FedEx Freight | Hot Button Topic -Top Road Drivers Feel No Economic Pain

I kinda see what you guys are saying about this. I too started out on the bottom and went through the weeks when I did not work at all. Not at all! People would see me once every few weeks and say hey where you been? Gee I've been sitting at home with my finger stuck up in my a** wondering how I will pay my mortgage this month. Well this individual told me pdq when one comes to the road, you have to pay your dues. I did not like that comment but I bit my lip. Now its slow and I'm lucky to work 2 to 3 nights but there are some that think I should take off for them so they can get one in. What can you say? I honestly feel bad for them but why did you buy that boat, that 30,ooo dollar pickup, your kitchen remodeled? Yes its their business what they do with their money but when you're on the bottom of the board, one cant go out and live like they just hit the lottery. Hope I dont ruffle anyone's feathers with this, it is not my intention. I have paid my dues, I just want to work til I retire with as little pain as possible and stay under the radar. Good day Gentlemen.

your correct it has grown quite largely that is why it is very hard for me to read all the back stabbing b.s that is going on here we all come in to do a job.how ignorant so many people r look around u and see how bad not only this country but the world economy is rite now.people need to stop the back stabbing and be happy they r not getting laid off.my run last yr got canceled and had to go to the extrA board i did not run alot during jan,feb,and march. i made the finacial ajustments prior to it because i saw it coming in nov we all do what we have to do for ourselves that is the problem today its easier to either point fingers or look for handouts rather than take responsibilities for ourselves and just do what u have to do.

I am, believe me I am

I guess that I missed something about life being FAIR. I've had the bad runs cancelled runs and sitting next to the phone. In the past I have sat home for almost 3 weeks.
I take my DTO and let the low man work once an a while. But as for everyone feeling the pain just wait on 1-20-09 it will be alright. Jeff to answer your question Yes.

Ah....I smell sarcastic optimism:biglaugh:

It's funny how people assume that those of us who are only working a day or two a week have these extravagant lifestyles and don't know how to manage our money. And now that the economy is slow it is our fault that we don't have enough money. It has nothing to do with poor planning. It has to do with the fact that our incomes have been cut by 60% to 100% a week. No amount of planning can sustain that reduction in pay for an extended period of time. Drivers are having a tough time meeting the basic expenses of life, they are NOT worried about their payments on their yachts, vacation homes, etc. as some of you believe or seem to know all the details of everyone's situation.

Yes, setting aside 6 months to a year of salary is ideal. But the facts are that most people do not have that much saved up. If you do, you are in the minority and likely have never experienced such financial pain. The best thing that could happen to you is to lose your job and have your wife lose her job, go through all of your retirement money and unemployment. Then you would finally have some perspective and some actual experience to make the comments you do. It is obvious that many of you who are so bold in your comments have never had to really experience financial hardship through no fault of your own. If you did have the experience, your comments would not show the obvious broad lack of understanding you have on this issue. Some of you set yourselves up on this high horse and flash your experience (or lack threreof) as some kind of badge of honor, while putting down those that are in this situation as though they are wearing a badge of shame. I have to wonder why someone has to work 6 days a week? They either have no life or need the money because they are living beyond their means.

I have no $400,000 house, no boat, no $30,000 new vehicle. Yes, there are those people out there. But I am not one of them. And if I were it is no one else's business how I spend the money I earn from my job.

I have no $400,000 house, no boat, no $30,000 new vehicle. Yes, there are those people out there. But I am not one of them. And if I were it is no one else's business how I spend the money I earn from my job

That is absolutely correct, nobodys business but yours.... it's not what you are spending, because thats money you have earned, the borrowing is what is killing people.

If you got the cash you deserve to buy anything you want, if you have to borrow to get something because you feel you DESERVE it because you work hard you are wrong. Other than a modest house, you don't DESERVE anything you can't buy cash.

Oh and btw... My wife does not work outside of the home

I'll say it again:

It is obvious that many of you who are so bold in your comments have never had to really experience financial hardship through no fault of your own. If you did have the experience, your comments would not show the obvious broad lack of understanding you have on this issue. Some of you set yourselves up on this high horse and flash your experience (or lack thereof) as some kind of badge of honor, while putting down those that are in this situation as though they are wearing a badge of shame. I have to wonder why someone has to work 6 days a week? They either have no life or need the money because they are living beyond their means.

Jeff

I think this was a good post that you started ....

I have to wonder ... on your headers you always talk about the liberals and stuff .......

But on your post you what to share the wealth ..... is that not the liberal way ... did I miss read

I am so confused ..... I guess I need lucy to splain it to me

:duh: :popcorn:

Jeff

I think this was a good post that you started ....

I have to wonder ... on your headers you always talk about the liberals and stuff .......

But on your post you what to share the wealth ..... is that not the liberal way ... did I miss read

I am so confused ..... I guess I need lucy to splain it to me

:duh: :popcorn:

Well thats actually a good point and I see where you are going with it but ya see its about having all to suffer equally, and not giving to those for the mere fact they happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Redistribution is not fair when you take from those who have worked hard to get rich and give it to those who have done nothing to deserve it. Totally different but nice try :loser:

Me niether

You couldn't pay me to live in California
My brother lives out there, has a house half the size of us back home , on a postage stamp lawn, and paid 5 times what our homes priced at. He could only afford an iterest only loan on the mortgage. Now with the housing slump he would lose his a$$ if he wanted to refinance. It depreciated 80k it 2 years, and he bought it new. I'll take the simple life. I've been to california, it's not that great.

My brother lives out there, has a house half the size of us back home , on a postage stamp lawn, and paid 5 times what our homes priced at. He could only afford an iterest only loan on the mortgage. Now with the housing slump he would lose his a$$ if he wanted to refinance. It depreciated 80k it 2 years, and he bought it new. I'll take the simple life. I've been to california, it's not that great.

He lost his *** the day he signed an interest only mortgage....How can people be so dumb?

I'll say it again:
... most of us old timers have walked through the valley .... and can talk from experince ... and have felt the pain

I grew up on brown beans fried taters and cornbread ... and food grown from the garden .... and a outhouse ... you learn to get by ...and make your own way .... A senior driver does not owe me ..... and fedex pays me every friday

AF and now FEDEX has made me a wealthy man from where I came from .... maybe not to some ... but we as a family are happy at where we are .

and no I did not walk to school ...it was 15 miles and it was not up hill both ways or snowing nor did I go barefoot

I'm not makeing light of where some people are right now ... but they will make it ... some are over extended and will need to get rid of some things ...... Others ... well ... there are some that are truely in need. .... but I doubt any one that has been working here very long will fit that.

(someone with a sick person in the family is not encluded in the last statement!)