FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

Not true.

Hell no! When city drivers are getting 50 to 55 hours a week there not crying and when they had the chance to go the road they didn't whant it.Now that times are hard they whant the "GRAVY"i say "Hell no"
Linehaul don't pay enough for me. You fellas earn your keep. I'd rather live normally. City is for me......... And by the way, Maybe there are some linehaul guys not working much but less co. senior men working city are getting 40 plus a week making them upset. The grass is always greener on the other side.:popcorn:

Some truth there

Maybe things are different where you are but its the line drivers in the nw( except for portland ) who arent working. the local drivers are getting plenty, plus there running line on the weekends, by passing line drivers who signed up to work
the writings on the wall, say goodby to most of the line drivers
Look at the conway model. Most of there linehaul is pretty much just shuttle. CFI gets the big runs. If Fred buys an OTR outfit linehaul will be dockworkers with CDL's.

nobodysfoe, I think you are right and I think its just around the corner, and alot of centers are there now. Whats best for the company.... what company

When you were hired you knew the rules, I remebered you could have been a road driver just like the rest of us but no one wanted no part of that when we were building this company. Sounds like you are not a engaged emploee.Why cant you people do the job you where hired to do,and if you want to change positions or job classification you do the way this company has told you, set by rules from the day you were hired. When the freight slows down this always comes up people want their way , they just cant look in the mirror and see they chose their position not me.

When you were hired you knew the rules, I remebered you could have been a road driver just like the rest of us but no one wanted no part of that when we were building this company. Sounds like you are not a engaged emploee.Why cant you people do the job you where hired to do,and if you want to change positions or job classification you do the way this company has told you, set by rules from the day you were hired. When the freight slows down this always comes up people want their way , they just cant look in the mirror and see they chose their position not me.

I was hired by AF, this company is called Fedex

If u all are not happy with the 2 board system then find another job that has a 1 board system. Its that simple. If u have been with the company for any time u have had times to go to the road. Dont be blaming us cause u stayed in the city to long.

If u all are not happy with the 2 board system then find another job that has a 1 board system. Its that simple. If u have been with the company for any time u have had times to go to the road. Dont be blaming us cause u stayed in the city to long.

:clap: I knew that would be coming before long :clap:

I was hired by AF, this company is called Fedex
If i remember correctly i was hired by FedEx and even then the rule was the same.....I dont get your point Jeff.....If the company gets bought out they should change ALL the rules?
Dont change what's not broken.

If i remember correctly i was hired by FedEx and even then the rule was the same.....I dont get your point Jeff.....If the company gets bought out they should change ALL the rules?
Dont change what's not broken.

You not thinking it's broke has nothing to do with the rest of us who never thought it worked right in the first place.

Also FXF basically adopted the rules of the companies they bought..... go look at how they handle seniority at the mother company.

I think it should be once a year the first week of the year

AMEN. That is the only way it will work. Yearly bid only. I am so tired of guys basically being punished by the co. for their life situation changing and having to jump boards. Why should a driver that has tons of co. seniority go behind the last new hire if he needs to jump back to the city?????:duh:

UHHHHH......What about road drivers who would like to go back to the city to have some time with the family????? It's not always the covetted road position. And.....I am fully willing to take the pay cut, realizing that my time and youth are of more value to me than $$$$$ now, but why in the name of all that is holy should I have to go back behind a guy that was hired two weeks ago??? And "NO" the answer is not "because you made a choice, now live with it" How about some of that "DIVERSITY" they preach.:duh: