Reddaway | How about some facts and figures pleezz

screwemwthasmle

TB Lurker
Credits
JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING AT EVERY TERMINAL POST WHERE YOUR FROM AND HOW MUCH YOU MAKE AN HOUR. SACRAMENTO #515 19.70/HR. AND OH YEA NO START TIMES CALL IN AFTER 15/YRS ON THE PND BOARD! ITS GREAT BEING NONUNION, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR START TIME IS. THIS TERMINAL SUCKS BIG-TIME, AND ALMOST FORGOT NO PAPER TOWELS IN OUR BATHROOM YOU MUST USE A RAG THAT HANGS FROM THE WALL! SO NEXT TIME YOU THINK YA GOT IT :shit:EE WHERE YOUR AT THERES NO PLACE IN THE RETL SYSTEM :shit:EER THAN SACRAMENTO!!!!!:smillie_flag:

595 Denver Co. $18.70/hr and .4851 per mile Just waited a week for a simple wheel seal repair (cab over blues) Our tires have to be down to 2/32 to get them relaced even though we drive over Vail pass (10,600ft.) and Eisenhower (11,000ft) and the joy of all roads Loveland Pass (11,600ft) in some of the deepest snow and iciest roads in the nation. It costs $350.00 to tow us up each hill and at $700.00 per night this saving on maintinance costs are really starting to pay off! (LOL) since we took the pay cut it would be nice to see someone in management be held accountable for these costs that are being ignored and costing us big $$$ how about putting some people that have actually driven a truck in charge??

Kent, WA $21.00 and they treat us like piles also. The company and union seem to be at odds but no wonder since the company wants us to take $1.50 or so more of a cut than anybody else in the system. We told them no so the company got their panties in a bunch and can't seem to realize that when they say equal sacrifice, and want a group of people to take more of a cut than others, that does not equal up to equal sacrifice. The bottom line is that this company wants to do what they want, when they want and when people get in the way of that, they can't handle it.

In Orange we make the same as Sac. Around 19.70 with equal cut to line. We get treated as bad as Sac. And the guys from Sac understand our pain. 20 years on the job, and my job hangs on a string. Sac understands how Union Compton 25 min from Orange gets treated so much better with far less layoffs than Orange. Because Sac sees first hand how Union Oakland gets far better treatment and much less layoffs than they do. And worst of all, Sac has Union Oregan North drivers (who by the way have not taken the paycut, and never will) come through their yard and take what used to be Sac frt. Mr. Colorado, you have always been on the "B" pay schedule, so you make a little less, however I will trade jobs with you anyday, do you remember what the cost of living is in Orange County? And more importantly, at any non Union yard you would have been layed off 2 years ago, with no chance to be called back. Not an attack, just some facts. Off topic, I talked to your friend Jack, he said your a good guy, and a real pro.

we have had layoffs at our terminal and believe me I do not believe they will be called back anytime soon, and we are union. And yes I know we are on the B schedule he just asked to post our wages, we were at 21.70 and .5632 so we took it in the shorts equaly. as for cost of living our property taxes go up here every year unlike Ca. (no proposition 13 here!)
I have discovered that my cost of living here is not much different than there I heat my home 8 mos out of the year, get on the internet and price homes in Colorado, not much difference now but I lived in Temecula and San Diego county not Orange county I know it is costly there but you see we all have our problems and different costs, I can not sell my home now to save my soul and niether can Californians.....the same problems.

hey icerider???
exactly what company do you work for???
last time I checked reddaway denver was just as NON-UNION as us in saltlake.
SLC 527 P&D $19.25 hrly
reddaway denver wages and benifits are exactly the same as SLC

Sorry that is jumbled together, I work for Reddaway, out of Grand Junction (593) you are right Den. and SLC are non union I am on a B schedule as I said.

Ice Rider, you can hate the Union all you want. The Republican party gave up on the Union and let the Libs have it. Ronald Reagan never gave up on the Union. It is really sad that a lot of Conseravtives dont understand that a contract is a Conservative document. You guys are giving all of your control and Freedoms to the Obama's of the world. The facts are; you dont buy a house without a contract. You dont get a cell phone without a contract. And your job is far more important than a cell phone. And again brother anybody layed off in a Teamster yard can come back up to 2 years if the economy improves. But at a non Union yard your gone forever after 4 months. And of course what should be most important to you is that with your few years with Reddaway, you would have layed off 2 years ago at any non Union terminal. And you would never be back. You can write another post about how difficult things are for you too, Nobody has it easy. But you would be posting somewhere else if you did not have a contract. BE SAFE

WOW! sorry I had to go eat breakfast and bring my map of the solar system so I could figure out what planet you live on Steaker! I will take your points one at a time.
Ronald Reagan (rightfully so) FIRED the air traffic controllers for doing the fundamental of union activities, the right to strike.
Giving my power to OBAMA! WTF! The unions overwhelmingly supported Obama in the last election including your beloved teamsters that were cut a sweetheart deal in the healthcare negotiations who is giving power to the Obamas?...I sign a contract to BUY ahouse or to BUY a car or to BUY a cell phone service, the last time I checked I did not have to BUY my JOB! I agreed to work for a wage to do a service they needed me to do they are paying me! not the other way around. Two years ago my terminal was NON UNION so if what you say is true I do not have a job now, help me Steaker pray tell where do I work ? ILast of all I do not get on here whining about how bad I have it and calling my fellow employees cowards, I have only responded to you enlightining you to the fact that everyone deals with the same problems you do wether you are in Ca, Or.Ut. or Co.
As I said in last weeks post I do not hate the union. Put us on master freight agreement and I will support it but putting me on a contract that COSTS me more money with no increase in pay is nothing but a bad deal. If I am going to pay someone to represent me I want a better deal than what I had on my own. I was union at UPS Brown and had no problem with their contract it benefitted me this contract has me bringing home less money, only in your world can that be a good thing.

ronald reagan fired the air traffic controlers for VIOLATING thier contract wich specificaly prohibited any type of a strike due to the sensitive nature and security of the nations airways.

In Orange we make the same as Sac. Around 19.70 with equal cut to line. We get treated as bad as Sac. And the guys from Sac understand our pain. 20 years on the job, and my job hangs on a string. Sac understands how Union Compton 25 min from Orange gets treated so much better with far less layoffs than Orange. Because Sac sees first hand how Union Oakland gets far better treatment and much less layoffs than they do. And worst of all, Sac has Union Oregan North drivers (who by the way have not taken the paycut, and never will) come through their yard and take what used to be Sac frt. Mr. Colorado, you have always been on the "B" pay schedule, so you make a little less, however I will trade jobs with you anyday, do you remember what the cost of living is in Orange County? And more importantly, at any non Union yard you would have been layed off 2 years ago, with no chance to be called back. Not an attack, just some facts. Off topic, I talked to your friend Jack, he said your a good guy, and a real pro.

Sac made their own bed and now they have to lie in it. They asked for it and now they got it. They were cowards and now want to cry about what they were told a long time ago. They were warned, bet the farm and lost it.

I agree if you are non union you were laid off exactly 2 years ago. Been there done that and while it was a bummer at the time we are better off now because of it. I wish you all the best. hang in there hopefully it will get better soon.

WOW! sorry I had to go eat breakfast and bring my map of the solar system so I could figure out what planet you live on Steaker! I will take your points one at a time.
Ronald Reagan (rightfully so) FIRED the air traffic controllers for doing the fundamental of union activities, the right to strike.
Giving my power to OBAMA! WTF! The unions overwhelmingly supported Obama in the last election including your beloved teamsters that were cut a sweetheart deal in the healthcare negotiations who is giving power to the Obamas?...I sign a contract to BUY ahouse or to BUY a car or to BUY a cell phone service, the last time I checked I did not have to BUY my JOB! I agreed to work for a wage to do a service they needed me to do they are paying me! not the other way around. Two years ago my terminal was NON UNION so if what you say is true I do not have a job now, help me Steaker pray tell where do I work ? ILast of all I do not get on here whining about how bad I have it and calling my fellow employees cowards, I have only responded to you enlightining you to the fact that everyone deals with the same problems you do wether you are in Ca, Or.Ut. or Co.
As I said in last weeks post I do not hate the union. Put us on master freight agreement and I will support it but putting me on a contract that COSTS me more money with no increase in pay is nothing but a bad deal. If I am going to pay someone to represent me I want a better deal than what I had on my own. I was union at UPS Brown and had no problem with their contract it benefitted me this contract has me bringing home less money, only in your world can that be a good thing.

Just curious, why would you leave a job like UPS brown? I'm not trying to funny just seriously curious.

Sac made their own bed and now they have to lie in it. They asked for it and now they got it. They were cowards and now want to cry about what they were told a long time ago. They were warned, bet the farm and lost it.

I agree if you are non union you were laid off exactly 2 years ago. Been there done that and while it was a bummer at the time we are better off now because of it. I wish you all the best. hang in there hopefully it will get better soon.

I don't know USA TRKR. I think we are going to be in this black hole for quite some time.

Just curious, why would you leave a job like UPS brown? I'm not trying to funny just seriously curious.

I went to work for brown at 42 yrs of age, I was hired to run a straight truck on a commercial route, 6mos later I was out bid and put on a package car with over 100 stops a day. I did that for a year and got sick of being micro managed, every minute of your day is timed. I have owned my own business and managed a trucking and concrete pumping company with 28 trucks and 9 concrete pumps I dont need management telling me I took longer than 7 seconds to enter my truck and pull away from the curb. UPS has the best benefits I have ever had but the worst working environment I have ever had as far as management is concerned.Sorry just to old to put up with the BS

I don't know USA TRKR. I think we are going to be in this black hole for quite some time.

I am so trying to be optimistic. It is very tough to do when I look around me and see all this going on and the ones in charge that can do something about it choose to spend more and make it worse.

I went to work for brown at 42 yrs of age, I was hired to run a straight truck on a commercial route, 6mos later I was out bid and put on a package car with over 100 stops a day. I did that for a year and got sick of being micro managed, every minute of your day is timed. I have owned my own business and managed a trucking and concrete pumping company with 28 trucks and 9 concrete pumps I dont need management telling me I took longer than 7 seconds to enter my truck and pull away from the curb. UPS has the best benefits I have ever had but the worst working environment I have ever had as far as management is concerned.Sorry just to old to put up with the BS

Yes they do mirco manage everything to death. The freight side on the hand is the total opposite. Have no clue who what or where.

I wont tell anyone that working non-union is better than working union and visa versa.but anyone that thinks that the NMFA is so great opposed to a white paper contract is just fooling themselfs.the NMFA is a DINOSOUR and it will be completley dismantled and re worded in the next 2 contracts.the days of lazy workers falling through the cracks and bringing the rest of the companys numbers down are quickly coming to an end.this is why YRC along with the dont give a shhhhh mentality of its managers is hurting so bad right now. solid labor agreements like the UPS package contract that is based on individual performance is the only way to structure a union workforce.the reddaway contract for the west is just about as good as you are going to get nowdays in this economic climate.the UPS freight contract has to much fat in it to get them into the next contract they will be asking for concessions real soon.and if the fundimental function of a union is to strike(icetrucker)then the air traffic controllers should not have voted on the contract that specificaly prohibited any type of strike.and if they did vote no and continued to work under such terms they are the idiots that should have left and worked elswhere.

I wont tell anyone that working non-union is better than working union and visa versa.but anyone that thinks that the NMFA is so great opposed to a white paper contract is just fooling themselfs.the NMFA is a DINOSOUR and it will be completley dismantled and re worded in the next 2 contracts.the days of lazy workers falling through the cracks and bringing the rest of the companys numbers down are quickly coming to an end.this is why YRC along with the dont give a shhhhh mentality of its managers is hurting so bad right now. solid labor agreements like the UPS package contract that is based on individual performance is the only way to structure a union workforce.the reddaway contract for the west is just about as good as you are going to get nowdays in this economic climate.the UPS freight contract has to much fat in it to get them into the next contract they will be asking for concessions real soon.and if the fundimental function of a union is to strike(icetrucker)then the air traffic controllers should not have voted on the contract that specificaly prohibited any type of strike.and if they did vote no and continued to work under such terms they are the idiots that should have left and worked elswhere.

Good post with good information.