Yellow | Hot Rumor just off the press at 671

Toxic

TB Veteran
Credits
Here is what I was told today. 100 Roadrivers leaving R-69 (kernersville) going to Charlotte NC in the old CF terminal. Roadway moving out of there present facility in Charlotte. All because of the trouble over the Atlanta turn from Kernersville. Whick is not a turn anymore. The dispatch on them now is to Atlanta for instructions. And dock workers would go also. Anyone heard this?

I haven't heard anything about charlotte.but was toll greenvilles dock is still empty.management wouldn'd say more.and they are relaying 411 to 135 throught there now .tues night there were 15 relays there.

A friend went by old CF term, its being torn down as I write this ...Putting up WAL-Mart is what we are told..

hummmm must be a rumor for sure... Your statement about the old CF term being torn down is in Charlotte?

I have heard this again and was told that this will happen in (Feb). But the number of drivers has been told different. From 100 to most of all of them. This would also affect the Dock Workers and Switchers also. If true this would be job loss at 671... :(

The May responce I posted just might become more than a rumor, The old ABF terminal on 85 is having some work done to it. The rumor was that Holland is going to take over that terminal, Roadway Charlotte
is going to move into Hollands terminal, right next to the old CF terminal. We heard here in Charlotte that Wal-Mart has bought the old CF term. We would be in the sunset rd. terminal Jan 12 and we are getting first 109 linehaul drivers, now 125 in Feb. No one in Management will confirm this, all they say is Charlotte is going to be a big part of the change.

Toxic said:
I have heard this again and was told that this will happen in (Feb). But the number of drivers has been told different. From 100 to most of all of them. This would also affect the Dock Workers and Switchers also. If true this would be job loss at 671... :(
So how far from Winston (671) to Charlotte?

Friend went by old CF term last night ,Its been torn down.So if roadway moves it won`t be there.I think metaldude is correct

I work for Holland out of Norcross,Ga. and my question is why would they take our terminal in Charlotte and give it to Roadway just to have us move over to ABF's old terminal just down the road about 10 miles?

Would it not be easier to just move Roadway into ABF's old terminal. They are about the same size 150 plus or minus doors. And I have not heard that we are moving in Charlotte and I pass thru there every now and then.

Like I said it was a rumor. Where they would move could change. But it is a strong rumor about moving road drivers there from 671. So they can turn Atlanta from there.

JimJoe (jj) said:
I work for Holland out of Norcross,Ga. and my question is why would they take our terminal in Charlotte and give it to Roadway just to have us move over to ABF's old terminal just down the road about 10 miles?

Would it not be easier to just move Roadway into ABF's old terminal. They are about the same size 150 plus or minus doors. And I have not heard that we are moving in Charlotte and I pass thru there every now and then.

Same question I had when the moving rumors first started about a year and a half ago. First I thought why would ABF who is growing
move to a 79 door terminal, Then why wouldn't Roadway just move into that one.
I know a few of the guys from Holland and they haven't heard anything. Like I said before this is only rumor, Yesterday was the first time I heard of a date. Guess we will know soon. Don't the company have to notify
the local's well in advance of a major change?

metalmikex said:
Same question I had when the moving rumors first started about a year and a half ago. First I thought why would ABF who is growing
move to a 79 door terminal, Then why wouldn't Roadway just move into that one.
I know a few of the guys from Holland and they haven't heard anything. Like I said before this is only rumor, Yesterday was the first time I heard of a date. Guess we will know soon. Don't the company have to notify
the local's well in advance of a major change?
They only have to give 30 days. They usually give more.