XPO | House Now Says Americans Can Keep Current Health Plans - What Now for Conway

HowlerMonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
House votes 261 - 157 Keep your current plan if your happy with it.

We were told a while back, because of the new laws some existing conway plans could no longer be offered and folks just won't be allowed to keep existing plans. In addition, they said certain plans offered were too cheap according to the new laws and would incur a cadillac tax if continued and conway just couldn't afford it because it would quadruple in cost.

Sooooo, Now with this latest vote saying, OKAY, KEEP YOUR PLAN IF YOU LIKE IT.

Will conway now change everything back allowing everyone to keep their current plans if their happy with them and offer an extension on open enrollment?

Doesn't this mean no cadillac tax?

The wording is vague, you can keep your plan, but it ultimately comes down to the Insurance Companies and them offering the plan you like with the Law Change...So its all about semantics.

What did you have last year that's not being offered this year?

I'm downgrading this year myself, I had the expensive plan last year, but no longer need it.

House votes 261 - 157 Keep your current plan if your happy with it.

We were told a while back, because of the new laws some existing conway plans could no longer be offered and folks just won't be allowed to keep existing plans. In addition, they said certain plans offered were too cheap according to the new laws and would incur a cadillac tax if continued and conway just couldn't afford it because it would quadruple in cost.

Sooooo, Now with this latest vote saying, OKAY, KEEP YOUR PLAN IF YOU LIKE IT.

Will conway now change everything back allowing everyone to keep their current plans if their happy with them and offer an extension on open enrollment?

Doesn't this mean no cadillac tax?

The wording is vague, you can keep your plan, but it ultimately comes down to the Insurance Companies and them offering the plan you like with the Law Change...So its all about semantics.

If you've already ended a plan and began another. We haven't actually ended our plans yet so that's not an excuse.

Reason they're saying this is simply because…. some basic cheap plans were forced to be dropped by folks (not Conway yet) for more coverage and more costly plans... so (for some reason) they're leaving it up to the insurance companies whether they want to offer the cheaper previous plan held by the individuals that already upgraded….. And obviously, some of the insurance companies aren't wanting to do this.

Gov't says You may have to upgrade to a more costly plan some folks already upgraded but didn't really want to which makes insurance company smile. Now gov't changes and says you can now keep your plan which makes people happy but only people that haven't yet changed because gov't tells folks, if you've already changed to a higher plan then it's going to be up to the insurance company if they want to change you back to your lower plan

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you have last year that's not being offered this year?

I'm downgrading this year myself, I had the expensive plan last year, but no longer need it.

The expensive plan that worked like the old HMO. They canceled it because of the Cadillac tax.

I really dunno much about it all. I just hate to see folks lose their plans at conway. Especially if they want to keep them and are happier than the new plans being offered.

The Conway employee portal now says 11,181 employees haven't yet completed open enrollment and have 1 day left.

I really dunno much about it all. I just hate to see folks lose their plans at conway. Especially if they want to keep them and are happier than the new plans being offered.

The Conway employee portal now says 11,181 employees haven't yet completed open enrollment and have 1 day left.

I saw that..That's half of the employees..that's crazy. They'll announce an extension ...they always do.

But, some may just want to keep what they had last year..they don't have to do nothing. It's probably what most want to do.

Tell me is Conway already downgrading? (Rhetorical question) I've heard the Cadillac tax doesn't hit insurance plans for a few more years. Seems to me Conway along with other insurance companies are taking advantage. So I don't see them cutting any slack no matter what congress does.

The expensive plan that worked like the old HMO. They canceled it because of the Cadillac tax.

I used to have the HMO, they did away with that some time ago(or did they just price it well out of a drivers range?). I believe it was sometime around when we started paying for insurance, maybe a little later.

Tell me is Conway already downgrading? (Rhetorical question) I've heard the Cadillac tax doesn't hit insurance plans for a few more years. Seems to me Conway along with other insurance companies are taking advantage. So I don't see them cutting any slack no matter what congress does.

Con-Way has been downgrounding for years, nothing to do with politics. It used to be free, then we had to pay a little, then a little more, etc.

Oh and the Employee portal is running extra slow so it's nearly impossible for an employee to sign up.

I do mostly all my online actions with a MAC. I've recently had problems on the employee portal using the browser Safari so started using Firefox which I don't care much for but it works good with their site. So far.

I don't know if it's sad or funny how the gov't has went to the length they have getting folks and companies to change insurance levels and now it looks like they're saying… OOOOPS! Go ahead and keep it since that's what Obama originally said we could do.

My guess is that companies like Conway have went through so much trouble they won't want to change it all back anyway

Ya Think!:regretful:

Off topic but, can you view your VPP results on your MAC using Safari? I get an error message when the new tab pops up. I have also tried Firefox and the same thing happens.

I do mostly all my online actions with a MAC. I've recently had problems on the employee portal using the browser Safari so started using Firefox which I don't care much for but it works good with their site. So far.

I don't know if it's sad or funny how the gov't has went to the length they have getting folks and companies to change insurance levels and now it looks like they're saying… OOOOPS! Go ahead and keep it since that's what Obama originally said we could do.

My guess is that companies like Conway have went through so much trouble they won't want to change it all back anyway

Off topic but, can you view your VPP results on your MAC using Safari? I get an error message when the new tab pops up. I have also tried Firefox and the same thing happens.

Oh didn't they tell you, that means you've been selected for a pilot program with the lean initiative. What they're studying is the effect to the bottom line by taking bonuses away... Sorry dude...

Even if the government says you can keep it, doesn't mean your insurance provider will carry it...or if they do, there's no "for sure" that it'll be remotely affordable. A lot of companies are just saying "what's been cancelled will stay cancelled", because there is no reason for them to allow enrollment in a plan that will end up being cancelled next year.

Something will happen between now, and next year to get all of this thrown out, and the current house will try to save face..it's been such a fiasco already, backpeddling, making exceptions...and to think, this whole deal started for the 450lb guy with diabetes, and a 2pack a day habit, to be able to "afford" a policy. That's what's affordable about it. Group all the un-healthy, death bed bound people who don't take care of themselves together, throw em all in a pot, and let the american people absorb the cost of the policy that said people either a.) couldn't afford to pay the outrageous premiums due to health factors, or b.) couldn't get a carrier to write them a policy, because the provider couldn't make any money off of the outrageous cost to cover them... Oh wait...now those people get discounted insurance, where healthy, hard working families can't afford coverage for their own families now, or their doctors are dropping them as cancer patients, and are basically told to enjoy what time they have left. Makes sense to me! Knock the $10.00 bill out of this guys hand, then hand him a $1.00, and tell him "hey, atleast there's still money in your hand". What a fuk'n joke.