FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

Just wondering...

If the sittuation were reversed and the top city guys were the only ones who had not yet felt the pain of cutbacks while every other person in the company had seen their income fall, would the same people be saying that the top city guys had earned immunity from cutbacks?

Just something to think about.

:popcorn:

Their should be a company policy out there to make it more fair for drivers both city & road. Rotate the cancelled runs for road & the no work days for the city drivers. The company made a committment with us when they hired us fulltime. We stayed committed to them, but when times are slow like this we seen to get the scraps or even nothing. NO_ WORK The policy should rotate both boards to allow everyone to work. It's Not fair for just the bottom bids, both road & cityto sit home all the time when things slow down.I understand what the company is doing to try to STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVEwith the cutbacks that they did. Meanwhile why does the low man sit home 2-4 days a week & the company does nothing to change that. Other LTL competitors have a police in plane & FED EX should have one also.
FedEx does have a policy and plan to deal with what is happening, it is called work as much as you can. The other LTL companies have a plan you won't like any where near as much as the one we have. It is called layoff, fired or just plain old bankruptcy. Good luck to you I hope you get more work soon.

Loose Cannon must be in the top 50% - 70% of the board! Nobody here is talking about living a pipe dream like the analogy you're trying to make. The only choice I made was to accept a position with Fed Ex Freight as a full tine employee @ the time. I made a committment with them & they made a committment with me to be a FULLTIME EMPLOYEE. The pain is felt by the company & should be justifiably felt by everyone that works for Fed Ex Freight is my point. Senority or Not!!!
You know, he has a point. Every one at FedEx should have to loose their homes and go on the public dole. That way the government would have more effect on our lives. I have been laid off years ago during a recession from the West and found another job to pay the bills until things got better and came back to work here. I did almost lose my home and did lose my wife in part because of what happened. You aren't the first person to have this happen to them and you certainly won't be the last. 20 years from now when you go through another recession I want to here what you have to say about who gets the work.

Just wondering...

If the sittuation were reversed and the top city guys were the only ones who had not yet felt the pain of cutbacks while every other person in the company had seen their income fall, would the same people be saying that the top city guys had earned immunity from cutbacks?

I can't look at it that way. For the 28 years I have been in LtL and the three recessions and many slow downs, I have always seen the same thing, The top men of every board (dock city road) got the work. Its just always been that way. That's where the word seniority came from. We were all at one time the % of the bottom and watched the top % work. I just don't see it changing and I just don't agree with spreading the pain.

Theres the answer

Let me add, YES, Jeff is wrong for thinking that the company should make it mandatory that all employee's feel the pain.

DING DING DING,

Theres the answer I was looking for. It clearly indicates your GREED & SHALLOWNESS!!! In your opinion they're immune to any concessions.. WRONG!

DING DING DING,

Theres the answer I was looking for. It clearly indicates your GREED & SHALLOWNESS!!! In your opinion they're immune to any concessions.. WRONG!

Well, maybe you should spend more time reading all the posts rather than just jumping down people's throats. I answered that question at the very beginning. Post #4

Regardless of my so called greed & shallowness, Your situation is not going to change. The top men (senior) will always get the work on every board. PERIOD!!!!!!!

That happens too.

Just wondering...

I work longer hours when it's slow then when freight levels are norrmal. Not by my choosing. We come in do our routes, then have to go back out with empties for late hour pick ups because somehow it reduces center cost to pay overtime for several if you just starve a few. Personally I'd rather we all worked and shared the load. I would rather work 5 6-8 hr days then 5 10-12 hr days. Going home early, even when it's slow isn't an option. I use alot of personal and vacation time to try and help those with less seniority, but they have to understand that it's time I've earned and can do with what I choose. Some seem to think I should burn all my time up in the winter so they can work and have their vacation in the summer.

yea, shoot.. Truckingboards is just a little internet forum, noone pays attention to us

yea, shoot.. Truckingboards is just a little internet forum, noone pays attention to us

Actually many pay attention to these boards And hopefully some of the right people are paying attention, so that at least there is a chance to fix some of the seniority issues. Jeff, you understood what I meant. 1/4 million employee vote as apposed to the percentage here. That would be an astounding yes for total seniority vote.

Agreed, we have 3+2 bids here, and we have 500 mile meets
here you could drop a bid every other week, plan it for the extra board, and everyone would work
upper managements not interested, the bid drivers aren't interested
its been 3 weeks of no work, if fedex really cared and wanted to keep you, they would have done somthing

You don't say where you're from, but if you are getting the new SCM there, give him a few days to get settled in, then go talk to him with your ideas. He's a good guy. He may be able to help you. I know most of the drivers up there, and I can only think of a couple that wouldn't take a trip or two off to help another driver. Only thing is this stupid hog board, only the first or second driver would benefit from it, unless 4 or 5 drivers agree to take the same night off, which can easily happen.