FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

OK, sir train, I was just redirecting because 9 years seemed pretty specific to a post just prior (that would be previous, or before) to that of Swamp, that he replied to, that you in turn replied to. I'm sorry I didn't see any generalities that might have required simplification, train.
Thats okay I'm mean not just okay but alright and I don't mean just alright but really okay is that alright?

to be honest maybe road driver should be cut back too, helping lower drivers on the board in these hard times maybe working 4 days instead of 5 and 6. im a top tier city driver and i've been on 4 day bid for for 9 ys monday off .. love it .its not about you earning your time!!(seniority) its about helping your fellow brothers you and your families gather with on the off time ..1 day less should hurt paycheck Mr. road driver..
Sorry i have to take care of my own family first.If the lower guy cant understand that its toooooooooo bad.:ShakeHandsNah:
Not to say when its snowin like hell out you can always have my run!:smilie_132:

Sorry i have to take care of my own family first.If the lower guy cant understand that its toooooooooo bad.:ShakeHandsNah:
Not to say when its snowin like hell out you can always have my run!:smilie_132:

How typical :duh:

Our 4/10's are different

to be honest maybe road driver should be cut back too, helping lower drivers on the board in these hard times maybe working 4 days instead of 5 and 6. im a top tier city driver and i've been on 4 day bid for for 9 ys monday off .. love it .its not about you earning your time!!(seniority) its about helping your fellow brothers you and your families gather with on the off time ..1 day less should hurt paycheck Mr. road driver..

They rotate. Tues off this week, Wed the next, then Thurs, when you hit Fri your off the following Mon. A 4 day weekend once a month for those who take the 4/10 bid. It make it fair regaurdless of seniority for those who choose the 4/10 bid. Sounds good when it's busy, but lucky to get 32 when freight levels are down.

Typical phrase , im sure as hell glad those who fought for this country did'nt think that way .

If you have nine years in you are probably at the top of your board and if you are not getting your forty it is maybe because you choose to go home early. At our house the city guys go home voluntarily not by force except those on the bottem of course and yeah it sucks but thats life and when you start your own company you can show the world the path to Righteousness

Train, That's GREAT if it works that way at your barn. This brings up another PROBLEM with the way this company is run :Flame-On: Inconsistant procedures.

At our barn they like to say when there's more freight to pick up "first boots in" go back out. Unless, of course there is a junior guy standing right there, then you could pass and he'll have to do it. When the freight is covered in your area, they generally bring you in... And don't often offer additional work.

They really need to get a handle on these different policies at each center.

Still, if the situation were reversed, I wonder which side of this issue you'd be on...

I agree whole-heartedly. I was hired four and a half years ago- there was a huge need for road and city drvers. But they just kept hiring. In a year and a half, I had twelve road drivers under me, and when things slowed down, alot of people sat at home. I too, bank vacation for times like this, but not too many others do.

Whatever

Why did you choose a profession that requires driving? If you cant drive when it is snowing out. Are you like a few guys at our center that call off if snow is in the forecast.:duh: I don't understand why people like you even apply for a job like this. McDonalds is hiring everyday and you might even be able to find a ride to work, just in case the weatherman mentions snow.:nutkick:

Why did you choose a profession that requires driving? If you cant drive when it is snowing out. Are you like a few guys at our center that call off if snow is in the forecast.:duh: I don't understand why people like you even apply for a job like this. McDonalds is hiring everyday and you might even be able to find a ride to work, just in case the weatherman mentions snow.:nutkick:

After 28 years of driving in snow storms, I just don't have the balls like I once had, If its going to even think about snowing, I am on the couch!! And proud of it.:smilie_132:

After 28 years of driving in snow storms, I just don't have the balls like I once had, If its going to even think about snowing, I am on the couch!! And proud of it.:smilie_132:

No disrespect
What is the difference between a snow storm or a rain storm or a tornado warning. I don't understand, I have been driving for 30 years(not at one job). I have never had a problem running in any weather, it's part of the job. You just have to adjust your driving to whatever weather conditions you're driving in.

Just my 2 cents,have a great day

No disrespect
What is the difference between a snow storm or a rain storm or a tornado warning. I don't understand, I have been driving for 30 years(not at one job). I have never had a problem running in any weather, it's part of the job. You just have to adjust your driving to whatever weather conditions you're driving in.

Come up here on Interstate 84 through CT, NY if you can get over the hills and around the sharp corners. We don't have any straight highways up here. I also have been driving for 30 years, 28 years with the same company as a road driver. If you do not understand my stress, I am sorry.:smilie_132:

No disrespect

I should have defined my answer to you a bit better. The difference is, A set of empty pups in the middle of a snow storm at night time. There is no adjusting your driving to the conditions with a set of pups in a snow storm. We just don't belong out there. Now, if they plowed and salted the roads at night time, at least we would have a chance.

I think its going to snow tonight,and that couch is looking quite comfortable!:popcorn:I'll let the extra board go out and play in the snow.:nutkick:

I feel ya, drivah. If it does, there will be several who will call in to say "I would like to take tonight off to let some of the bottom work."