Yellow | Hoping to get Hired!

Roadie

TB Lurker
Credits
I have completed my drug test and physical capacity test, both went well. I am just wondering what can a new hire expect when coming to Roadway. I am excited about this oppourtunity and plan on making it a long term career.

Looking forward to being a Teamster!!

Well what job are you applying for? It will be easier for someone to tell you what you can expect if they know what job you will be performing.

Hey Root........it looks as tho` I will be starting out as a casual P & D.

Hey Kid, My test involved the following,

They took my heart rate then I began a step test which lasted 3 min. at 64 beats per min.

I then had a 1 min. rest period, they monitored my heart rate to see if it dropped

After the 1 min rest I did another step test at 104 beats per min.

After that I was asked to lift a 20 lb box from the ground to a shelf then to a higher shelf and back to the floor, they also asked me if I felt like I could add weight to the box which I did until all the weights were gone.

Next test was the cable pull from the floor, a gauge with handles was attached to a chain that was anchored, I had to pull from 1 inch, 10 inches and 30 inches.

final test was the cable pull that was anchored to the wall, I pulled steady then gave a hard pull to register high on the gauge.

They also checked my Blood pressure

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

If the results come back good you are in there. I noticed we been hiring all over even at this time of year. I think RDWY is hiring to set itself to have enough drivers for next year cause there is a perfect storm a brewing.

screwy louiey said:
If the results come back good you are in there. I noticed we been hiring all over even at this time of year. I think RDWY is hiring to set itself to have enough drivers for next year cause there is a perfect storm a brewing.

Thanks for the info.....I will know the results this week. I thought it was as odd time of year to be hiring but I`m not complainin` :bye1:

Roadie I wish you the best of luck, souds like you did good on your tests. Also, be glad to have you as a brother Teamster. Keep up the enthusiasm !

Thanks alot Trip...........that means alot to me, especially when I`m nervous about starting a new job. I have wanted to work for the big R ever since I worked in a factory and saw the local P & D guy come in every day, he really left a good impression on me.

I`ll keep ya`ll posted

Roadie, good luck on becoming a Big R employee. Always looking for a GOOD teamster to join the gang:razz: If you ever need help just speak up and help will be there! If not at the barn you applied for, the guys who post here will help..

"roadway"- Always......

Roadie said:
Thanks guys!
your kindness just shows me what type of employees Roadway has!........professional!!
:)

"BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYZ" and hang in there to always remember
"ROADWAY"-"ALWAYS ON THE ROAD & ALWAYS IN YOUR WAY":D

I wish you luck Roadie!! I remember when I applied for my job at Roadway. I was very lucky. I was hired on the spot. They were in need of switchers real bad. I went to work the same day I applied for the job. More money and also I was allowed to join the Teamsters....I phoned home and told the family I was now a BIG R Driver & Teamster now. And the week long party began.......

hiring on

hey i know what you mean toxic,i had my strength test today @ greenville for a city job in ashevlle,nc and i think it went well,and the tm said they will back in touch tomorrow to set-up the drug screen..it will feel good to get back in the teamster mode as i have been away for awhile,on pipeline work and such, not to mention my short stint @ yellow. p.s i would like to thank D.S AND JUGHEAD and all of you for the info,help and such.this site means alot to me and it will always be a big part of my career.

Hey Wyoming,

Was the testing similar to what I had mentioned? Sounds like ya did good!

hope it works out for ya!

Open mouth, insert keyboard!!!

Toxic said:
They were in need of switchers real bad.
That's an understatement!!! LOL :owned: Hey Toxic..........where's my Birthday Wish at??? Hell I took care of your steward all week in class, give me some props!! DS.

test

yes roadie it was the exact same thing. i think i did well,but i don't know really what they are looking for.blood pressure was good at the start,then i did the step test and my heart rate was 138. came down nicely after.lifting and pulling went very well. just waiting on the tm to call for drug & physical now.

taking their time..

it seems they are as slow as the railroad when it comes to hiring. i applied with csx railroad months ago and it took weeks... to get just an interview and to be tested,i passed and haven't heard from them since.

wyomingkid said:
it seems they are as slow as the railroad when it comes to hiring. i applied with csx railroad months ago and it took weeks... to get just an interview and to be tested,i passed and haven't heard from them since.

I hear ya kid....I`m hoping to get a call soon, I would really hate to have to go back OTR.......Roadway is worth the wait tho`:showoff:

Where in N.C. are you located?