Estes | Home Depot?

jimdowning

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard Estes is going to try and get HD back.
Has anyone else heard this?
Also another big account is in play, but that is all I heard.
This is what I heard today.

we still have alot of home depot, not as much as before but still alot and yes i heard out t.m. say something is in the works but what does it matter because the way estes mgt is, it will get screwed up

The HD we have is from our customers not from HD. Big Big difference. It would be a one year contract and I think they are realizing that a high OR that is still a few nicks south of 100 on that much revenue is worth it. I would hope Estes is changing its ways in how it looks at freight and how to move that freight.
I do not know about out east but where I am it should all run on triples and I would say more than half of it is on doubles. That third box cost almost nothing to pull, so it is all profit. I guess if that was all Estes wanted they would stop pulling doubles over here.

Trouble with home improvment freight its highly pron to damage,because it comes in odd sizes,and is very hard to load with other freight.
Besides you have to be very careful how you use a fork lift on some of these shippers fire wood they call pallets.

The only other negative issue is the home dumpster outlets have very tight delivery windows of time to receive their freight.

Did I also address the fact that they want all of the trucking companies that bring their stuff to haul it for next to nothing?

Outside of everything I just posted its an account,better to have someone to deliver to than nobody.

All of our trucking companies are in the hauling business you've got to have something to haul,and some place to haul it,or your history!

They would look pretty silly crawling back to Home Depot please give us some freight now. They should of tried to close up the isssues and stick with it. But with there greedy pockets they see now what they lost or many not. Estes has many issues and the traffic mgr's are telling everyone about them. Or many the employees just say to much wow

it doesnt matter its still the blind leading the blind for the most part, the wankster ran mgmt. cant see the real problem cause their all too busy kissin up to their upper mentors

Who ever you work for that attitude will hurt company profits and and destroy the image

ok your job is to keep your dick beaters on that wheel and not to kill a bus load of elders.And dont forget to take all your allowed breaks along the way! While we will jump through hoops to get 5 lbs box off your trl to get it to a old folkes home that maybe you passed up 2 hrs ago.Hell maybe you took your "Break"there!

:hysterical: Haven't heard that term since 1972 in Marine Corps bootcamp they called them "dick skinners" Thanks for the good memories Dallasdock

Hey Big E your in the mud I can't hear you. Get a bigger radio get out of the mud

Our dock guys at 246 take pride in the low claims we have. Maybe Dallas should take a few pointers and start caring about the freight they handlle or quit. Line and P&D bust our *** so dock can screw it up. What a bunch of punks. Oh yeah almost forgot about dock only drug testing to get hired then they start getting high again, NICE