Yellow | Hostility towards Yellow drivers?

imported_Traveler

TB Lurker
Credits
I was just windering if anyone else has been having prolems with other drivers on the road messing with them while they were driving? I had a driver from a chiken hauler out fit cat and mouse me for about 130 miles the other day on I-44 Between STL and SPG and was just wondering if anyone else had been having problems. It was so bad that I considered calling the police but didn't because I didn't want to seem like a baby. But this guy made some very specicfic threats and semmed to have something against Unions. Just keep your eyes peeled when your on I-44. No matter what barn your from. It seemed that this guy takes p;leasure in messing with us and then running off after he does something really ignorant. Just be careful.

If you are being threatened for any reason, drop a dime on them and call the police.

Bullies are only given their power as long as others allow them to have the power.

Wasn't really sure what was going on until the end when he did something intensionally. I don't want to be a tattle tail but I got to thinking about it after he was gone and realized that he could have gone on about his business the entire time he was messing with me knowing that I couldn't go and faster than I was going. and he didn't for over an hour. I've been driving professionally for over 10 years now and have never had an experience like this one. I know now how I'm going to handle it in the future. I just wanted to see if this has been happening to other drivers and get some input on how to deal with it. It was so bad I didn't even tell my wife about it. I mentioned it to a couple driveres back at the barn but moreas a warning than anything else.

CB bullies are basically cowards once they are faced one on one.

Kind of like bragging they got big cajones and finding out their peepees are just that...peepees...LOL

Hey Traveler, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've noticed this kind of stuff happening to me more and more in the past year. My favorites are the drivers who speed up on you when your trying to pass and then leave you hung out in the hammer lane with a mile of traffic backed up behind you. It never fails some wise guy will come over the radio and make me out to be the bad guy in the whole thing (Hence, my radio is off 95% of the time). I tend to believe it is rookies who haven't shaken off that four wheeler mentality. I drive very defensivly these days and I always expect the worst from the "Billy Big-Riggers." Be safe out there.

My last two years driving truck ( for yellow) I just ran a FM and had the CB for emergencies. And once I became a Big Rigger I didn't even run the CB except for when I was running with someone I knew in particular.. I had My lap top for directions and my Cell phone with head set to chat with friends. Glad that I was able to finally fully retire.

Guys don't forget about that poor guy from New Penn who was beat to death a year or two ago.

People can be a-holes out there and you never know what someone is capable of in this day and age.

Call the cops and stay in your vehicle, truck or car.

Be safe.

It really is hard to understand .....but, I have seen alot of "ill-will" towards company drivers and/or freighthaulers vs. owner-operators . I don't really understand it. I think most of the issues both groups have are pretty much the same . We are all out here making a living doing pretty much the same job on the same roads. Truthfully, the "old-timers" don't seem to get caught up in the HOOhaw .

Happens all the time with me too......DON'T PLAY THEIR GAME!
Back off, or pull off the next ramp and let them go on!
I took the employer page out of one of those truck employment books you see at the truck stops that has the numbers to most of these companies, and I USE IT!
Call in their numbers if you can....if not, get off at the next ramp and DO NOT PLAY THEIR GAME!.......KK

Friend of the frog said:
Guys don't forget about that poor guy from New Penn who was beat to death a year or two ago.

People can be a-holes out there and you never know what someone is capable of in this day and age.

Call the cops and stay in your vehicle, truck or car.

Be safe.
Thanks for bringing this up FOTF, this should remind each and every one of us to be careful and smart.
A quick update about Ralph J., the case has been officially closed, however the family has made an attempt to gather any information possible with billboards posted along the area in which the incident occurred asking for help and offering a reward.
In any case in which you feel a threat, use the modern technology available, call authorities :police: on your cell, get as much information as possible and call the company and report the driver to their safety department.
Each of us has a family, returning home should be our first priority, so be smart and cautious with any aggressive drivers, cars or trucks.
Ralph J. never made it back home that day, now his wife has no husband and his two daughters have no father.
R.I.P 11/23/2005

Traveler, this kind of stuff happens to me so many times I have lost count. Unfortunatly the last time something like it happened was by a Big R. It took me over 5 miles to pass him in Illinois between Mt. Vernon and the river. No courtesy there. Thankfully the lead car behind me knew what was going on. He used all his fingers extended when he waved as he finally got to pass. Needless to say I didn't cut him one inch when I came back over in the lane. Not something that I would recommend, but my patience only goes so far. Especially for someone who is supposed to be a Brother.

Flattop said:
Traveler, this kind of stuff happens to me so many times I have lost count. Unfortunatly the last time something like it happened was by a Big R. It took me over 5 miles to pass him in Illinois between Mt. Vernon and the river. No courtesy there. Thankfully the lead car behind me knew what was going on. He used all his fingers extended when he waved as he finally got to pass. Needless to say I didn't cut him one inch when I came back over in the lane. Not something that I would recommend, but my patience only goes so far. Especially for someone who is supposed to be a Brother.
same here traveler i have tried to pass big r's in the past and no let up.yhey dont even wave at you as you go by.and i am in a big r truck!

hillbilly said:
p.s. this is typical of what we have been hiring at big r since C.F. has gone out.every one for themselves.they dont even say hello in the drivers room.
What does CF have to do with it ? Are you making the implication that former CF drivers are out for themselves ?
I don't quite understand what you mean by this post.

What goes around comes around...

This morning I was on my way from CGB to DET. I was on I-94 east and came upon a slow moving container in the right lane. I had enough room and speed to pass the driver. As I got out into the hammer lane he decided to speed up. No problem I would let him pass me then slip in behind him as this truck I was driving would only do 60 MPH. This jerk decided to just hang me out there for four miles, By this time traffic started to build up behind me. Do you think this guy would pass me NOPE. I finally let off it and slipped behind him to get people all Ticked off at me. I finally waited till he got caught behind a slow truck waited for the car next to me pass me then slid out behind this car as he wanted to come out from behind the slow truck. NOWAY A_HOLE. I left him there to hang till cars started to get behind me then I kept on going. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I drive with the C.B. off because I can not stand to listen to some driver 12 miles away talk on his ECHOOOOO. And By the looks of this inconsiderate driver he was not from this country. This is another topic.