ABF | Hope for our pensions!

I'm sure you all think you're hilarious. But it shows who really needs help with their people skills. I apologize that some of you are so dim-witted you mistake my questioning of the inane backward thinking some of you call a culture to be animosity.

Sorry you find our way of thinking inane. But yet you keep coming back.

Your attempt to convince us that you are ABF material is not working. We can all see you are several cuts below us. But hey there are some companies that could use you.

Last edited:
Lets take some of the millions of taxpayer dollars that are already supporting illegal aliens, and help American citizens for a change. Imo.
Check your facts.You will see that illegals get very little if anything and the do pay taxes from their salaries.Any amount is wrong imo but it aint what you think.There are more lazy americans on welfare then people talk aboutJust pointing it out.

Check your facts.You will see that illegals get very little if anything and the do pay taxes from their salaries.Any amount is wrong imo but it aint what you think.There are more lazy americans on welfare then people talk aboutJust pointing it out.
Illegals getting anything is to much in my opinion. Show us the facts. Just saying it doesn't make it true. I would but I didn't make the claim. Also if they are Illegal they are not paying taxes. You cannot legally hire an illegal alien. I wouldn't even know how to look these numbers up.

Last edited:
Illegals getting anything is to much in my opinion. Show us the facts. Just saying it doesn't make it true. I would but I didn't make the claim. Also if they are Illegal they are not paying taxes. You cannot legally hire an illegal alien. I wouldn't even know how to look these numbers up.

Whoops! My clumsy fingers.......this is supposed to go up above. You're right about hiring "illegal" aliens. The E-Verify Act is the most ignored law, by both ICE officials and corporations,........ The Act is supposed to prevent employment of "illegals". So,.....Who's breaking the law?

They just use someone else's SS# and identity. Usually a friend or relative. Some people even sell the info because they have more mkney put into their SS.

I believe in the very strict reading and application of the US Constitution.

As far as you giving me your interpretation of the First and Second Amendment, it is just that, your interpretation...... I never try to convince others my interpretation of the Constitution. Wouldnt you say the best way would be is to let them read it for themselves and come up with their own interpretation?

You stated that you believe in the "strict reading and application" of the Constitution......but further you mention that you never try and convince others of your "interpretation"...saying it is better to let others read it for themselves and come up with their own "Interpretation"... with all due respect, I ask how can you have a Strict reading and application of the Constitution if everyone is coming up with their own interpretations.....including you?....

unless you are an absolute authority on the inner thoughts of the author or authors at the time of the writing.

If that's the case, then no is able to strictly read and understand the Constitution nor be able to apply it .....

The two party system of today is nothing but a game to divide thus controlling the masses by giving them the sense of false hope. One thing that those corrupt and power hungry politicians know is that people will never rebel as long as hope exists.

I agree.....and it is working so well.......However, it will come to the point in time the masses will realize that they have no real hope or faith in them...and that is rapidly approaching.......How many are seeing that there isn't any hope for a better society through the current Political process??.... Millions of people are coming to that conclusion..

You brought out some great points in your post......

They just use someone else's SS# and identity. Usually a friend or relative. Some people even sell the info because they have more mkney put into their SS.
No, Brother,.....The fact of the matter is that employers who use "illegal" aliens do not comply with the law, and as certain groups in Congress, and the people who finance their election campaigns have gutted funding for enforcement of that law, it can be ignored with impunity. ABF has a poster on the wall where all the legal employment information is. They "comply" with the law. They must verify that you are who you say you are, and that you have a valid SS number. Saying that the twelve million "illegal" aliens are using twelve million phony SS numbers is an urban myth. Pretty much it's the employers who invite them here, and scoff at the Federal law, so they can cut wages and increase profits at the expense of this country, are the major lawbreakers here. Even at the height of the 2008 "recession", the steady flow of undocumented, invited, workers didn't abate. Don't forget the main principle of business: When you can double the size of the Labor pool, you can cut worker's wages in half. Big Business has always imported workers just to do that, only nowadays they found a way to do it with undocumented workers,....... which is even cheaper. Those " illegals" wouldn't be here unless they were promised work here. Big Business does not fly an American flag,........ we all know that. They are more than happy that we demonize them,.....,because it deflects the blame away the true law-breakers, the scofflaws who are emploing them,.........at our expense, and for their profit.

[
I don't think there's a conspiracy against us as drivers. Wages for drivers on the whole have gone up year over year. I know I've made more every year than the year before, and it seems that I'm to a point in my career that I'm not living paycheck to paycheck anymore. I have enough to pay the bills and something left over as well.

I don't think wages are being manipulated either. Ours are going up. YRC and ABF took a concession. YRC probably out of necessity, despite those stupid bonuses being paid to their upper management. That was abhorrent, and the guys running the ship there should be making $1 a year until they can turn it around. That would be the way to show the rank and file they mean business about keeping the ship afloat. ABF on the other hand WAS manipulated, somewhat anyway. You can't argue that ABF wasn't making very much money if any before you took the 7% concession. The way they went about it, that was wrong. They duped over 50% of your fellow employees by subterfuge and misdirection with the YRC buyout threat. That's what I don't like about the union. If you can trick 51% to vote for it, everyone else who said no is stuck with it anyway. And with a defined pension benefit, you're kinda stuck where you are if you don't like it unless you can find another union trucking job that feeds into the same multi-employer plan. I know, I know, OD could change their whole compensation structure tomorrow and there's nothing I can do about it other than leave if I don't like it. But seriously, I really don't think they're going to do that. They're making money hand over fist and all of us drivers are doing so as well. If they came and took away benefits or pay right now they'd have a bunch of really pissed off drivers who would probably walk out. They can barely move the volume of freight we have right now. They would paralyze themselves if they swooped in and drastically changed things for the worse. And if they did there are other places to go work, and I can at least take the portion of my 401 I have contributed and roll it into another.

I suppose that the only thing that really worries me about the future of trucking is the infiltration of illegal aliens into our society, and the possibility that they would overtake the trucking industry. That would definitely drive wages down, because there are a lot of them here already and more coming every day. So far I am hopeful that this won't happen. The cross-border trucking deal that went down a couple of years ago seemed to go over like a fart in church and was quickly dispensed with. If it does happen... well then God have mercy on all of us.

You and your OD(Overtime Denied) chumps are a bunch of coat-tail riding SCABS, and you have the nerve to talk about "illegals". Cowardly SCAB workers like you are directly responsible for destroying wages and benefits. If the teamsters lost UPS, OD(Overtime Denied) would pay your type the .33 mile you deserve...smh

Easy, Brother,......We want to organize 'em, not antagonize 'em. We know the reasons we're here,.....we've got to convince them, not strong-arm them..The fact that Brother Songrrmainsthesame is even here means he is curious and maybe even sympathetic........One down,...100,000 more to go. In this day and age, it's too easy to listen to the corporate propaganda, and completely shut your earflaps to any sort of organization effort. We need guys to listen to us,........at least listen.......we don't need to run them off.

[You and your OD(Overtime Denied) chumps are a bunch of coat-tail riding SCABS, and you have the nerve to talk about "illegals". Cowardly SCAB workers like you are directly responsible for destroying wages and benefits. If the teamsters lost UPS, OD(Overtime Denied) would pay your type the .33 mile you deserve...smh

Why the all the vituperation??...... The men and women that work for Non-Union carriers are just earning a living for their Families just as the Teamster workers are....Most are decent hard working people just the same as the Union workers...... Has nothing to do with being "cowardly" or being a "Scab".....

When they see and hear such Toxicity coming from Union workers it does nothing to make them want to be a part of the Union...... Those individual workers are NOT the reason for the recent concessions at Companies like YRC or ABF......any more than the Union workers were directly responsible..

So take a deep breath.....and relax.....Think it through.....

there's plenty of favoritism going on here.
With all due respect, I personally haven't seen favoritism on here as far as how the rules are applied.... If members could be banned for expressing unpopular viewpoints....I would have been banned long ago..... One of the good things about these forums is the fact that the Moderators join in the conversations and debates here....I've been on other forums where the Moderators, never ,or rarely, posted......Here you know who they are and what they think.....I personally disagree with some of moderators viewpoints on some topic's or on a post...but as far as I can see....They treat the membership here fair....and I respect them and the time they take to help make this the best forum of it's kind on the internet....

Glad to hear your doing fine and got away from a Job you didn't like..... best of luck.....

Consider reapplying at ABF in the future..... They are a great Company to work for from what I've heard from people that I have known that left, or were laid off at the "Big R" and went there...

Last edited:
BoatRocker may have came across a wee bit on the strong side but yet it was his feelings and not the feelings of everyone that is a Teamster.
But he also has the right to express himself. All you have to do is follow the post of people like Snakeremainthesame he is saying the exact same thing about the Teamsters but in a round about way.

No BoatRocker is doing nothing different than Snakeremainthesame. As a matter of fact he is in my opinion doing it as one would expect a man to do it. In your face and to the point. Now this is not to say I agree with his opinion but he has a right to his just like all of us do on this site.

Snakeremainsthesame is calling our way of life all kinds of SOB's no I will take the straight forward approach any day. Let's look at some of the nice things Snakeremainsthesame has said just on this thread alone.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"I like what y'all are saying, I really do. And I agree wholeheartedly. But how do you justify a union that supports the democrats primarily who LOVE illegals? Just a question." _ Here he calls all of us supporters of illegals coming into the United States.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"It's a benefit of working those years. You invested no money. It's all house money. So I find it amusing that you get offended as if money that you actually worked hours for, was deducted from your hourly/mileage wage, and is now being pissed away. Investments in a 401 aside from company match is money deducted from my mileage wage, invested for me, and if it loses money then hell yes I'm mad. Same for social security. That's money that is a dollar amount I earned that is being deducted to fund someone else's retirement. If I don't get any of that back then hell yes I'm pissed. I feel for the guys that worked union jobs for 30 plus in easier times and were promised a certain dollar amount that now might not be there because of pension cuts. Those guys were told one thing and might not have chosen to invest privately thinking all was candy canes and roses. A little on the naive side, but entirely understandable, especially before deregulation. Anybody that has worked a union job the last 15-20 and hasn't been socking money away aside from the pension was/is asking for trouble."
Here he calls all of us dumb idiots for believing that we would ever receive a pension.

(Snakeremainsthesame)Call it what you like but YOU are not setting any of that money aside. YOU have no skin in the game. A pension is a great benefit, if it happens to be there when you retire. But to call it YOUR money when YOU did not put it aside is ludicrous."

Here he says we really never paid anything into a pension fund therefore we are beggars. Asking for something for nothing.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"I never said I wouldn't file a grievance if money were due, I said that I find it asinine that you spend so much of your day worrying about how you're getting ****ed by the company and trying to take something for nothing as opposed to being more worried about working for it. I would expect nothing less than petty name calling from you either. If you have facts, pound the facts, if you have nothing, pound the table. So go pound sand."

Here he says we want something for nothing and he even in a word calls us all STUPID!

(Snakeremainsthesame)"Yes the company paid it on your behalf, that's a BENEFIT of employment, not a wage. You just want to claim control of the money so you have something to bitch about."

Here we are cry baby's wanting something for nothing.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"Yes I'm sure you're loving that screwing you're getting every week. Too bad it costs you 15% of your pay and it's being done by a big yellow pig. Hope they give you a kiss after.Now here he is really feeling comfortable coming to our forum and calling us names and making fun of those that have had to take cuts."

He is calling all of those that have met giveback GAY in his own words we LOVED GETTING SCREWED. Not only GAY but we enjoy GETTING SCREWED BY PIGS!

(Snakeremainsthesame)"I recall a certain member I'm speaking with right now causing quite a :shit:storm he had to apologize for a week or two ago... Remember Muler, people in glass houses..."

Here he goes as far as to say I was told to post a thread saying I was sorry WRONG!

(Snakeremainsthesame)"The part that is :horseshit: is that you have chosen to stoop to petty insinuation and slander rather than to debate like a man. Clear enough?0

No surprise, favoritism runs alive and well. Some get banned while others skate."

Here he states our MOD is not a MAN and that he is unfair.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"Insinuation and slander that somehow I didn't "measure up" or didn't pass the employment screen. You guys are all the same, can't argue facts so you go after a guy personally to cast dispersion on him and keep people from seeing the weakness of your own argument"

.Here his own self worth shines through. Because someone pointed out that he doesn't measure up to abf standards.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"I don't need to ask Guardrail anything. The fact that you're still posting on here after questioning a certain other member's sexual orientation to which you offered a half-hearted apology that really wasn't an apology while EX396 is banned tells me that there's plenty of favoritism going on here"

Now he is even so bold as to now go after my BUDDY Guardrail. I am so upset.

(Snakeremainsthesame)"It was a 5 man barn, they hired one to replace a retiree. The YRC guy obviously got first dibs. No matter, things worked out just fine anyway."

Again here he says that not only did the Teamsters screw him now yrc is also screwing him

(Snakeremainsthesame)"You guys are the most delusional group of people I've ever seen in my life. I really don't have any words to describe..."

Look here now he is saying that we are ALL MENTALLY HANDICAPPED!

(Snakeremainsthesame)"I'm sure you all think you're hilarious. But it shows who really needs help with their people skills. I apologize that some of you are so dim-witted you mistake my questioning of the inane backward thinking some of you call a culture to be animosity."

NOW NOW here is the real bases to his posting on OUR FORUM. He said that anyone that believes in the Teamsters way of life is a DIMWIT.( and by the way you commented when I used an A instead of a AN there is no - between DIMWITTED Just Saying.

SO here is a run down on Snakeremainsthesame on OUR THREAD.

He has called us Crybaby Mentally Handicapped begging gays that allow pigs to screw us in the rear ends. I find his post far more disturbing than that of BoatRocker. No Brothers Snakremainsthesame is far more venomous than BoatRocker. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited:
Why the all the vituperation??...... The men and women that work for Non-Union carriers are just earning a living for their Families just as the Teamster workers are....Most are decent hard working people just the same as the Union workers...... Has nothing to do with being "cowardly" or being a "Scab".....

When they see and hear such Toxicity coming from Union workers it does nothing to make them want to be a part of the Union...... Those individual workers are NOT the reason for the recent concessions at Companies like YRC or ABF......any more than the Union workers were directly responsible..

So take a deep breath.....and relax.....Think it through.....

I'm awake, not bitter. Both political parties just passed the TPP. That means Predatory Global Capitalist Criminals and their puppet politicians will turn American workers into third world slave labor....WAKE-UP PAL!! We're still the world's biggest market, we must set the standard for labor rights and benefits. Germany is Europe's strongest economy and the world's most unionized country, if the Krauts can do it...so can we! My generation(early 30's) will NOT be slaves to Degenerate Criminal Capitalist Pimps who have zero allegiance to this country..

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with having some enemies, it means you stand up for something....
If you don't have any enemies you're doing something wrong.
I'm awake, not bitter. Both political parties just passed the TPP. That means Predatory Global Capitalist Criminals and their puppet politicians will turn American workers into third world slave labor....WAKE-UP PAL!! We're still the world's biggest market, we must set the standard for labor rights and benefits. Germany is Europe's strongest economy and the world's biggest unionized country, if the Krauts can do it...so can we! My generation(early 30's) will NOT be slaves to Degenerate Criminal Capitalist Pimps who have zero allegiance to this country..
God bless you you have my support and good luck with it.