TForce | How about new chatter ?????

imported_Dreemer

TB Lurker
Credits
Like; Why in the west must the company
"O/UPSF" change what has worked for 80+ years at M.C.. LIKE SERVICING the custumer with WHAT the custumer whats NEXT DAY SERVICE and freight that is not damaged? ALL (and I do mean all) of our competition can do it.. but Big O nope must be DAMAGED and two,three or four day service. How do you boys and girls plan to stay in business? You guys are so worried about union B.S. WE WON'T BE IN BUSINESS FOR LONG. Mty's to meet Mty's, costumer's leaving left and right,Runs that make no sense. O yea, I'll take their money and laugh when they close this operation and then I'll move on.

I hope and pray it will be fixed,
but I have my doubts.

Just a rant from a long time LTL'er

I here ya Dreemer,the new buzz word from UPS Freight after the rebranding was:Treat every customer like they were the only one.

I wounder why these good ideas never really get going?

Apostolic said:
I here ya Dreemer,the new buzz word from UPS Freight after the rebranding was:Treat every customer like they were the only one.

I wounder why these good ideas never really get going?
I dont know about out west But they seem to be making some improvments in Dallas as far as damages. as in not breaking skids and watching loads more carfully But I have been hearing about alot of trouble out there in your neck of the woods been sending some extra help out there from other terminals. hopefully it will all work out.

What happened to the plan of not double stacking pallets? I guess that died before it had any life?? Regardless, I've worked at both Yellow on CCX and their level of damges are no better or worse than here. However, I can say that our method of moving freight is quite pre-historic and certainly not cost-effective...but, all that extra work means extra pay, so I'm not complaining!

Dallas Dog said:
I dont know about out west But they seem to be making some improvments in Dallas as far as damages. as in not breaking skids and watching loads more carfully But I have been hearing about alot of trouble out there in your neck of the woods been sending some extra help out there from other terminals. hopefully it will all work out.

we have been sending 1 man a week from our terminal to the west coast and I know Gaffney has been sending 2-3 a week. I have noticed a huge decline in damaged freight at our terminal and the way we load out is monitored alot stricter now.. time will tell

Dreemer said:
Like; Why in the west must the company
"O/UPSF" change what has worked for 80+ years at M.C.. LIKE SERVICING the custumer with WHAT the custumer whats NEXT DAY SERVICE and freight that is not damaged? ALL (and I do mean all) of our competition can do it.. but Big O nope must be DAMAGED and two,three or four day service. How do you boys and girls plan to stay in business? You guys are so worried about union B.S. WE WON'T BE IN BUSINESS FOR LONG. Mty's to meet Mty's, costumer's leaving left and right,Runs that make no sense. O yea, I'll take their money and laugh when they close this operation and then I'll move on.

I hope and pray it will be fixed,
but I have my doubts.

Just a rant from a long time LTL'er
I guess you would have to ask UPS not "O" or not "O" UPSF employee's. We did not ask to be sold or bought. These are the time's of change. As bad as it all seems to you, "O" could not have been to bad of a company for UPS to have purchased for a prime price of 1.25 Billion. Hang in there. When UPS gets ready to start the big changes they WILL be very profitable. Although you may not like the tight ship that they will run inorder to be #1

BusterNite said:
I guess you would have to ask UPS not "O" or not "O" UPSF employee's. We did not ask to be sold or bought. These are the time's of change. As bad as it all seems to you, "O" could not have been to bad of a company for UPS to have purchased for a prime price of 1.25 Billion. Hang in there. When UPS gets ready to start the big changes they WILL be very profitable. Although you may not like the tight ship that they will run inorder to be #1

I agree with every statement you said here BusterNite.. UPS must have seen something in us to pay that much... And we will be #1 in the freight industry in years to come..

UPS paid 1.25 billion and got a cash rebate of aprox. 400 million ( our pension fund ) so how much did they really buy it for? Talk is cheep. nothing is going to be fixed as long as O people are running it and they make themselves look good on paper.

wassesname said:
UPS paid 1.25 billion and got a cash rebate of aprox. 400 million ( our pension fund ) so how much did they really buy it for? Talk is cheep. nothing is going to be fixed as long as O people are running it and they make themselves look good on paper.
Thats the problem with every company not just yours. All districts or regions pad their numbers.

BusterNite said:

First of all here in the tundra we have noticed a true decline in damages coming into our terminal. Huge. No double stacking of heavy on light , nothing broken down that is'nt supposed to be broken down, tons of dunnage ,etc.etc.

Now as far as the changes this is just the beginning, UPS has'nt turned up the volume yet and will not until they feel operationally that we are in a position to do it. And yes alot of O personell have to come out of the picture.

Running a tight ship is what made UPS what they are today, and we are only seeing the tip of the iceburg.

Say accelerator,you sound like you now about dock..

work?
How the loads look coming in.
Now I was taught in the train the trainer, traning that all forklift drivers are always to ware seat belts when forklift driving on the dock.

Funny thing is I told the Allstar team diver that was teaching our group, that I didn't think our forklifts at my terminal were equipped with seat belt?
He said he was sure they were.

All the times I've driven our forklifts,I never noticed seat belts?

Are the foklift operators in your terminal waring them all the time like UPS wants?

In all my years of driving LTL I've never known anyone to fall off a forklift.
But with the struckture,and the weight of a forklift if it was to ever rollover I guess it would be better to be starpped to it than try,to jump clear.

I'm not sure that UPS parcel uses forklifts?

For us to use seatbelt on this maching does sound like a safe idea.

What do you think?

Apostolic said:
I didn't think our forklifts at my terminal were equipped with seat belt?
He said he was sure they were.

All the times I've driven our forklift's, I've never noticed seat belts?
They are probably stashed under the seat so they are out of the way.

In all my years of driving LTL I've never known anyone to fall off a forklift.
But with the structure, and the weight of a forklift if it was to ever rollover I guess it would be better to be strapped to it than try, to jump clear.
Absolutely....never try to jump clear. That's why there is a roll cage around the operators compartment.
If you try to jump clear and don't make it out of the way....could make a big mess.

For us to use seat belt on this machine does sound like a safe idea.

What do you think?
It couldn't hurt.

Accelerator said:
First of all here in the tundra we have noticed a true decline in damages coming into our terminal. Huge. No double stacking of heavy on light , nothing broken down that is'nt supposed to be broken down, tons of dunnage ,etc.etc.

Now as far as the changes this is just the beginning, UPS has'nt turned up the volume yet and will not until they feel operationally that we are in a position to do it. And yes alot of O personell have to come out of the picture.

Running a tight ship is what made UPS what they are today, and we are only seeing the tip of the iceburg.
I think that is what I said in some words????

Accelerator said:

I think you had the wrong poster?

southerngrits said:
I agree with every statement you said here BusterNite.. UPS must have seen something in us to pay that much... And we will be #1 in the freight industry in years to come..
That was cheap compared to what Fedex paid for their freight buisness. May be it was is such decline and had the property they wanted.....

Accelerator said:

wait till the ups management mentality takes full effect
if you look up the term ballbreakers in the dictionary you will see a ups logo
hey guys gps is available and they will be watching you closely:Banane01: :wounded1: :shades:

Overnite said:
gps has always been available, if you carry a nextel they can see where you are.

yes i understand that but just wait till management uses it against you
you have no protection from its use against you
if you guys do go union make sure you get the language to protect yourselves:red_bandana:

Unless your a real goof off why is GPS bad for you?

Maybe if your going off route to go home,or have something going on the side?
But whos really got time for anything other than just doing your job?

I'm sure someone on the boards will let me know that I'm not seeing the big picture?

hey apo
not every supervisor is on the up and up
the gps can and will be used against you
and you won't even have to be off route or anything like that
you'll see
i was doin my job and got falsely accussed and luckily for me we have language in our contract to protect us but that didn't stop them from spinning the situation to what they wanted to attempt to accomplish
you are right in the regard to as just keep doing your job and keep yourself in "line" and they may never bother you
try not to get jammed up brother