FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

With the company trying to save money, a 1 board would be the way to go. Think of how many people that are topped out in payscale would be so angry they would quit and everyone moves up the line, then new hires fill the shortage ant the bottom at the beginning hire pay. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus let road drivers go back to wearing descent clothes and no expense for road driver uniforms!!!!!!!

So-- What you are saying is penalize the person that has been here say 15-20 years and finally lands a daytime run by cuting his pay and upping the pay for the person that hasn't been here but 5-10 years!!!!????? Sounds like you have a bad case of cranial rectosis.:duh:

You might need to take a reading comprehension course. NObody said to cut your pay. (but now that YOU mentioned it...Nevermind) I don't give a F/ how long you've been with the company. The guys running 60-150 miles a night to work the dock are getting screwed. You don't think they deserve a "short run premium"? You are wrong!

And how does this penalize you, if they get a premium?? You could easily bid on one of these runs... Based on the pay differential. Why would it bother you?

Think Bro... Think!

Revote

I'm sure this is not possible, but I would love to see how the different job classifications voted. ei: linehaul, p$d, dock. I'm line, and I voted 2 boards.
I'm city, and voted 2 boards. The shuttle drivers earn their money and I begrudge them nothing. A day run will never happen where I'm at, and I'm not transfering to chase one. :popcorn:

You might need to take a reading comprehension course. NObody said to cut your pay. (but now that YOU mentioned it...Nevermind) I don't give a F/ how long you've been with the company. The guys running 60-150 miles a night to work the dock are getting screwed. You don't think they deserve a "short run premium"? You are wrong!

And how does this penalize you, if they get a premium?? You could easily bid on one of these runs... Based on the pay differential. Why would it bother you?

Think Bro... Think!
I run 150 a night and work the dock and do just fine,there is no need for special treatment for having a short run.I never feel like i am being screwed because of my pay.(try making this money somewhere else)
We also have guys running a 42 mile run and they are still doing ok.

With the company trying to save money, a 1 board would be the way to go. Think of how many people that are topped out in payscale would be so angry they would quit and everyone moves up the line, then new hires fill the shortage ant the bottom at the beginning hire pay. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus let road drivers go back to wearing descent clothes and no expense for road driver uniforms!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!

No more crap fitting uniforms , at least get rid of the pants, I don't mind the shirts and sweatshirts at least they fit. Even just getting rid of the pants would save a ton of money...... oh wait a minute, they already stopped buying new uniforms, but we still have to wear them!

FM

fedex employee

Why would it be fair to the guys of the barn you are transferring to if you bumped them down.

If I spent 20 years as a dock hand and then trained to be a driver, would it be fair for me to bump everyone that has been driving for the last 19 years? I don't think so.

Hay Jeff.... is this your faster truck?

you work for fedex not your"barn" when will you people get that.one board bid twice a year as always.vacation and run by co. senority.it would be fair, i have worked for the co. longer than you,,its that simple,or it should be that simple.That is the point of this exercise no ? of fairness if you have been here longer.... than you win!!

No way

I have been on the road for 10+ yrs. I have not been able to watch my kids games and have a normal family life. This was my choice and I live with it.your choice was to work city so live with it. Now people want to go to the road cuz there kids are grown or older to make more money and bump me and other drivers off our runs and seniority, I dont think so!!!! I dont see how thats fair at all. The boards are what they are. You made the choice to work city, If you want to go to line then move over and start where we all started, on the bottom. We have a guy here that was city for 17yrs. He wanted to go to the road, so he did and he's not winning about having to start at the bottom. Man up and start on the bottom like we all did! :duh::duh:

Man up and start on the bottom like we all did! :duh::duh:[/QUOTE] Well Said I saw one one of these post some $%%6 crying because some only take time off to let the poor jr drivers work when it snows or bad weather instead of looking at the bright side that they are working and who knows maybe two if they get laid over but no let's cry about how things are not fair. Let's face it most of you not only want the gravey but you want it strained to make sure there are no lumps. man up

Amen brother! At my barn, city senority was screwed up when they started hiring drivers off the street and putting them in front of dock guys who already had CDL's but were waiting to go to school and get company certified. They were sending the new hires to school and making everybody else wait. That was wrong but management used the logic that it would'nt mean anything because senority would be based on your permit date. Well guess what? FedEx (American Freightways back then) changed the rules midstream and every new hire went ahead of 20 somethin' drivers. Now that several years have passed and the opportunity for road jobs has come along, guess who got to go to the road first? You guessed it, the guys who were hired off the street and were put ahead of 20 somethin' drivers. I know this is not the case everywhere but it just proves the point that "one senority, first hired" works.

ya packfat well said. company all the way..... Thats the way it is now, I win the rest of you below me lose..yeah..Thats the fedex way

I have been on the road for 10+ yrs. I have not been able to watch my kids games and have a normal family life. This was my choice and I live with it.your choice was to work city so live with it. Now people want to go to the road cuz there kids are grown or older to make more money and bump me and other drivers off our runs and seniority, I dont think so!!!! I dont see how thats fair at all. The boards are what they are. You made the choice to work city, If you want to go to line then move over and start where we all started, on the bottom. We have a guy here that was city for 17yrs. He wanted to go to the road, so he did and he's not winning about having to start at the bottom. Man up and start on the bottom like we all did! :duh::duh:
personaly Iwouldn;t mind goingback to the city for a year or so if I could keep my date of hire seniority and not be put on the bottom of the board

The question I want to ask is why do we need to have one company board?. The answer that I see is some of you all would benefit by sliding into another job classification and bumping those drivers. But in other post Ive read were supposed to help those who arent immune. You cant have it both ways !!!!

The question I want to ask is why do we need to have one company board?. The answer that I see is some of you all would benefit by sliding into another job classification and bumping those drivers. But in other post Ive read were supposed to help those who arent immune. You cant have it both ways !!!!

calm down driver, breathe...
Nobody said FEDEX was changing to one board.
in my mind....It should be straight line seniority, and I promise if it is, I will give back the same way to the guys lower than I on seniority the same way I do now.

They should make it to one can Bid city or road by terminal seniority every six months or once a year and for who are willing to transfer from another terminal into another should go to the bottom of the list and start a new terminal seniority date but at times of laying off then CO. seniority should be taken in to afect and as for dockworks they should be what they are dockworks again with terminal seniority but at times of layoffs CO. seniority should be considered .

They should make it to one can Bid city or road by terminal seniority every six months or once a year and for who are willing to transfer from another terminal into another should go to the bottom of the list and start a new terminal seniority date but at times of laying off then CO. seniority should be taken in to afect and as for dockworks they should be what they are dockworks again with terminal seniority but at times of layoffs CO. seniority should be considered .

your thinking too local with your(terminal senority) it's time to think big with co. senority, you dont work for your terminal, you work for a huge corp...FEDEX!

Hell no! When city drivers are getting 50 to 55 hours a week there not crying and when they had the chance to go the road they didn't whant it.Now that times are hard they whant the "GRAVY"i say "Hell no"

Maybe things are different where you are but its the line drivers in the nw( except for portland ) who arent working. the local drivers are getting plenty, plus there running line on the weekends, by passing line drivers who signed up to work
the writings on the wall, say goodby to most of the line drivers