Yellow | Hoping to get Hired!

Docksteward said:
Ha Ha Ha, very funny there Toxic.:paperbag1: We'll see who's doing what when I'm running Hickory and Durham and you guys are working the yard when you come in!! LOL :razz: Just kidding......did your guys call the BA about the loads being run by 411? DS.
I called and left a message with my BA and also notified my Steward.
DS you dock stewards need to get involved also. File something!!! how much freight is not coming to 671 now? Durham,Raleigh,Sanford... That is job loss on the dock with out a change of operations. The three must have 1 million pounds of freight a week that is not coming across the 671 dock. Not to mention the Norfolk freight going to 135 that was coming to 671.....
I am really pissed about this.... No change of OP's and all that freight going to other docks.......

further testing.

well i got the call today from 673 to come monday for the drug & physical test. i post with great hope that i will be working soon.word is freight is very high and hope to work steady when starting.hope that roadie will get his call soon if not already.thanks to all who have helped with all forms of info.

eaglescout said:
Roadie hang in there and good luck. I applied at 688 and went thru the mandantory checks. I was hired as a casual 8/28/06. I went in with a positive attitude and did everything they asked of me. (it helped I had a year of p/d experiance from SAIA). I am pleased to announce that I was promoted to regular status as of 10/01/06. I am very proud to be working for Roadway and be a member of a great union. Expect to start at the bottom and work your way up, if you are willing to pay your dues and bide your time, privilege will come with seniority. Once again good luck!

Welcome brother & congrats it was well deserved for you and us all.