pay that former co,what,like 250million in payouts. Must be nice

They lost most of it to Yellow. Estes gave them a pretty good discount to run all their garbage freight. Yellow is going to do it 2% cheaper. Also their DC's have done a bit of it also.

Im still delivering to home depots in MD.and a manager told me Home depot is in the process of buying JB HUNT to start their own freight hauling system, something like wallmart did.

Im still delivering to home depots in MD.and a manager told me Home depot is in the process of buying JB HUNT to start their own freight hauling system, something like wallmart did.

JB Hunt is owned by wal-mart. There offices are right across the street from each other in bentonville ark. SO I doubt if JB is for sale.

Yellow does not have the Home depot account. This is a nationwide account. Yellow does not have it. Home Depot uses their DC plant for most of their freight. Roadway carries certain lanes. In NC Southeastern carries certain lane, Estes carries certain lanes and Averett carries their store transfers and shipment Estes use to carry from certain Dc plants.

Are you sure JB is owned by WAlmart. I know I read in the past the ceo at JB and one of the Waltns went to school together and they helped each other out. Not sure if thats right but I remember reading that somewhere.

If you look up JB Hunt, the owners are still the Hunt family. There is a Wal-Mart guy on their board of Directors. Most companies do that so they can get freight from the company they work for.

Up here in northern New York, New England Motor Freight hauls a lot of Home Depot freight.
I know this because I drive for UPS Freight,and we have one shipper that uses us to make deliveries,once in awhile.
Whenever I get to the store thats on my route New England Motor freight is there with a load of miss he's dropping off.
The driver tells me they are seeing more,and more of Home Depot all the time.

JB Hunt is owned by wal-mart. There offices are right across the street from each other in bentonville ark. SO I doubt if JB is for sale.
J B hunt in Lowell AR is ten miles from corprate HQ of Wal-mart I guess you can call that across the street.....haven't heard anything here local about wal-mart owning Hunt...except Hunt has been expanding its rail service...?????? but you never know who will own who next!

If you look up JB Hunt, the owners are still the Hunt family. There is a Wal-Mart guy on their board of Directors. Most companies do that so they can get freight from the company they work for.

dont take this as an attack, but by the same logic jb hauls tyson foods?

never seen them with a reefer