How do you feel about automonous trucks? Would you be comfortable in a driverless truck?

This conversation is becoming increasingly common in the industry. A vision of the future looks very interesting. Driverless vehicles. Drones overhead. Then there will be vehicles with people in them while all of this is going on around them.

No one will be happy with autonomous trucks when they arrive. I believe unlike airline pilots, the technology will be used to force wages down.

That's how it will be marketed to these companies to make it attractive.

No one will be happy with autonomous trucks when they arrive. I believe unlike airline pilots, the technology will be used to force wages down.

That's how it will be marketed to these companies to make it attractive.
I am just going to say by the time these become reality on the highways, most of us will be either retired, had enough of this industry,maybe working at a 9-5 job,or hauling clouds for the big guy up above. From what I have read,the brains behind these trucks think there should be a third lane for driverless trucks on the interstates also. Good luck getting that done anytime soon....

DOT's need to fix all of the bridges before allocating any tax money for a 3rd lane for driverless trucks.
I think uber,and their driverless cars, and Otto,are trying to push this thing through fast, but our infrastructure, and the rest of the driving public, I do not think are quite ready for this. We look at safety. They look at profits...

Say it isn't so BIG R GUY,what happens to a driverless vehicle running over large pot holes?
Not going to worry to much about these things becoming reality too soon. All those "driverless" trailers you see daily on the BN, UP, Norfolk and Southern,and the rest will still be around.