ODFL | Hooks and drops

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Do you do enough hooks and drops to help your check out ? The times you have a choice had you just as soon not do them ? I've noticed some drivers do them to get a better look at the equipment they'll be pulling.

was in greensboro 2 weeks ago and they hooked my set for me,startded to pretrip and noticed red tag on dolly,id rather hook my own sets even if i had to do it for free....

was in greensboro 2 weeks ago and they hooked my set for me,startded to pretrip and noticed red tag on dolly,id rather hook my own sets even if i had to do it for free....

That happens a lot any time a set is pre hooked.At night when you're hooking 20 or more sets that tag is easy to miss.Part of the problem is the shop will not come and get the red tagged jiffs in a timely manner and they stay mixed in with the good ones.It's not the fellas fault repairing them,he does what he is told to do.The problem comes from higher up.It always seemed,at night anyway,they were not fixed until we were plum out.This caused another problem.Sometimes the red tags would disappear and that's not a good thing for anybody.

i use to love to hook to a set that had speed sevice due in 6 hrs for mns,had to have fed insp,and complete break job 1 time......
speed service and red tags!!!boy i miss those days!!!...was glad when they built new break room...

If I'm running L/H I get quite excited when I find out my next trailer is just a long box. Screw hooking up sets in dirt lots.

I don't mind hooked sets too much but it is better if you can do it yourself on a good yard.
More important is getting paid for what you do. Constantly getting shorted especially when arrived by a human.

That happens a lot any time a set is pre hooked.At night when you're hooking 20 or more sets that tag is easy to miss.Part of the problem is the shop will not come and get the red tagged jiffs in a timely manner and they stay mixed in with the good ones.It's not the fellas fault repairing them,he does what he is told to do.The problem comes from higher up.It always seemed,at night anyway,they were not fixed until we were plum out.This caused another problem.Sometimes the red tags would disappear and that's not a good thing for anybody.

Some of those shop guys don't have a timely manner. I wrote a trailer up that needed a pm, that was 5 months past due and was told that, that was unnecessary. The guys on the super gocart would take care of it when they did their yard check. Problem is, that trailer wasn't tagged and you know that thing was loaded up and sent on it's merry way cause it was empty when I brought it in. And they will not do pm's on trailers that are loaded. So it will be a while for that thing to get serviced. What has happened to the 10-100 rule?