FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

trucking 62 good post! The only thing that I differ with you is that WE ARE NOT ALL FEELING IT! Some prima donna's around here thinks that their crap doesn't stink! These select few think that they are above feeling any affects of the economy because they have senority. Those select few should share the PAIN !

Why should i share the pain, I did my time,what are you jealousl of the guys in front of you? I know guys with 8 plus years out of a job all to gether at fdx, What do you want other people to pay your bills, I think you should get a parttime job i would, if i wasnt working,OH ya i did that when we were AF to get buy...........:flame:

we have guys here that runa 3160 mile a week meet/turn that volunteer for satrdays and run 580 miles while the botom have of our extrabord havent run at all, that sounds fare

we have guys here that runa 3160 mile a week meet/turn that volunteer for satrdays and run 580 miles while the botom have of our extrabord havent run at all, that sounds fare

No i agree with you on this they should talk to your cm because extrabord drivers have to do a call block bid drivers should not be able to bump them on a weekend run...they are extra.....:duh:

Seniority baby! That's right I've been longer than you and been through a bunch of slow times. I have felt the pain. This is not the first slowdown in the trucking business. I've been at the top and I 've been at the bottom a bunch of times because I like to transfer. I never have held a grudge against the guys higher than me. They earned it. I saw this coming and have been getting prepared financially for the better part of last year. This is trucking. If you're at the bottom of the board, bank your ot, keep your bills low and expect to suffer in the slow times.

Seniority baby! That's right I've been longer than you and been through a bunch of slow times. I have felt the pain. This is not the first slowdown in the trucking business. I've been at the top and I 've been at the bottom a bunch of times because I like to transfer. I never have held a grudge against the guys higher than me. They earned it. I saw this coming and have been getting prepared financially for the better part of last year. This is trucking. If you're at the bottom of the board, bank your ot, keep your bills low and expect to suffer in the slow times.
could not agree with u enough saw it myself anyone who did not adjust there finances shame on them

Seniority is the key here, I took the risk of going to the road back when people were getting 10-15 hours of overtime every week in the city. I ran the bottom of the board for 6 years and made my adjustments.

Now they've cut out a lot of overtime and people who didn't make the jump earlier are now making the switch to road and thinking that those who did earlier must make adjustments for them.

This is just one scenario, but it's a typical liberal view. No one helped me make it in those first 6 years and I didn't expect anyone to, I knew the risks and I accepted them, now it's time for others to do the same.

No, I'm not happy about it, I don't want to see people sitting at home, but when it comes down to me working or someone else, it's gonna be me.

roog

Sorry but for me this has less to do with seniority and I paid my dues type of stuff but instead has more to do with having a little compassion for my fellow driver/dockworker who is ,just like me, trying to provide for their families. I've done well over the past few years here and when things pick up again I'll hit it hard again, but in the meantime i'm gonna back it down some and share the work with the ones who are hurting right now. whether you agree or not, to me it's the right thing to do. Peace.

I've done the right thing plenty of times. I'd do it again if the need arose. I don't think anybody has the right to expect it of someone.

If it makes anyone feel just a little better. I have taken off alot of time all my vacation plus alot of no work available days just so a few people can get some hours , ask anyone at gsp they will concur. Why heck i still drive an l unit so no one has to drive one (plus i like it)fatboy,and i'm not at bottom of list

Some people just need to work ....many different reasons .... I'd bet he was doing this all along when the other drivers would not even think of working extra ......:flame::flame:

Sorry but for me this has less to do with seniority and I paid my dues type of stuff but instead has more to do with having a little compassion for my fellow driver/dockworker who is ,just like me, trying to provide for their families. I've done well over the past few years here and when things pick up again I'll hit it hard again, but in the meantime i'm gonna back it down some and share the work with the ones who are hurting right now. whether you agree or not, to me it's the right thing to do. Peace.

Best entry in this thread, by far...

at the city here in mob the clock suckers still get the 55 pluss hours a week .bottom guys dont get anytime at all.im 20 out of 30 city and i take time off all the time so younger guys can work in december i worked 12 days rest personal time and vacation time.glad i have the time saved.but still not as good as when i was a road guy

I see the different opinions of this matter as I read through the post. It's time for you all to succomb to the FedEx way as I finally have...I am a P&D route driver, in other words, I am business owner. I am a people first company, and I am my people, here to maxamize profits for my well being. It seems to be the FedEx montra, so why not follow their lead..Do the least amount of work for the most amount of money...Hide and seek for a grand a week! Seniority first.

Why are the drivers not working their normal hours or runs, filing for partial unemployement. This is what it is there for. File, the company may not like it , but you are your own company. Think of it this way you are like a company as in you are supplying a service of driving a truck for them. As a company you have to do what is best for your servival, ie apply for partial unemployment. Fedex use everything at its means to survive so why not you.

I dont see anything wrong with the bottom guys sitting home.The senior drivers have put in thier time and earned the spots where they are.Though management should ask the guys if they would slide off once in awhile to help the others that are not working.

You sir are a MORON!! I have over six years with this company. I ASSURE you I have paid my dues too. Under normal slowdown circumstances, I would agree. But the are anything BUT normal slowdown circumstances. Don't be a greedy ***, you haven't earned a damn thing but to choose you week of vacation over me.:flame:

One team one dream? We all make different choices at different times in our lives. One dream sounds like everyone should have the same things in life like: mansion, millions in the bank, trophy wife, kids that go to Harvard and become lawyers, 15 exotic sports cars, and GM's private jet!

I Knew you guys were out there, just didn't know you'd come out of the woodwork. YOU MAKE ME SICK, if you weren't living beyond your means, maybe you could find some freakin compassion for someone else and burn a vacation day instead of screwing the guy who has none left. IDIOT.:flame:

Im sorry, but I started at the bottom of the board, for 7 mos. I scraped by on 15-35 hrs. / week. Things picked up and I started to get more senoriyt, more hrs. I then transferred to road, at the bottom, and for 8 mos averaged 3 nights per week. Now I am close to top, I have offered to take a day off to let others work, HOWEVER... some of the prima donnas dont want to work on Fri. They want it scheduled to suit them, I offer Fri. if I am not cut during week, so I get at least 4 runs. I quit offering, it seems that it only benefitted the top 2 in the city, as they would get there hrs plus a run, would not let it trickle down to the ones who needed the work.

Thanks Cosmo for thinking about the other guy.:clap:

Why should i share the pain, I did my time,what are you jealousl of the guys in front of you? I know guys with 8 plus years out of a job all to gether at fdx, What do you want other people to pay your bills, I think you should get a parttime job i would, if i wasnt working,OH ya i did that when we were AF to get buy...........:flame:

You arent being honest either. This company has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 5-6 years. Tell me driver, what dues did you pay exactly?