Estes | Home Depot?

our former operations manger was working the dock one day.he was loading small water heaters onto a trailer.he was just slamming these water heaters on the trailer.he told us do not buy anything from depot!!

And we wonder why we have NO freight!!!! These guys are working themselves out of a job, If they keep tearing up our customers freight they will have NO freight at all. But management is to stupid to realize this is why their customers are leaving them.

And we wonder why we have NO freight!!!! These guys are working themselves out of a job, If they keep tearing up our customers freight they will have NO freight at all. But management is to stupid to realize this is why their customers are leaving them.

The words accountability and responsibility have been blackened out of the dictionary the wonder boys in Richmond use,the high and tight freight we receive, has overnight ,turned into all F#*ked up and scattered all over the place.Then to add insult to injury our end of the line terminal has to pay half the claim,not to mention as a p&d driver I have to present this skid of freight that has turned into something that looks like abstract art,with a straight face .I really think If the large hubs had to pay 100 percent of the claim and the boys running those big hubs didnt get their nice fat bonus things would change.Anyway thats my rant for the day.Stay Safe

The words accountability and responsibility have been blackened out of the dictionary the wonder boys in Richmond use,the high and tight freight we receive, has overnight ,turned into all F#*ked up and scattered all over the place.Then to add insult to injury our end of the line terminal has to pay half the claim,not to mention as a p&d driver I have to present this skid of freight that has turned into something that looks like abstract art,with a straight face .I really think If the large hubs had to pay 100 percent of the claim and the boys running those big hubs didnt get their nice fat bonus things would change.Anyway thats my rant for the day.Stay Safe

Management loves to pass the buck. I think that is in every company though.

why not drop home depot and get some real ltl freight?houston does more in hd freight than anything else.90 doors on that dock and half is for hd.now estes has lost hd.what freight are they going to get to replace hd?

why not drop home depot and get some real ltl freight?houston does more in hd freight than anything else.90 doors on that dock and half is for hd.now estes has lost hd.what freight are they going to get to replace hd?
rumor is we're getting it back, at least a majority of it with different rules of delivery. just rumour so far, but we'll see.

The HD we have is from our customers not from HD. Big Big difference. It would be a one year contract and I think they are realizing that a high OR that is still a few nicks south of 100 on that much revenue is worth it. I would hope Estes is changing its ways in how it looks at freight and how to move that freight.
I do not know about out east but where I am it should all run on triples and I would say more than half of it is on doubles. That third box cost almost nothing to pull, so it is all profit. I guess if that was all Estes wanted they would stop pulling doubles over here.

Why do we need doubles and triples somebody explain this to me.
When Estes was a growing company they hauled 53 footers 90% of the time other companys are successfull with 48 and 53's why could'nt Estes get it right.

Why do we need doubles and triples somebody explain this to me.
When Estes was a growing company they hauled 53 footers 90% of the time other companys are successfull with 48 and 53's why could'nt Estes get it right.
Got me. Doubles is 56' and you get no more pay. Triples is 84' of freight and you only get a penny more. Seems to be profit on the backs of the driver without even a justifiable compensation. A penny for 31' more than a 53' and a whole lot more dangerous. Oh well, they sleep well with a big wallet, that's what counts right?

Got me. Doubles is 56' and you get no more pay. Triples is 84' of freight and you only get a penny more. Seems to be profit on the backs of the driver without even a justifiable compensation. A penny for 31' more than a 53' and a whole lot more dangerous. Oh well, they sleep well with a big wallet, that's what counts right?

I know you are not management because that is pure common sense. I do not mind pulling triples, about 98% of my runs are triples. I get very little compensation for it, and would rather loose the little and pull 2. It would get me home about 20 minutes sooner every night. Like I said I do not mind 3, but it irritates me that we are cutting bid runs in triples lanes so teams and contract can pull 2thru them. That is lost jobs for west and lost profit for Estes.

I know you are not management because that is pure common sense. I do not mind pulling triples, about 98% of my runs are triples. I get very little compensation for it, and would rather loose the little and pull 2. It would get me home about 20 minutes sooner every night. Like I said I do not mind 3, but it irritates me that we are cutting bid runs in triples lanes so teams and contract can pull 2thru them. That is lost jobs for west and lost profit for Estes.
Right on the money!

If we stop tearing it up we MIGHT get it back.. What happened to all those flatbeds BigE bought.(dont put all your eggs in one basket)