XPO | How do resignations work at XPO?

We’ve had 4 drivers quit in the last 60 days. 2 of them gave notice and were allowed to keep working..they both bought their own truck. The third driver wasn’t planning on giving notice but ABF called the barn to confirm his length of service..He was also allowed to keep working. The fourth kept it quiet and turned in his keys when it was time.

I think it’s different for every location at this point. We are horribly understaffed so they’ll squeeze productivity out of us as long as possible..regardless of where you’re going after you quit.
The last 5 drivers at my barn that left bought their own trucks . Word on the street is $3 to $3.50 a mile !!!

So certain life situation is requiring me to resign from XPO.(A VERY good situation) I’ve always heard that XPO does not accept 2 week notices and will just tell you to leave right then. Is that true? Just trying to plan this out that works in my favor obviously as far as paychecks go.
2 years ago, its exactly what I did in the houston area.. Ive had no problem following up on inquiries.. While that being said, one of the dispatchers inquired towards myself if I was interested in returning. I stated no. Also I had no problem exhausting my accrued time (pro) & finances.

We had a guy quit and buy a truck he is running cross town rails 8 hours a day 4 days a week and after expenses makes the same check as linehaul ,only no benefits,wife is school teacher
I have left willfully quite a few situations where there is no money in the weeks work to support basic needs to be functional and effective on the road for a variety of reasons. Paperwork snafu etc. I dont believe a word of it.

Thats why I advocate either a payment to satellite direct to driver on hook up to load assigned or straight fat salary every week regardless of work. However when I was a trainer for FFE in blood plasma situation for a few weeks, the mileage pay would have been three times the salary then paid that year. So FFE Saved a great deal of money and I lost out. Or we rather, wife was paid a flat 300 weekly. The same pay trainees were paid out of orientation 40 years ago.

Water under the bridge. Working part time requires a careful evaluation of daily costs against hourly pay. Round trip gas costs, food and so on. If its double profit at Net pay for the day, then great. Off to work I go. Otherwise there is no money in going. Even at 11 a hour. Cuts down to 7 or so after withholding and then your gasoline and food burn is added on.

Ultimately the income must support the cost of living for everything in your situation every month with at least a 15% over and above cash so you can slowly improve the future in due time. A examination of costs in both coasts show that you would need thousands of dollars to meet everything and there is no hourly work in the private sector that can support that kind of life style without a doubling or tripling the pay beyond state minimum.

They kind of brought that on themselves constantly raising costs every year beyond inflation seeking to profit.

If you're a good worker and have a good record on the job do the classy thing and give notice. I learned a long time ago to never burn your bridges. You never know who in the future might be making a decision about you and it's always better to do the right thing and leave a job with class. Or, on the other hand, you can follow the advice of some of the miserable people here. Your call. :smile new:
When my retirement came through I told my YRC operations manager
when my last day would be. That day was on a Friday. I was working swing shift and the dock supervisor came up to me towards the end of the shift and said, mud I can't force you to stay but could you work some overtime? My reply was that I would stay until we were done. I did and I felt good about it.

when my last day would be. That day was on a Friday. I was working swing shift and the dock supervisor came up to me towards the end of the shift and said, mud I can't force you to stay but could you work some overtime? My reply was that I would stay until we were done. I did and I felt good about it.
:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

And did you drive 46 mph home after your OT?

Ach radio games.

My whole out fit got word that I was my own customer delivering to my own home with one of the trucks and paid for in cash cargo.

I was told I had two hours to call in empty and rolling. Or it's 100 dollars a hour after.

I called it in with 3 minutes to spare. Everyone in range of the repeaters were quiet waiting to see which way their bets fell.

If you're a good worker and have a good record on the job do the classy thing and give notice. I learned a long time ago to never burn your bridges. You never know who in the future might be making a decision about you and it's always better to do the right thing and leave a job with class. Or, on the other hand, you can follow the advice of some of the miserable people here. Your call. :smile new:
That can have some effect on you future, but with the way thing are now in the truck industry not sure that matters. One job want me to start right away and give no notice, which I didn't. In the orientation they ask if you were leaving to give then a 2 weeks notice. Though this past year two of my former jobs call me asking me to come back with perks. Both these place I gave no notice just walked in and handed them there keys. Having a CDL with a clean record is your Willy Wonka golden ticket

Two companies called me for years.

One company fired me and my foreman ten thousand times. In rage. Sunrise next morning we both get phone calls. WHERE YE AT! LATE *&^%! oh righto. Off we go. Again. It was like a 5 person outfit and what a world it was then. Lots of fun. Probably the most Ive had in this life.