How Come??

I don't know... I believe if a job is lacking, you work and fight to make it better. That's kind of been the point of the labor movement, wasn't it? Take an imperfect workplace, and work to make it better?

I agree with you 100%, and when I left it had nothing to do with a labor dispute, if it had I would have stayed and I would have put everything into it.

I don't like the company, I don't like the church buddy system, I think people should be given jobs of responsibility through merit. I think it works in a small co. because everyone has to pull there weight, or it is very obvious where the problems lie, but when you have so many employees the breakdowns aren't as apparent and that leads to harassment and favoritism and unhappy people like myself.

That aside, the increases you got last time around were I believe, merely the VP's buying themselves time to prepare for a labor action, I doubt they will lock you out, they are going to force you to strike.

This fight we are in now is where we make our stand. The line in the sand. I realize you don't see it as something worthwhile to fight for, but we do. Those of us who actually work here. and have somehting at stake.

We will either try and improve what we have, or fight them until they are gone. For good...

I think it is worthwhile, not for the same reasons as you, not to save OHFL, but to make this as painful for the VP's as possible, I can't see this all being over a few $$'s for pension, I think this is an anti-union statement. I mean at this point I really don't see them caving to demands, they have to much invested in this going wrong. If you give them what they want you may as well not pay dues, because nothing will be negotiated, it is being dictated, and this will just start all over again. The only answer is to strike. These ads on CL are not negotiation tactics. I honestly think unionized Oak Harbor is in its last days.

I want to help in any way I can, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I think after a day with replacements they are going to start to realize what exceptional and devoted employees they turned away, I wish you all the best!