FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

Ok it's time to bring this topic back to the TOP!

Lots of changes at the top at FXF... IS IT TIME?

Old poll was about a tossup 50/50 lets vote again

[quote author=sloride49 link=topic=51317.msg829728#msg829728 date=1273845556]
go by company time
[/quote]

VOTE!

Dang Jeff. You didn't just open a can of worms here, you stomped all over them. Talk about stirring the pot with a good question. This one is interesting reading for sure! :duel:

Gezzzzzz um

not some more of this ... again

and I'm not voting anymore ...

this thread needs to go back where it came from ... the :shit:can

I know it's and OLD, TIRED topic, but since I've never put my two-cents in on this one...here it goes...

A one board seniority system based on company seniority would be the most fair and equitable way to operate, that is, had it always been done that way. It probably still would be even if it were changed, except maybe for all the people that paid their dues on the road board back when it wasn't very attractive to do so. These guy ran the "system" on extra-boards and did laydowns, and waited for untold hours in teminals and motels for loads. These guys did what many city drivers would not do, because they wouldn't want to go through all of that. Hey, now that the system is much more "driver (family) friendly" let's get them to change it to where we can go charging up the seniority board and take these really cool, high paying daytime meet-and-turns from the guys that were below us on the city board once upon a time. Yeah yeah, we know they sacrificed and all that stuff back then...but, man we REALLY want the goodies now, and you know, had we known it would have turned out like this, we would have gone to the road years ago. Well, anyway, too bad for them, we want the company to rearrange everything so we can correct our previous poor judgment and "have what should be rightfully ours anyway". From someone who went through much of that "early days" stuff and has it good now, I say NO THANK YOU, VERY MUCH!!!! This is one point-of-view anyway.

To the guys that want this because they are miserable on "dead-end" shuttle bids with no way out, and don't want to transfer back to the city thereby giving up seniority, I would propose the following solution to your dilemma. Start pushing for all shuttle bids to be turned back over to the city board. Yes, I said "back over" because once-upon-a-time that was where they were. You could be allowed to dovetail back into the city. Truthfully, shuttle jobs more closely resemble city work than road work anyway. Hopefully this would resolve the greater source of most people's misery, while preserving what so many fought so hard to attain. Just an idea.

[quote author=Familyman link=topic=51317.msg710851#msg710851 date=1252851609]
Cody, I've done the math before, the difference would only be a few hundred a week if hourly was allowed to get 50-60 hrs a week like back when, this is no longer the case.

Personally, I no longer want more than 40 on either side of the fence, that is one thing putting me back to the dock has done for me, I'm done chasing the dollar, time to relax....

FM
[/quote] This is the way I feel to the letter.......the 60 to 65 hr a week crap is behind me now....having weekends off is something(full weekends off) I can get used to.

I they was to change it should go by center senority. If you followed freight in the past then you should keep your time. If you transfered just to transfer then you should start at the bottom again. Otherwise i agree with slackdragon on this one. We have already got enough hate and discontent at this company. Don't need no more at this time!!!

I started at the bottom of the city board 20 years ago. When my kids got out of school and i didnt need the evenings and the weekends I switch to road...When i got older and didnt wont to push that freight around anymore i switched..

You know dam well thats why you guys want one board..So you can switch with no sacrufise...Its BS..

The city boys dont want to work nights and weekends..so lets make it one board so i can work days monday thru friday and bump the guys that put in there time and maybe my spouce wont devorce me because im not there sleeping with them everynight..

Jeff why would start this BS...any one who votes 1 board are all weak and lame. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...GETS SOME BACK BONE AND STOP TRYING TO SCREW THE GUYS WHO SUCKED IT UP AND DID THE RIGHT WAY.

Jack

man theres alot of hostility in that post right there, I can see you banging your knuckles on the keyboard.... especially when you started capitalizing the words... calm down driver, calm down

How many times we going to ask this question? The only ones who want a change are city drivers that didn't want to be road drivers when we where gone all week, and worked nights. Now that it's changed you think you should be able to take a job away from someone who worked these crappy hours. It will never happen!

[quote author=fedupdal link=topic=51317.msg830423#msg830423 date=1274054208]
How many times we going to ask this question? The only ones who want a change are city drivers that didn't want to be road drivers when we where gone all week, and worked nights. Now that it's changed you think you should be able to take a job away from someone who worked these crappy hours. It will never happen!
[/quote]

calm down, we are just discussing, this is a discussion forum

wrong, wrong, wrong, it should be one board, i have been on both sides of the fence, had my divorce, sleepless days, the city sux, but its a day job, i could maybe sleep at night, i am going to probably die young from lack of sleep, tried lots of things and no i dont have sleep apneia or whatever, i am just getting tired of working nights, i dont want to transfer and go back to the bottom, i have already did that twice and it sux really bad, my 15 years here dont mean jack, but it is what it is, dont think it will ever change, and yes i will suck it up and be a man that will never c retirement

I saw this as a hot topic on the forum, looked at it and......appears to be a whine and cry room :hissy:. When has anyone seen FedEx ask the employees to vote on policy? Someone please remove this and stop the madness. :threadsux:

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=51317.msg830434#msg830434 date=1274055868]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am calm this is just an old question put out there to PO people. It has been out here to many times. It won't effect me one way or the other but it would others that worked their way into a road job. But like I said it will never happen. Why not talk about something that might be changed like the way MGT treats us little people. Have a good night.

[quote author=fedupdal link=topic=51317.msg830759#msg830759 date=1274142475]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am calm this is just an old question put out there to PO people. It has been out here to many times. It won't effect me one way or the other but it would others that worked their way into a road job. But like I said it will never happen. Why not talk about something that might be changed like the way MGT treats us little people. Have a good night.
[/quote]
driver,you are right it will never happen......why do you respond with such hostility to something that will never happen?

[quote author=fedupdal link=topic=51317.msg830759#msg830759 date=1274142475]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

478 Replies 27474 Views kind of a popular topic