How could canadian trucker go 24.14 miles.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Canadians are wounder how the trucker that was killed going over the rail road bridge could have driven so far blacked-out?

One person from a Canadian trucking company asked how he could travel the wrong way for 15 kilometers,blacked-out in a diabetic shock?
I did the math,and thats 24.14 of our US miles,this does seem like a long way to drive if your blacked-out?

Heres the latest report of this puzzle.

CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: Fatal crash still puzzles

Apo you did your math wrong.

One Kilomter equal .66 miles.

15 km X .66 = 9.9

He actually drove 9.9 miles but still that pretty far considering the circumstances

why was this man driving if he is as sick as the family says they knew he had a condition where he blacks out why didnt the family say to him you shouldnt be in a truck ! or did he use his truck as a ******* vehicle nobody knows and will never know why this happened.just be glad he didnt kill anyone but himself

The latest report on this incident indicates that the driver did NOT have low blood sugars.

This is just an early report from the medical examiner, and further tests are under way.

The actual exchange rate between kM and miles is .62 miles per kM.

I was unlucky enough to have to detour to avoid this situation. Put on an extra 10 miles and 45 minutes to get around the road closure.

As further information comes to light, I will bring it out.

Your 100% correct Teamster 251 I did do the math wrong.
I Googeled the conversion which is 1.6093 Miles to Kilometers,or.6214 kilometers to miles.

I've always had trouble with spelling errors,now its math.
Thats what I get for dropping out of school in the 7th grade.

But if thers anyone of us that would know best how to convert metrics to our old American measurements it would be none other than my truckingboard friend,pcuthbert who lives in Canada and is used to using the metric system everyday.

Thanks for all the help pcuthbert,and also to T251 for posting my math error.
You guys are the best.

apos thank you for what you do here every day shows us what a dangerous job we have and try and be careful out there

This is something I've always done being a former UPS Freight safety trainer at my terminal.
I search the web news services for all of the current wreaks.

When I was working I'd print them out,then hand print a safety tip on the reports posting them in the terminal Dispatch office for all to see the negative side of trucking.

What happens when you are not focused on what you are doing while you are on duty driving anywhere around other vehicles.

I never wanted any part of being a trainer.
But once I was certified I took my job very serious making sure I did my part to keep all of my co-workers,as well as my TM,and supervisors safe when they were driving company vehicles,or their own personal vehicles.

Seeing I'm an Apostolic Born Again Christian I do everything for God,which is to say I give it my best.