FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

If it makes anyone feel just a little better. I have taken off alot of time all my vacation plus alot of no work available days just so a few people can get some hours , ask anyone at gsp they will concur. Why heck i still drive an l unit so no one has to drive one (plus i like it)fatboy,and i'm not at bottom of list

You are a good man Johnny....he is absolutely correct. I can attest. Thinks about other people before himself, maybe you greedy bastards can take lessons from him.:clap:

I have said something about this to management.There are road drivers that run "high" paying runs then they turn around and run on the weekend.Talk about greed!!!!!As for the city are senior city drivers all the way down to last 9:30 driver have to take an hour lunch.I am all for seniority but if you are running 5 days a week it wouldn't hurt to give one here or there.You can get mad all you want,I'll say it again just like the pilots road drivers are pay to much as it is.If you disagree i would love to hear you explain.On a side note i ran line haul for another truck line.Fedex is the first time i ever ran city.As far as work load,being in line haul is gravy on top of gravy.so the only people that took pay cuts (not including xtra board road) is management and p&d drivers.

trucking 62 good post! The only thing that I differ with you is that WE ARE NOT ALL FEELING IT! Some prima donna's around here thinks that their crap doesn't stink! These select few think that they are above feeling any affects of the economy because they have senority. Those select few should share the PAIN !

Do you think that these senior drivers started at the top. They payed their dues, they also have seen recessions of the past. They were once in your position and some day you will be in their position and you will feel the same way about seniority. Yes, you will.

I Knew you guys were out there, just didn't know you'd come out of the woodwork. YOU MAKE ME SICK, if you weren't living beyond your means, maybe you could find some freakin compassion for someone else and burn a vacation day instead of screwing the guy who has none left. IDIOT.:flame:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!Yup, Its to bad seniority has to count for something. When it come's time for a layoff, I'm sure you will jump ahead of a bottom guy to take that layoff. Get real!

The only way that the top line haul drivers will be effected would be if they were to make all of the high mileage runs 4 day bids, much like has been done in the city. Changing to a 4 day bid would keep a lot of guys working and be good for the company.

This has been forced into the city bids for quite some time. Every city driver from top to bottom has taken a hit. For any Big time road driver to think they don't have to because of seniority, that's just self centered, and foolish to think it will continue forever.

Remember too that the pay differential for road (line haul) was based on running at night and back when most every run was a laydown. It's hard to justify the difference between a #1 city and a #1 road on a daytime turn running 630/day.

As for earning your spot and screw everyone else... Well that's only part of the equation. A lot is just the luck of the draw. There are guys with 25 years line-haul that still don't have the kind of run that some 5-10 year guys have.

I'm all for making the most you can, but when every job class takes a hit, don't be surprised when the purple spotlight shines on you too.

Some people just need to work ....many different reasons .... I'd bet he was doing this all along when the other drivers would not even think of working extra ......:flame::flame:

Exactly, Some will assume that people are living above there means, BUT, what about the spouse out on layoff, The single parent, The tragedy in a home, Parents of Ill children, Parents with college students, Ect. Ect.

You sir are a MORON!! I have over six years with this company. I ASSURE you I have paid my dues too. Under normal slowdown circumstances, I would agree. But the are anything BUT normal slowdown circumstances. Don't be a greedy ***, you haven't earned a damn thing but to choose you week of vacation over me.:flame:
I havent earned anything?How do you figure that?I chose to be a road driver and dealt with sitting home before and burning days of vacation when i started.
I dont understand how i am greedy for coming in and doing my job?I have bills to pay just like everyone else that works for living.Just because you cant make ends meet, does not make it my problem.:duh:
If they decide to cut us down to 4 days so be it.I can find something to make up the difference,maybe you should look to do something on the side. I would not be on the puter bashing fellow coworkers because of what FEDEX did to me.There is work out there if you look hard enough.

I have said something about this to management.There are road drivers that run "high" paying runs then they turn around and run on the weekend.Talk about greed!!!!!As for the city are senior city drivers all the way down to last 9:30 driver have to take an hour lunch.I am all for seniority but if you are running 5 days a week it wouldn't hurt to give one here or there.You can get mad all you want,I'll say it again just like the pilots road drivers are pay to much as it is.If you disagree i would love to hear you explain.On a side note i ran line haul for another truck line.Fedex is the first time i ever ran city.As far as work load,being in line haul is gravy on top of gravy.so the only people that took pay cuts (not including xtra board road) is management and p&d drivers.

If its gravy, you should have chose to be a road driver then.

You sir are a MORON!! I have over six years with this company. I ASSURE you I have paid my dues too. Under normal slowdown circumstances, I would agree. But the are anything BUT normal slowdown circumstances. Don't be a greedy ***, you haven't earned a damn thing but to choose you week of vacation over me.:flame:
Calling me names is really great! Keep it up. You don't know me. I do slide and have plenty of times. Think about what you type before you press submit.

Jeff - You really opened up one can of worms here. I can feel the hatred coming through my computer monitor.

And for the record, I am a road driver trucker62. If you actually read my original post trucker62, you'd know that I support the seniority system. Moreover, I live well below my means, even when times are good. So don't assume you have all the answers. I'm not asking anyone to give up their hard earned bid run. All I've been doing is letting other drivers on this forum know how the economy is affecting ALL OF US, not just some of us, and what I am doing about it.

The only way that the top line haul drivers will be effected would be if they were to make all of the high mileage runs 4 day bids, much like has been done in the city. Changing to a 4 day bid would keep a lot of guys working and be good for the company.

This has been forced into the city bids for quite some time. Every city driver from top to bottom has taken a hit. For any Big time road driver to think they don't have to because of seniority, that's just self centered, and foolish to think it will continue forever.

Remember too that the pay differential for road (line haul) was based on running at night and back when most every run was a laydown. It's hard to justify the difference between a #1 city and a #1 road on a daytime turn running 630/day.

As for earning your spot and screw everyone else... Well that's only part of the equation. A lot is just the luck of the draw. There are guys with 25 years line-haul that still don't have the kind of run that some 5-10 year guys have.

I'm all for making the most you can, but when every job class takes a hit, don't be surprised when the purple spotlight shines on you too.
road drivers r straight time city r time in a half after 8,road drivers work 6 days a week not 5 like yourself and gets to hit happy hour ask my family about our happy hour with just being home on sunday that is why we have a pay differential u i am sure had a chance to come to the road why didnt u if we have such a gravy train u can talk to my kids anytime why daddy is never home.and just like others choosing to stay in the city dont get me wrong i chose to go to the road and pay certain consequencxes for better pay.

I'm a city driver and t is slow today.....
We put up a sheet and ask for city drivers to take off
then we call them in the morning and let them know if
the can stay home. This gives our lower guys and flex
drivers a chance to get the hours they need and let
the flex drivers come in earlier . This is a great system
and we all get the time off and hours we want.

I'm a city driver and t is slow today.....
We put up a sheet and ask for city drivers to take off
then we call them in the morning and let them know if
the can stay home. This gives our lower guys and flex
drivers a chance to get the hours they need and let
the flex drivers come in earlier . This is a great system
and we all get the time off and hours we want.
Very good Smoke. It's a choice not a mandate. I agree 110% with posting options for guys that want to work.

You arent being honest either. This company has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 5-6 years. Tell me driver, what dues did you pay exactly?
your correct it has grown quite largely that is why it is very hard for me to read all the back stabbing b.s that is going on here we all come in to do a job.how ignorant so many people r look around u and see how bad not only this country but the world economy is rite now.people need to stop the back stabbing and be happy they r not getting laid off.my run last yr got canceled and had to go to the extrA board i did not run alot during jan,feb,and march. i made the finacial ajustments prior to it because i saw it coming in nov we all do what we have to do for ourselves that is the problem today its easier to either point fingers or look for handouts rather than take responsibilities for ourselves and just do what u have to do.

Somebody always wants off and it to seems all equal out
by us . We got a great bunch of drivers , we try to all work
tougher including management who I may add are good guys
too. We got a good barn .

Somebody always wants off and it to seems all equal out
by us . We got a great bunch of drivers , we try to all work
tougher including management who I may add are good guys
too. We got a good barn .
good post smoke that is what they r doing in our plce to u have some guys that dont like the 4/10 because there goes there overtime my father taught me a very longtime ago no matter what job dont bank your bills to be paid on overtime some think its a guarantee.

trucking62, why would you join a group called organize fedex if you are so pro-capitalistic? And why would you come to work for a non-union company like FedEx if you are so pro-union? Just curious.