How about a role call

Discussion in 'Arkansas/American Freightways' started by shadowr434, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Black dog Mafia

Black dog Mafia Union Buster

I really miss AF. it was a great company to work for...

grocerythrower likes this.
  2. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I agree with you, thats most likely the only thing we agree on, but I was proud as all get out to work for AF, proud of my little no a/c truck, proud of my uniform.

BTW, that dog looks like a sissy, I got a cat that looks meaner than that pooch.

3. Black dog Mafia

That dogs has a better pedigree than you. And gets $1800 A POP for stud fee. and $1500 a pup. Whats your cat got??????

4. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

The cat gets 3k for a stud fee and 2800 for a female and 2500 for a male, put that in ur pipe and smoke it stud muffin...LOL!!!

5. Black dog Mafia

Cats are good for 2 things hair balls and targets.

6. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Thats just mean Sir...LOL!!

7. Black dog Mafia

LMAO

8. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

My cats are important to me, all 11 of them.

9. Black dog Mafia

lots of hair balls and lots of targets.

10. FIRE IN THE WIRE

FIRE IN THE WIRE Active Member

I sure do remember that!

11. FIRE IN THE WIRE

What in the hell happened to Channel-4!?......its like a Wild Wild West GhostTown on that frequency now.....boy oh boy!

12. rodedawg

rodedawg Dockworker with a CDL

Started with AF 1993, then some years later, that corporation took over and now Im just tryin to hang on for retirement!!!

Critter likes this.
  13. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

I took a chance on a new company in town back in Jan '95 that most had never heard of. Although I had seen the AF trucks while driving over the road, they were new to the CLT/NC area. Filled out an application that morning and the then CCM Morris Pressley asked me if I could start that afternoon! We ran the whole operation (outbound/inbound/hub/mainline/city) out of 34 doors! We worked 12 hrs a day and had fun doing it (business principal #6)!!
    My how times have changed...I sure miss the good ole days!

Critter and Suncoast like this.
  14. freds house boy

freds house boy dumb truck driver

Started in 97 and loved it back then. Corporate America as a whole not just FedEx has made working less enjoyable and now just a chore. It is hard to find workers that take pride in who they work for unlike AF days.

15. Suncoast

Suncoast Conch

Started driving for AF when we opened in Florida in '95. Had a great time. New equipment, new friends and worked our butts off with more freight than what we knew what to do with. But I don't look back and have no regrets with FedEx. We are just as 'family oriented' at my Center today as it was in the beginning. I think it's what you make of it. Freight was a new ball game to FedEx. There has been a learning curve. I think we are now on the right track. Close to retirement but will take away fond memories of both.

16. Critter

Critter Active Member

I don't think the company gives a rats butt bout us....at all. AF did..IMO. Just do my job avoid the kiss asses, get paid and go home and leave FXF at the gate when I do. Still like doin my job. ABSOLUTELY hate the politics of favoritism, and kissass cowards. You all know the type...blah blah blah at the fuel pump, then :woohoo1:I love you guys at the meetings.

SIKOFITALL and shadowr434 like this.
  17. SIKOFITALL

SIKOFITALL Member

Was , and STILL am proud to say I was an AF driver. FedEx really screwed the place up which is why they have the problems they have today . But looking back I'd do ANYTHING to work for Sheridan again . AF forever !!!!!

Redracer3136 likes this.
  18. FIRE IN THE WIRE

I remember that fella out of KCY that would go around the Midwest with his BBQ trailer pit for cookouts at terminals. Remember when YNG was a cake box terminal up a dirt road. When FRE and CGT didn't even exist. They ran a hub operation out of Fort Wayne(that joint was so little..40 something doors). Hub down in Lincoln, Illinois was notorious for pallet jacks...lol. Everybody ran Channel 4. Doing a 580 mile lay down overnight driving a old smurf international on rear leaf springs all night...lol. Everybody had kickers/linear boxes underneath their radios on the dash..lol. Remember when we were 100% coverage health insurance...those days bring tears to my eyes mane.

rodedawg likes this.