FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

:duh:
We were told it could never go to 1 board due to the fact when the company first started they used contractors to get city freight and they don't have an exact start date for those guys. So they said there would be no fair way to do it.

ok her;s one .I wanted to go to road from city they said sorry a we filled that position with a new hire I was told it;s like applying for a new position he beat me to it.1year down the road new scm I got road no problem now I bid in back of fellow who was hired just for the road yet worked the city 2mo before geting there , to much fav and a$$kissing going on one list now is the time or we will have problems latter some state or gov office will eventialy intervine just like ground:duh:

I have said it before and will say it again .
One Straight Line Seniority Board

Well I did my time at the bottom of the board, gone all week, no miles, working 6 nights a week. So why should someone who didn't want to be away from home or work nights and weekends be able to come to the road now that things are good and move ahead of me. You had the chance to go to the road when you hired on and I guess you didn't want it. But it is the FedEx way to change thing mid stream and put the :Violin:screws to their people. But it would not be fair to those who have done their time. Just as it wouldn't be right for me to come off the road and take my place on the city board. If i did that then I should be at the bottom not the top.

1 board yes, with some stipulations. And I think fedex goes off the date that you were certified to drive when you passed the class they sent us to, for our seniority. That is what I was told, Diversity right.....42

1 board yes, with some stipulations. And I think fedex goes off the date that you were certified to drive when you passed the class they sent us to, for our seniority. That is what I was told, Diversity right.....42
why stipulations?? funny why seniority doesn't count unless you have a cdl, did they still not put in the time with the co? isn't that true seniority? i'm so confused...

FM

To be truly fair, it should be by date of hire. Every day spent working for this company should count towards your seniority. Right now it does not. I have two people above me on the road board that came to FedEx 6 months after I started.

1 board bid ounce a year,go by company senority from the day you started with a cdl,i have about 11 drivers ahead of me with less senority,i did that transfer out west when AF opened the west and a month later they sold out to fedex,all the promises when out the window there were alot of drivers that transfered back home and lost all there senority and started at the bottom me included,so yes i feel alot of us got screwed over this so i would be happy to see one senority board.

why stipulations?? funny why seniority doesn't count unless you have a cdl, did they still not put in the time with the co? isn't that true seniority? i'm so confused...

FM

I agree Familyman and you are right...

Glad you are finally seeing the light :clap:

I agree Familyman and you are right...

Glad you are finally seeing the light :clap:
Let's not get crazy now.

I do think if a co was starting today then straight seniority should be the way it is, unfortunately for what ever reason that is not how it has been here, so now years later to change to the way it should have been all along wouldn't be fair to those who have played by the current rules. So there is no easy answer or good way to fox what was done, either continue with the current system or change it and possibly mess over lots of people who have endured at the bottom not once but twice.

FM

1 board bid ounce a year,go by company senority from the day you started with a cdl,i have about 11 drivers ahead of me with less senority,i did that transfer out west when AF opened the west and a month later they sold out to fedex,all the promises when out the window there were alot of drivers that transfered back home and lost all there senority and started at the bottom me included,so yes i feel alot of us got screwed over this so i would be happy to see one senority board.
I agree mabe even two boards but by when you got your cdl and became full time. and you can't bid to the other board unless there is a opening and thn you go to the bottem for a year that would keep people in check they would not jump back and forth, if they can't put the checks and balances in plase make it one board.

I agree mabe even two boards but by when you got your cdl and became full time. and you can't bid to the other board unless there is a opening and thn you go to the bottem for a year that would keep people in check they would not jump back and forth, if they can't put the checks and balances in plase make it one board.
If you want one board then why the restrictions??

When you got your cdl, only if an opening, go to the bottom for xx, WHY??

If you go to straight seniority then there shouldn't be any restrictions, if I'm number one then I should be able to go from city to road to dock when I want, not just when there's an opening.

Seems to me that everyone wants what will benefit them, imagine that, human nature.

FM

Don't forget to throw in the dock drivers, which a bunch of them have obscene senority
you want to be fair , right,
Oh' I'm sorry , fair probably dosen't mean that fair........

I'm sure this is not possible, but I would love to see how the different job classifications voted. ei: linehaul, p$d, dock. I'm line, and I voted 2 boards.

There should be a premium of some sort for such a low mileage run... Just as there should be a premium paid for a night run (mileage & hourly rate) as opposed to day run... IMHO

So-- What you are saying is penalize the person that has been here say 15-20 years and finally lands a daytime run by cuting his pay and upping the pay for the person that hasn't been here but 5-10 years!!!!????? Sounds like you have a bad case of cranial rectosis.:duh: