Yellow | Hoping to get Hired!

yes roadie,i'm tired of the road and won't go back if i don't have to.i guess i've always got electrical work to fall back on,plus i can do all the data work as well( phone and sat) so that will be my choice if big R don't work out.as for my location i live in marion,n.c just east of asheville,n.c.

It`ll work out......just hang in there! I`m guessing it`s not too often they spend money for a drug test and physical capacity test then not hire ya when you pass both

I used to work outta Winston Salem......been across I-40 many times......good friend lives in High Point, N.C.

yes i hope it will work out.by the way roadie,i only had i session with the step test and i got my heart rate up to i think 138 per minute but wasn't tired or winded, so i'm thinking you said you had two sessions?

Docksteward said:
That's an understatement!!! LOL :owned: Hey Toxic..........where's my Birthday Wish at??? Hell I took care of your steward all week in class, give me some props!! DS.
HBFrog said I cant give you anything. I wonder why???

hey screwylou, I heard 2nd, maybe 3rd hand, that RDWY is 100 drivers short, system wide. probably because not everyone followed their freight in the last change. some that did worked just long enough to retire and go home. some took the move money and quit, whatever. we were asking to have our bids changed for 6 days to 5 days with an option to run the 6th. Akron, Kansas City, whoever said no way. keep them on 6. shorthanded.

Have you guys heard anything about the jobs? I hope all is working out for you both. Let us know when you hear something. Good Luck!

something is going on

671 has there hands full as we speak we had to send our freight to 135 last night to keep from blowin them out with freight. Only the hub freight was run into 671.

Heck we're hiring guyz this time of year knowing what is going to happen years end when freight drops off. I am thinking that they're positioning themselves for next spring so they won't have to do the paperwork & processing game and they'll have their people in place for the rush.

Locally here with our new sales rep that came from Watkins we are getting into places for freight RDWY didn't know existed.
On the peddle I run there is three other guys pulling freight out of the area including me, something must be up cause they sent a switcher unit to us:surprised:

Root Access said:
Have you guys heard anything about the jobs? I hope all is working out for you both. Let us know when you hear something. Good Luck!

Hey Root,

Have not heard anything as of Wednesday....starting to sweat just a bit but I know the whole process takes a while. I did have another offer from Central Transport but have not called them back in hopes of getting on with BIG R

I`m just anxious to get started with one of the best carriers in the biz!

Thanks for askin`
I`ll keep ya posted

Well it doesn't hurt to call and check on the progress. Give them a call if you dont hear from them by tomorrow afternoon. It doesn't take long to get the results from the test and sometimes people just get busy and things like hiring guys get put on the back burner. Calling them will remind them you are still waiting and that you're anxious to get to work.

waiting..

thanks for the concern, but i have not heard anything as well.tm said yesterday that he would call today but didn't.like roadie there i'm starting to get nervous whether i past the physical test.will be waiting with cell phone in hand tomorrow for the call to test further.again thanks for the concern.

"Hello Roadway......I'm ready to start"!!

Hey guys, like Root said......keep the pressure on RDWY and let them know you want to work. They may be processing several drivers and if you can get on before they do.......ask anyone......a day can make a big difference as far as seniority!!!:shades: DS.

They are hiring 2 here in Michigan......I`ll be giving the T.M. a call just to check in. Last call to them was on Tuesday. I`m anxious to get workin` and anxious to get back to being a Teamster!

Hang in there Wyoming.......we will soon be Big R brothers.....LOL

Thanks to everyone else for all your advice, it`s greatly appreciated up here in the North Country!

screwy louiey said:
671 has there hands full as we speak we had to send our freight to 135 last night to keep from blowin them out with freight. Only the hub freight was run into 671.

Heck we're hiring guyz this time of year knowing what is going to happen years end when freight drops off. I am thinking that they're positioning themselves for next spring so they won't have to do the paperwork & processing game and they'll have their people in place for the rush.

Locally here with our new sales rep that came from Watkins we are getting into places for freight RDWY didn't know existed.
On the peddle I run there is three other guys pulling freight out of the area including me, something must be up cause they sent a switcher unit to us:surprised:
Hay screwy which location do you work ok?

District III

Toxic said:
Hay screwy which location do you work ok?

657 Brother, How is Dock Steward doin down there? Still waiting for him to make that 657 turn from 671 on that lovely goat path of a road RT 58 (enter @ your own risk):TR10driving03:

screwy louiey said:
657 Brother, How is Dock Steward doin down there? Still waiting for him to make that 657 turn from 671 on that lovely goat path of a road RT 58 (enter @ your own risk):TR10driving03:
He is still in traning I think. He is trying to figure out how to get his CDL and not have to drive the city. Last time I saw him he was yard bossing and handing out apples at the gate with JC :Banane01:

hoping to get hired

Roadie hang in there and good luck. I applied at 688 and went thru the mandantory checks. I was hired as a casual 8/28/06. I went in with a positive attitude and did everything they asked of me. (it helped I had a year of p/d experiance from SAIA). I am pleased to announce that I was promoted to regular status as of 10/01/06. I am very proud to be working for Roadway and be a member of a great union. Expect to start at the bottom and work your way up, if you are willing to pay your dues and bide your time, privilege will come with seniority. Once again good luck!

Toxic; The unknown comic

Toxic said:
He is still in traning I think. He is trying to figure out how to get his CDL and not have to drive the city. Last time I saw him he was yard bossing and handing out apples at the gate with JC :Banane01:
Ha Ha Ha, very funny there Toxic.:paperbag1: We'll see who's doing what when I'm running Hickory and Durham and you guys are working the yard when you come in!! LOL :razz: Just kidding......did your guys call the BA about the loads being run by 411? DS.

eaglescout said:
I was hired as a casual 8/28/06. I went in with a positive attitude and did everything they asked of me. (it helped I had a year of p/d experiance from SAIA). I am pleased to announce that I was promoted to regular status as of 10/01/06.
Hey eaglescout.......congradulations on your full time status!! DS.

eaglescout said:
Roadie hang in there and good luck. I applied at 688 and went thru the mandantory checks. I was hired as a casual 8/28/06. I went in with a positive attitude and did everything they asked of me. (it helped I had a year of p/d experiance from SAIA). I am pleased to announce that I was promoted to regular status as of 10/01/06. I am very proud to be working for Roadway and be a member of a great union. Expect to start at the bottom and work your way up, if you are willing to pay your dues and bide your time, privilege will come with seniority. Once again good luck!
Congratulations eaglescout on you full time status. Since you are new to the Union I would recommend that you attend your local union monthly meetings.