FedEx Freight | Hot Topic- One Board Or Two Boards

We just won and approved a one master seniority list in New England. The first week of January once per year we bid any where we want in the barn. This is great for the employee's that want or need to change classifications. No more going to the bottom of the list if a change is needed.

We just won and approved a one master seniority list in New England. The first week of January once per year we bid any where we want in the barn. This is great for the employee's that want or need to change classifications. No more going to the bottom of the list if a change is needed.

Thats what we want here :clap:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

I might also add that if any employee spends 5 consecutive days with out work he can bid into another classification with his full seniority.

oh get the hell outta here, that just makes me sick

them sons of b&%^%ches you work for are throwing all those guys who worked hard to get on the road before actual senior drivers under the bus.

How DARE they recognize real seniority with no quirks, bells or whistles.

Next thing you are going to tell me is you bid vacation in SENIORITY ORDER

oh get the hell outta here, that just makes me sick

them sons of b&%^%ches you work for are throwing all those guys who worked hard to get on the road before actual senior drivers under the bus.

How DARE they recognize real seniority with no quirks, bells or whistles.

Next thing you are going to tell me is you bid vacation in SENIORITY ORDER

Yes jeff, One list also means the whole barn starts at the top of the list for vacation bidding and I can pick all my vacation time at once. 5 weeks worth.

Yes jeff, One list also means the whole barn starts at the top of the list for vacation bidding and I can pick all my vacation time at once. 5 weeks worth.

That right there is un-American pal and will not be tolerated in front of all these people here who EARNED their "Right Place at the Right Time" Seniority
'They did their time' Pal

That right there is un-American pal and will not be tolerated in front of all these people here who EARNED their "Right Place at the Right Time" Seniority
'They did their time' Pal

I agree, They have earned the right to total respect of seniority.

That would be fine if it were limited to no more than one two consecutive week period per year and the other three had to be used one week at a time in seperate months. EX:
first two weeks of July, one in August, one in November, one in December. It would not be right to allow the same driver to get the same holidays every year for his entire tenure either. Under your system if you had 20 years and I had 19 yrs 364 days you could possibly get Christmas, 4th of July, spring break, Thanksgiving, and Confederate heroes day or(insert favorite holiday here)every year. Maybe an only one major holiday per person per year policy. Or bid one week per person round robin until each person has used up his time. If you have more weeks to use than everybody else then you pick the remaining weeks at the end of the process. Maybe I'm just whining because I'm not the big dog at my terminal. Maybe we should leave it as it is because I like it that way.:duh:

That would be fine if it were limited to no more than one two consecutive week period per year and the other three had to be used one week at a time in seperate months. EX:
first two weeks of July, one in August, one in November, one in December. It would not be right to allow the same driver to get the same holidays every year for his entire tenure either. Under your system if you had 20 years and I had 19 yrs 364 days you could possibly get Christmas, 4th of July, spring break, Thanksgiving, and Confederate heroes day or(insert favorite holiday here)every year. Maybe an only one major holiday per person per year policy. Or bid one week per person round robin until each person has used up his time. If you have more weeks to use than everybody else then you pick the remaining weeks at the end of the process. Maybe I'm just whining because I'm not the big dog at my terminal. Maybe we should leave it as it is because I like it that way.:duh:

This is not my system, This is what the employee's voted for where I am from and the employee's won the vote. Seniority prevails on all vacation bidding. I must add, I was for it.

oh yea! lets once again talk of changing the whole system to make it better for city drivers, who now want to make it better for just them! Can you tell me how this makes it better for me?

What happens if you have no choice and city is your only option slipseat#5 ?

Are you then going to quit the company ?

That is the way it is now, sad part is those drivers do not have the most time in with the company.

If someone is going to be a hog, it is better for that person to actually be the ones with the most seniority and get rid of this "Right Place at the Right Time" policy we have now

What happens if you have no choice and city is your only option slipseat#5 ?

Are you then going to quit the company ?
I know if i had no choice but to go to the city.I would definately leave the company.There are plenty of places for me to go where i would be better off.:smilie_132:

oh yea! lets once again talk of changing the whole system to make it better for city drivers, who now want to make it better for just them! Can you tell me how this makes it better for me?

Did you miss the posts from road guys that would like to switch to city but can't risk being at the bottom of that board?

Oh yeah, it's not all about what's better for you. Sometimes it's about right and wrong... Fair and reasonable.

It gives you mobility in your career; the ability to move back and forth based on your life situation. Everyone always thinks that it is all about the money, it is not; it is about not being locked into one facet of the LTL business for a lifetime. It is about keeping people engaged, letting them move latteraly without losing everything. It is about keeping things fresh, giving you the ability to switch it up if you just get sick of never seeing daylight or having a weekend. It is about the city driver being able to go to the road for a few years to pick up the slack when his wife goes back to school and then being able to go back to city when she finally gets the career going. It is about a driver who finds himself having to care for an aging parent and not being able to be gone at night anymore.

It is not about the money. :duh: It is about fairness, and it will be fair to honor seniority for drivers based on seniority date in your center, or company for that matter (that's not the issue here, tho, board seniority is).

Can I get a Witness??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!