Yellow | Hotel at IND

yo........

seems to me that wherever they can, corporate lodging is combining the places we stay at.....

we recently did it in STP with big R.......

it also seems to me that with the fact that we'll need bigger hotels that the quality of the rooms will improve as it takes a better operation to maintain and run a bigger hotel.....

this could be a blessing in disguise....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JimJoe (jj) said:
Also the bank has recently taken over the hotel in the last month or so. The owner Bill I guess defaulted on the loan.

I agree this place is a dump. Holland,Yellow, And Roadway stay here.

About 2 yrs ago they gave us a second choice a a Sheration on the northeast off a Shadeland ave. side a little ride but a nice place. But believe it or not Holland drivers would rather stay at the dump. So we moved back. Then they had another choice one exit westr of this hotel, a Ramada. Nice plenty of eating places but we could not behave and had to get in a fight in the lobby and back to the good old Econlodge, where dogs are guest there all the time.

ABF stays there also. Man it is a dump! We are going to have to file a grevience on this S#!T HOLE.

12pack said:
ABF stays there also. Man it is a dump! We are going to have to file a grevience on this S#!T HOLE.

Maybe not. Once Yellow, Roadway, and Holland pull out of there the hotel most likely will not surive very long. I know on Tuesday, and Thursday Holland alone was putting upwards of 80 plus people to bed there, and at least 50 on Mon,Wed, and Fri. Plus the bank owns it now. I believe you will see the doors shut for the last time on this DUMP in the near future!!

I've stayed at the new hotel in Indy ( Value Inn & suites ) twice this week, the room I got on Monday was nice and clean, the one on Thursday was clean, but a little wore out, burn mark's on bath tub, stains on carpet, but all in all IT WAS C L E A N no fleas, cockroaches to greet me as I entered the room, plus NO " MOLD " around the bath tub or urine on bathroom floor.
I ate at the restaurant Wednesday, food was good , that is also clean, so sorry guy's no more sticking to the carpet like the old flea pit motel AKA Harding street Hilton.
The new place has an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna, exercise room, but the equipment is like me, old and wore out.
All in all a major improvement over the old place, it wouldn't be my first choice to take the wife, but, would work as a last resort, but as far as a clean bed and a shower it works.

Cheers The Scotsman or as they call me in Indy, Scotty...........

I heard that the lady who ran the restaurant (which was pretty good) at the "Harding Hilton" was following us, as did some of the other employees

I know they where using a different van the last few months but how about that nice old brown van they used for along time.
I think they used it at the local demolition derbys on weekends.

The woman that ran the resaurant at Harding street Hilton ( Irene ), has leased the resaurant at the new motel, some of her staff from old place are working with her.
One of the old van drivers from Harding St. ( Herbie ), is now driving at the new motel.
The new vans that they were using at Harding were all rentals, even the manager from the management company that the bank brought in to run the place, refused to ride in one of these old van's, and didn't expect us to ride in that junk.

Cheers, The Scotsman

JimJoe (jj) said:
The Scotsman said:
One of the old van drivers from Harding St. ( Herbie ), is now driving at the new motel.

Yes when you look at Herbie and his glasses I always think of the cartoon Mr. Mogoo!!!!
I was there on saturday for the first time and Herbie drove me,but fifrt he had to drop off a few guests off downtown and it was an hour and a half till I got checked in.The room was much better than the other place it was clean and comfortable,and when I had to go back ,they got me there on time,but I will not go to Indy if I have a choice to go someplace else and thats just my opinion and I realy cant say anything bad about the place.I would rather go somewhere other than Indy.And please dont take me the wrong way,I mean no disrespect to the people of Indianapolis,I just dont like that run,and I do like the Colts,next to the Steelers.

Bufbill said:
JimJoe (jj) said:
I do like the Colts,next to the Steelers.

Buf; Joe Staysniak, ex-Bill from the Super Bowl years (#79 on the Colts in the mid-90's) is here on the radio AM1070 on the 4pm-7pm time slot if you get lonely for a voice from the past.:weight_lift:

Welcome to Indy, while you're here!

stayed there back in july/ one of the few times i have been working this year/ it was a DUMP/ makes you really appreciate stl cgb say roa // any other good ones out there i missed??