FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

Yea, maybe last year, now it's drive 2 hours, work the dock 4 hours then drive 2 hours while a city driver spends most of his/her day waiting for the customer to load or unload. Road use to mean road. It's rare when a city driver even needs a hand truck these days. Guess things are differant at National.
Cody,
Do you work at national?

well im second from the botoom and when they go to one seniority biard i will STILL be second from the bottom so i dont care either way but it seems like a fair deal to me

cody :clap:

I don't know how you can say such a thing.
You must not have a satellite radio in your truck.
Besides the money, one driver is doing a lot of work
while the other driver is sightseeing down the road.
Difference is like between night and day, if you ask me.

:shift:
I don't want to risk that I'm attacking anyone here but you have must not have a clue to what you are talking about, with all due respect! You try sightseeing on any major interstate on the day before a holiday and you may not live to see that holiday yourself. If someone crosses the center line in town what damages occure to the truck let alone the driver. Just this summer on a clear blue day no rain nor snow nor ice a big rig crossed the medium on I-80 and hit another big rig head on there was nothing left NOTHING of either cabs the rescue workers were just standing there when I went by just shaking their heads. I wonder which one of the drivers just thought what a beautiful day for sight seeing again with all due respect you don't have clue about the difference between night and day. I'm not attacking you just your thoughts. And while we are on the subject still about one board how about a compromise, where ever you are now on your perpective board you stay with that senority. Other words if you hired in the city in 92 and then came to the road say 99 you keep that date on the board.

Sadly enough some are, not because they want to but because the way it is now they are out and a new hire gets to stay, sad sad sad.....::shit::

FM

So FM my friend, you have always been against the one board system and I have always been for it...

Everybody thinks wanting the one board system will be for only a few when in reality it will help the people that have the most time invested in this company keep their job.

Do you think it's time?

So FM my friend, you have always been against the one board system and I have always been for it...

Everybody thinks wanting the one board system will be for only a few when in reality it will help the people that have the most time invested in this company keep their job.

Do you think it's time?

I think it is time Jeff !!!! Time invested in any company should mean something,,,,, here it means nothing,,,, or maybe you are the next to go ..... fedex obviously doesn't want people making a life here,,,

I know you didn't ask me ...but the answer is still no.!

I don't think many more cuts will be made ..... and to change to one board..AFTER .. thses men are gone is ...just wrong .... besides everywhere that I have worked...and thats been a couple places .. it was company time by job class ..even the union time that I have had.

I know you didn't ask me ...but the answer is still no.!

I don't think many more cuts will be made

I think you are wrong, I think their will be more cuts..... we are in the busy season and it all goes downhill for the year now

gloom and doom.if thats the way you wants it thats the way you gets it
me ... I'm going to go on and enjoy life .. :tongue ..you guys worry about the small things ... :1036316054:

gloom and doom.if thats the way you wants it thats the way you gets it
me ... I'm going to go on and enjoy life .. :tongue ..you guys worry about the small things ... :1036316054:

That's not gloom and doom that's a fact jack, our peak season is over in trucking for the year and it's probably going to be a long cold winter for many many people at multiple trucking companies (not only us)

As far as I am concerned, I am debt free so if I get hungry, there are going to be many more hungrier than I am (not that I am wishing that on anyone of course)

Conway used to use Viking Freight and for a few years Fedex Freight West as examples to admire. Now that we are the laughing stock of the industry, and we are turning into Conway wannabe's, even though I have been assured by a VP recently that this two board system is not going to happen, all you have to do is look at Conway. They run a single board system. We have one more change coming up next year, so nothing would surprise me. Remember get engaged or get out. TP

Do you think it's time?

It's not that I was against one board, only that it wouldn't be fair to those that had already gone through the process to change it, however what they are doing now isn't fair or right either, it should have been enacted from day one, simple system and fair.

I am fortunate, I get to stay at my home center though at the bottom of the city/dock, those that follow me will not be as fortunate nor are those at other centers that had no dock to bump into.

It would still suck for those at the top of the road, but I feel that is the lesser of the two evils.

FM

cody :clap:

I don't know how you can say such a thing.
You must not have a satellite radio in your truck.
Besides the money, one driver is doing a lot of work
while the other driver is sightseeing down the road.
Difference is like between night and day, if you ask me.

:shift:

You have obviously never driven in the mountains. I don't see chaining up 9 months a year as sight seeing. Newsflash........Not all roads are straight and flat.
Think before painting with those super broad brushstrokes.

wow i have a 63 mile run and work two to three nights a week and have a person with two years less company seniority working every night on a 75 mile run and im NOT doing ok!! if they went to one board i would at least be above him but i could go to number 7 in the city and have my life and most of my pay back and we cant work 5-7 hours on the dock because the hub closes early everyday. so every situation is different. but i think company seniority one board and if someone with 20 years wants to go to the city and then the road every year WHO CARES

Yes on one board .would help every body makes it much easier for all cause this is not over we cant always grow.so every body would no where they stand at all times insted of this mess we have now.people leaving with alot of years and others staying with no years