FedEx Freight | Hope its a rumor!!

Socal_driver

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard today that other FedEx drivers from diffrent divisions can transfer over to Fedex National and keep their senority which also means that they can take other drivers routes from us! If this is true there are gonna be alot of drivers leaving when we turn into fedex!! the person told me that he saw it on a fedex memo!! If you know of this memo please post a link cause or TM said that its not true but others drivers heard it also!!!

This isn't true! I have asked the district manager if we could transfer and he said no that you would have to apply to fedex national ltl and be rehired under the different division. I was curious b/c i'm in a supervisors' program and I thought there might be somehting open in the Watkins terminal that is closer to my home. I would have to take a cut in pay and lose my seniority. I would have to start out at the same pay as I received when I first hired in. They weren't saying this to "keep" me b'c I will have to move to a different center in order to take a position in operations. Hope this eases your mind. nina
Socal_driver said:
I heard today that other FedEx drivers from diffrent divisions can transfer over to Fedex National and keep their senority which also means that they can take other drivers routes from us! If this is true there are gonna be alot of drivers leaving when we turn into fedex!! the person told me that he saw it on a fedex memo!! If you know of this memo please post a link cause or TM said that its not true but others drivers heard it also!!!

:nutkick:
nina said:
This isn't true! I have asked the district manager if we could transfer and he said no that you would have to apply to fedex national ltl and be rehired under the different division. I was curious b/c i'm in a supervisors' program and I thought there might be somehting open in the Watkins terminal that is closer to my home. I would have to take a cut in pay and lose my seniority. I would have to start out at the same pay as I received when I first hired in. They weren't saying this to "keep" me b'c I will have to move to a different center in order to take a position in operations. Hope this eases your mind. nina
Yep....this is true....different company means that person start on the bottom....like a bottom feeder!

Socal_driver said:
NO, THAT WILL NEVER, EVER BE THE CASE

Socal_driver said:
DONT LISTEN TO THE RUMORS I WORK FOR FEDEX AND WE WERE TOLD THAT WHEN FEDEX BOUGHT WATKINS THE ONLY CHANGES WOULD BE THE NAME .IF WE WANTED TO GO TO WORK FOR FEDEX NATIONAL WE WOULD HAVE TO QUIT FEDEX FREIGHT AND GET HIRED ON OVER THERE,SO THINK ABOUT IT WHERE DOES NEW EMPLOYEE"S GO WHEN THEY GET HIRED I BELIEVE THEY GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SENORITY LIST.10-4

FedEx bought only the facilities, equipment, and business..... not the people. When this thing gets finalized, the Watkins folks will be, technically, without a job until the next day when they will become an employee with 1 days seniority.

nobody said:
FedEx bought only the facilities, equipment, and business..... not the people. When this thing gets finalized, the Watkins folks will be, technically, without a job until the next day when they will become an employee with 1 days seniority.

Being employed with for 13 years, it is my feeling that they wouldn't have made the deal without making sure that the people who helped them get where they are would be taking care of. They are staying, at least for a couple of years, to see that thing operate as smoothly as possible. The employes from Fedex West and East have stated that things didn't change for them that much and we would be pleased once all the everythings is finalized.

we will be getting our applications on tuesday, how in gods name are they going to process 10,000 applications or just file them so they have them in fed exs system.

What about pre employment drug test and a company physical for the new employee driver file? Just askin, if you have to fill out an application wouldn't you have to pass the drug screen and physical.

fr8rookie said:
What about pre employment drug test and a company physical for the new employee driver file? Just askin, if you have to fill out an application wouldn't you have to pass the drug screen and physical.
We will have a drug test this week, we were told. I just had my physical. Physicals are good for a year.

nobody said:

Not true. They get to keep their seniority in Fedex National, as well as all the benefits they were entitled to for that seniority.

With what I've heard from FedEx Freight employees,(these are employees I've worked with in the past that work at FXF now) FedEx takes care of there employees. I don't think that it will be any different for FedEx National employees.

I hope they give you all what you deserve, I've seen enough taking to last me a lifetime, I hope it will be a smooth transistion for you all.

Well I got offered 21 per hour and No senority! But the new guys they hired a week ago have more senority than me and others who have been with the company for over 20 years! I think its B.S. but if I go any where I still will be on the bottom of the list and making starting pay, so I might as well stay!!! BTW in January I might possibly lose my route and the customers that know the service i give to them because the new guys get to pick what routes they want to run when the new year starts!! anyone else feel they got :bicycle: by the new hires with the company!!!

you are most likely a contractor buy what
you say , our cont. have been told many times on this issue you are not an employee of watkins , you are a contractor of them .

When Fedex bought AF, we didn't change anything as far as senority. Or pay. Now days if you work for a prospering company like AF, Viking, and Watkins, its only a matter of time before a bigger fish comes along and,, ah,,, buys you. Its not a bad thing here so far.

I Have A Good Friend Who Pulls For Watkins Out Of Chesapeake Va As A Owner Operator And They Told Him He Had Until Monday To Fill Out A New Application Or He Would No Longer Be Employeed,also They Made Him An Offer To Buy His Truck And Start Him As A Company Driver With The Starting Pay At 18.00 An Hour.....