FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

trucking62, why would you join a group called organize fedex if you are so pro-capitalistic?
wow i think i hit a nerve.i am a believer in capitalizm ur correct,but i am also for the working man.companies like wal mart n fedex that kill moral n treat people like s#$T. i do not believe in propaganda b.s anything else u would like to know.

wow i think i hit a nerve.i am a believer in capitalizm ur correct,but i am also for the working man.companies like wal mart n fedex that kill moral n treat people like s#$T. i do not believe in propaganda b.s anything else u would like to know.

offtopic.gif

If its gravy, you should have chose to be a road driver then.
I would but fed doesn't have a open board.(stand in line) like i said i did it before i came to fedex.I have my fair share of bills.On top of my wife works part time and they get paid.I could easily give up a road run a week.I make it on 40 hrs a week.Shouldn't be living above your means.(Never know when someone might need a little help in life)So excuses a side this would be a great time if any to help out your fellow drivers/dock guys.We have many drivers that volunteer to work 4 eights to help others wouldn't fly have to go by bid

I would but fed doesn't have a open board.(stand in line) like i said i did it before i came to fedex.I have my fair share of bills.On top of my wife works part time and they get paid.I could easily give up a road run a week.I make it on 40 hrs a week.Shouldn't be living above your means.(Never know when someone might need a little help in life)So excuses a side this would be a great time if any to help out your fellow drivers/dock guys.We have many drivers that volunteer to work 4 eights to help others wouldn't fly have to go by bid

I slide off from time to time to pass work down,but we have a small amount of road drivers at my center.extra board driver is the only one sitting home most of the time.Also nobdy goes out of the way for him anyway, since he has tried to get alot of people fired by ratting on them.I for one am in no way living beyond my means,every penny counts.

Whats even better I worked 10 hours on the dock this week,due to no line work, and signed up for weekend work and was told I probably wouldn't work because some of the senior guys who haven't missed a day signed up to work
There comes a point, doesn't there ?

I don't know how it works in the city anymore but I know the top 50-70% of the road drivers, never feel the pain of the slow down.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a blessed man and can afford the slowdown for the most part but I don't think it is right that these get 100% checks every week when others work 2-3 days a week.

Am I wrong for thinking this way and should they make it Mandatory that all employees feel the same pain.

Red shirts had to take a cut
I assume City drivers have reduced hours which is a cut.
Bottom 30% (or so) get canceled and feel the pain.
Top 50-70% of the Road never feel the pain.

:popcorn:

I guess that I missed something about life being FAIR. I've had the bad runs cancelled runs and sitting next to the phone. In the past I have sat home for almost 3 weeks.
I take my DTO and let the low man work once an a while. But as for everyone feeling the pain just wait on 1-20-09 it will be alright. Jeff to answer your question Yes.

I don't know how it works in the city anymore but I know the top 50-70% of the road drivers, never feel the pain of the slow down.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a blessed man and can afford the slowdown for the most part but I don't think it is right that these get 100% checks every week when others work 2-3 days a week.

Am I wrong for thinking this way and should they make it Mandatory that all employees feel the same pain.

Red shirts had to take a cut
I assume City drivers have reduced hours which is a cut.
Bottom 30% (or so) get canceled and feel the pain.
Top 50-70% of the Road never feel the pain.

:popcorn:

Your right , that's why we have guys sitting at home and guys won't take a night off to let other's run . Im glad im not strapped to do that . I say share the work until it " The Work" comes back . What a good way to get a rest and still make the budget work .

road drivers r straight time city r time in a half after 8,road drivers work 6 days a week not 5 like yourself and gets to hit happy hour ask my family about our happy hour with just being home on sunday that is why we have a pay differential u i am sure had a chance to come to the road why didnt u if we have such a gravy train u can talk to my kids anytime why daddy is never home.and just like others choosing to stay in the city dont get me wrong i chose to go to the road and pay certain consequencxes for better pay.

1) Mileage $ is pretty close to the same as overtime $

2) I've never heard of Line being req. to run 6 days. None in our region...

3) As for being home in time for happy hour, city hours suck just the same.

Yes I did get sick of the road because of the night work. decided to go to city and take the pay cut. I could've stayed and been on a day run today. But that doesn't change the facts... that as mentioned the top XX % of line haul don't feel the cuts yet. Every city driver has been cut from the top seniority to the low man.

This is just an educated guess, but I would bet that at least 10% of the road drivers that drive all week and volunteer for weekends are the ones who are living paycheck to paycheck. They probably have to work every day they can and can't afford to give up a Friday...

This is just an educated guess, but I would bet that at least 10% of the road drivers that drive all week and volunteer for weekends are the ones who are living paycheck to paycheck. They probably have to work every day they can and can't afford to give up a Friday...

because they have to have the new truck or the wife has to have the 400k house... None of my business but thats not for me.

Eh... I only worked 2 days (could have worked 4)

Who cares, maybe 8 full days of work a month will cover my bills and I like it like that.

because they have to have the new truck or the wife has to have the 400k house... None of my business but thats not for me.

Eh... I only worked 2 days (could have worked 4)

Who cares, maybe 8 full days of work a month will cover my bills and I like it like that.

Jeff,
Move out to the west in California and see if you could afford a Home working 8 Days,

Well, I almost got my 3 days in this week. I was called in to run to POS tonight. About 30 minutes later they called me back and said my run was cancelled. Looks like I'll be filing for partial unemployment this weekend. Money is money, I'd rather earn it, but I'll take it wherever I can get it to get by. It was 4 degrees last night on the patio in HGR. Man, I haven't been that cold since I was probably 5 years old. They say tonight is even worse.

I wonder if FedEx will start a second round of voluntary layoffs if this keeps up?

I havent earned anything?How do you figure that?I chose to be a road driver and dealt with sitting home before and burning days of vacation when i started.
I dont understand how i am greedy for coming in and doing my job?I have bills to pay just like everyone else that works for living.Just because you cant make ends meet, does not make it my problem.:duh:
If they decide to cut us down to 4 days so be it.I can find something to make up the difference,maybe you should look to do something on the side. I would not be on the puter bashing fellow coworkers because of what FEDEX did to me.There is work out there if you look hard enough.

FedEx did nothing to me Goober! But you act like you crap doesn't stink or you are entitled to a damn thing. If you think for one second that the almighty FedEx cares about you OR you bills, I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell. As for my ends meeting, I am not one of those that NEED overtime OR extra runs to make ENDS meet. But I too was once at the bottom, and remember the guys who looked out after me when times were slow. I burn my vacation days as I earn them looking out for the guys below me. I had a driver tell me he owned nothing to nobody and if he was scheduled to work, he WASN't staying at home. What a shame, what a shame.

road drivers r straight time city r time in a half after 8,road drivers work 6 days a week not 5 like yourself and gets to hit happy hour ask my family about our happy hour with just being home on sunday that is why we have a pay differential u i am sure had a chance to come to the road why didnt u if we have such a gravy train u can talk to my kids anytime why daddy is never home.and just like others choosing to stay in the city dont get me wrong i chose to go to the road and pay certain consequencxes for better pay.

6 days a week....WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? Monday evening to Saturday morning???????