ODFL | HOS bill

I totally agree with this. Being linehaul and being forced to take the 30 minute break by a certain time has disadvantages. The biggest is that break takes me out of the flow. It’s hard to recover, sitting somewhere, then I gotta get wound up again. I’d rather do a break at my convenience. Also taking a break in bad weather can suck. Also due to the small Terminal that I meet at, I always try to get out of there, letting the driver’s behind me have more room. I definitely would support this. Besides being Texan, how can you go wrong.

I totally agree with this. Being linehaul and being forced to take the 30 minute break by a certain time has disadvantages. The biggest is that break takes me out of the flow. It’s hard to recover, sitting somewhere, then I gotta get wound up again. I’d rather do a break at my convenience. Also taking a break in bad weather can suck. Also due to the small Terminal that I meet at, I always try to get out of there, letting the driver’s behind me have more room. I definitely would support this. Besides being Texan, how can you go wrong.
I look at this and see it directed at mostly,O/O’s,and truckload drivers. To me,it looks like lobbyists from grocery,and retail distribution centers that are notorious for basically holding these guys hostage for hours,preventing them from getting back on the road,thus hurting their paycheck. Why not force the shippers,and consignee’s to Compensate the driver from arrival,until departure for time,and equipment? The sort/seg type places have been a major cause of drivers losing daily work hours.Get paid for what you do....