TForce | How about an equipment appearance policy?

I'm running a branded trlr and an Overnite tractor.The whole thing has not seen a wash bay for a couple years. The tractor had new airlines and pigtail put on,but wasn't degreased( you know...the crap from the u-joint that gets plastered on the back of the cab) or washed at all. The thing only has one tank in use and I share it with a road driver.
The engine soots up the trlr so badly that the marker light disappears after a after a week or so. I mentioned it to the shop and they just washed off the light and a part of the corner and side. What a sight... Clean light and a four foot patch of trlr,and soot and crud the rest of the way. Just sad... I can't blame the shop....they are not allowed any overtime and working on mechanical and safety issues are their priority,not appearance,
but jeez!!.. How embarassing to back into a dock(as I've done),next to a shiny clean feeder unit,and I'm driving this old, dirty Overups truck... Sad indeed....

I just got the inside scoop. The reason nothing is getting fixed, washed or rebranded is that the profits this division makes goes to upper managent payrolls, so we can keep the morons who are running this outfit employed. You just don't come across that kind of talent everyday. I think we have cornered the market with mentally challenged management that missed the short bus to day camp.

I just feel that UPS being so image conscious and brand protective,they would be all over dirty equipment. Like was said previously, we are the rolling advertisements for the Co. and the so called professional appearance they are constantly on us about is tossed out the window when the customer sees dirty,mismatched equipment backing into their dock.
I worked for a smalltime outfit that hauled parts for GM 16 years ago,lost their contract due to poor equipment appearance and quality.
I can only think of the one time not long ago a feeder driver came up next to me and looked over at what I was driving and shook his head with a disgusted look. He didn't wave or anything. Just digust....Made me feel like crap too.
I used to drive a 10 series Mack for a couple years and remember guys in largecars complimenting on how good that old dog looked.Washed,waxed,painted wheels,polished chrome. Sweet....oh well....

I'm running a branded trlr and an Overnite tractor.The whole thing has not seen a wash bay for a couple years. The tractor had new airlines and pigtail put on,but wasn't degreased( you know...the crap from the u-joint that gets plastered on the back of the cab) or washed at all. The thing only has one tank in use and I share it with a road driver.
The engine soots up the trlr so badly that the marker light disappears after a after a week or so. I mentioned it to the shop and they just washed off the light and a part of the corner and side. What a sight... Clean light and a four foot patch of trlr,and soot and crud the rest of the way. Just sad... I can't blame the shop....they are not allowed any overtime and working on mechanical and safety issues are their priority,not appearance,
but jeez!!.. How embarassing to back into a dock(as I've done),next to a shiny clean feeder unit,and I'm driving this old, dirty Overups truck... Sad indeed....

Just remember UPS is called Big Brown.

We are called Dirty Brown....:hysterical:

But that's ok because we take the same amount of pride working for them. Which is none...:1036316054:

I just feel that UPS being so image conscious and brand protective,they would be all over dirty equipment. Like was said previously, we are the rolling advertisements for the Co. and the so called professional appearance they are constantly on us about is tossed out the window when the customer sees dirty,mismatched equipment backing into their dock.
I worked for a smalltime outfit that hauled parts for GM 16 years ago,lost their contract due to poor equipment appearance and quality.
I can only think of the one time not long ago a feeder driver came up next to me and looked over at what I was driving and shook his head with a disgusted look. He didn't wave or anything. Just digust....Made me feel like crap too.
I used to drive a 10 series Mack for a couple years and remember guys in largecars complimenting on how good that old dog looked.Washed,waxed,painted wheels,polished chrome. Sweet....oh well....

Those days are gone for good. UPS has always been a very greedy corporation. With Overnite we all took pride in our jobs. But with UPS that all has changed. I keep the inside of my tractor up but from now on if they want the outside washed they are going to have to pay to have it done.

Because I have absolutely no pride in this company. They also show us everyday how much pride they have in us by cutting our runs and using more and more contract carriers. Just about all sleeper runs have been cut so drastic in mileage the drivers only chance to make enough to pay the bills is fight over what little single wild runs there is at the end of their measly run.

At least I had over 25 years working for a company I could feel good about. It had it's problems. But as far as I'm concerned it pales compared to this company.

These old overnite and motor cargo trucks are not only ugly looking, They cause damages!!!

Its not just a matter of appearance, they have so many dents inside that you can hardly run a skid up the side without ripping it to shreds. Not to mention that most are not load bar trailers.

I prasie the lord whenever the jockies pull a new UPS pup back in my loading doors, it is so much easier to maximize the cube when you can build a deck.

I used to work at FedEx Freight and I became spoiled, 95% of there pups are load bar equipped with clean, non damaged insides.

These old overnite and motor cargo trucks are not only ugly looking, They cause damages!!!

Its not just a matter of appearance, they have so many dents inside that you can hardly run a skid up the side without ripping it to shreds. Not to mention that most are not load bar trailers.

I prasie the lord whenever the jockies pull a new UPS pup back in my loading doors, it is so much easier to maximize the cube when you can build a deck.

I used to work at FedEx Freight and I became spoiled, 95% of there pups are load bar equipped with clean, non damaged insides.

At this point it will take time, "O" had alot of junk, and I do mean "JUNK".:smilie_132:

At this point it will take time, "O" had alot of junk, and I do mean "JUNK".:smilie_132:

You are not kidding in the least. When the "O" trailers started comming into our "MC" yards we were amazed that UPS had bought such an obviously degraded company. Almost all the trailers we saw were held together with riveted tin strips, gobs of duct tape and bondo putty, and more rust than the russian military after a rain storm. And then we saw the tractors up close and it was a little clearer, why put a nice trailer behind crap.

That is why they bought us, they didn't buy us for what we had, if we had all new equiptment before they bought us they would of had to pay that much more and then rebrand all of that equiptment, but buying us with our junk equiptment they can pay for new trailers when they are ready and not have to rebrand.

That is why they bought us, they didn't buy us for what we had, if we had all new equiptment before they bought us they would of had to pay that much more and then rebrand all of that equiptment, but buying us with our junk equiptment they can pay for new trailers when they are ready and not have to rebrand.

That is my guess, along with a few conspiracy theories, which also make scence, but we are getting there.

Well, instead of wasting all that money on rebranding, "painting over dirt and grease" that just looks worse than doing nothing in a few weeks. Why didnt they just break out the heat guns and take the old markings off, and put the ups emblem on. Maybe cost a couple hundred a unit. Sure it would look better on the all white MC stuff, but even on the blue and grey O stuff it would be better than that welfare looking duct tape stuff.

rebranding for trailers is officially overwith. i'm not sure about the trucks. they finally realized what we without the engineering degrees already knew. it was a serious waste of money!!!!!!! they were putting $6000 to $9000 in some of these trailers

opt

far as clean trucks go i dont even think about it.seems to me ups just want us in the street asap. we got a list of guys that have to explain to much on property time(opt)every day.i am sure cleaning the truck is not a good reason.and theres not a clean the truck button in the diad.funny they want me to wear polished boots that are hard to find and no one looks at anyway,but get caught washing your tractor on opt and wow we got a problem. go with the flow.if they want it clean they will tell us.

kinda makes me wonder if ups regretting purchasing overnight, with the way they havnt rebranded our equipment. fedex bought watkins back in 2006 around the same time over nite was bought and they have already fully rebranded all of their equipment. i have only once seen a watkins pup this year on my way to work.

Talking about clean trucks... Every time I get into a truck, The city driver leaves crap laying all over the inside of the cab. I just pull up to the garbage can and load it up, I think we should keep the inside clear of objects in case of problems.

Like this rule in FMCSA: §398.4 Driving of motor vehicles. (g)(3) Interference with driver. No motor vehicle shall be driven when any object obscures his/her view ahead, or to the right or left sides, or to the rear, or interferes with the free movement of his/her arms or legs, or prevents his/her free and ready access to the accessories required for emergencies, or prevents the free and ready exit of any person from the cab or driver's compartment.

I'm sorry but our mothers don't work with us... Take the crap out of the trucks!!!