XPO | How Do You Feel Managment Treats The Dsr At Conway

gov

dsr Thomsen, xmd
Credits
Someone said we should start a tread on this,So I did.Dose your supervision treat you well and If not in what why.

For me I get treated pretty well by my boss's.I also am known for taking very little stuff.If you know the rules and how to play them,It works out a lot better.If you stand up for our self they tend to leave you alone.In many Case's they will feed on the weak.The weak won't make a phone call or call a lawyer and use the company policy manuel on them.

I dont have a problem with mgt. Ive been here 17 yrs. and I like it, (its not as well run now as in the past):hypnodisk:

I'm in a different situation than most of you, being that I'm a ZoneDawg. However, if it wasn't for my FOS and the majority of the CSR's in the zone office, I would have packed my bags long ago. The office manager is a real wench but the SCM is a great guy, but sometimes I feel that being a great guy limits his ability to manage things properly. I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the change from Dave McC, to Dave M. And for what it's worth Dick P. was better than his sucessor. I think alot of things went downhill when Kevin H. left Central. Western, as far as I'm concerned, benefitted greatly from that. My FOS and his no BS attitude (from anyone, driver, customer, CSR, anything) is a saving grace in alot of situations. However, he has to put faith in us, since he can't be there to hold our hands and as long as you do your job to the best of your ability, you have his respect, and that's all I've ever asked. I've spent 20 years in this industry. Driven for countless companies, owned my own trucks, even had a small company of my own going at one time, and trust me, things could be alot worse than they are here. Does Con-Way have problems? You bet they do. Do you see them slapping you with the policy manual and not someone else? You bet you do. But there are alot worse places to work. It all boils down to what you want to get out of your job. If you want money, go long haul, if you want hometime and a reasonable life, well, you are there right now. My 2 cents.

At my SIC. the overall majority of good FOS's prevail. We have our share of non friendly, no personality,inexperienced, short tempered people that show favoritism.
What do they teach them at the FOS seminar?
They definitely need an anger management program, that include deep breathing excercises.
Management is awesome, couldn't ask for a better boss. Fair as fair can be, shows no favoritism whatsoever, very approachable and if you screw up you will know.

Just follow policy, uphold the Core Values and you are out of the radar.

At other SIC's, I've seen a few that are so bad, I wonder how they can live with themselves with attitudes like that. I just smile at them take my loads and go. No need to get infected with that disease.
Than there are a few FOS's that are on top of their game as well as pumped up ready to go. They could definitely truck mail some happy pills to some of ours.

Dockworker said:
At my SIC. the overall majority of good FOS's prevail. We have our share of non friendly, no personality,inexperienced, short tempered people that show favoritism.
What do they teach them at the FOS seminar?
They definitely need an anger management program, that include deep breathing excercises.
Management is awesome, couldn't ask for a better boss. Fair as fair can be, shows no favoritism whatsoever, very approachable and if you screw up you will know.

Just follow policy, uphold the Core Values and you are out of the radar.

At other SIC's, I've seen a few that are so bad, I wonder how they can live with themselves with attitudes like that. I just smile at them take my loads and go. No need to get infected with that disease.
Than there are a few FOS's that are on top of their game as well as pumped up ready to go. They could definitely truck mail some happy pills to some of ours.
In the day's of old we had a way of dealing supervisors like that.Many year's ago a supervisor who treated a lot of guy's really bad was jumped by three drivers while he was doing a late Friday night yard check.They beat the hell out of him and locked him in a trailer for the weekend.He was a nice guy after that.A different supervisor used to crap all over a the black guy's a one barn,So they waited out side a bar he went to and call the cop's when he left,busted.One night a driver saw a supervisor who liked the yell at everyone,Lucky for the supervisor another driver was in the bar to stop the driver from chocking him to death,If he was not there the supervisor would of been dead.Like I said before I have some good management,So I haven't had to get to stupid.The one's at the F A C that's another story.The story's I have tolled are very true.Just ask a chicagoland who's been here for ten or more years.

I have to agree with Dockworker in asking what exactly they are teaching up in Ann Arbor during FOS training. The older FOS's (older being relative term) are usually pretty cool with me. I rarely have any problems with anyone. The FOM's as well. even during the occasional chew-out session. They don't over-do it. just a simple, "hey you messed up with this, here's a LOI" no big deal. However, there are a couple of FOS's that I have... "issues"... with. ie: they can get kind of retarded at times, and at others I often wonder if management is subject to random drug testings. Thankfully there are only a couple at my barn like that so it isn't too much of an issue, and the supervisors I do get along with far outweight the ones I don't. One thing I have noticed though is most are not afraid to show/tell how they feel. If you are a cry-baby or don't do your job the way you're supposed to they can and will make your life at work a living (insert term for Dante's Inferno).

Digital Import said:
I have to agree with Dockworker in asking what exactly they are teaching up in Ann Arbor during FOS training. The older FOS's (older being relative term) are usually pretty cool with me. I rarely have any problems with anyone. The FOM's as well. even during the occasional chew-out session. They don't over-do it. just a simple, "hey you messed up with this, here's a LOI" no big deal. However, there are a couple of FOS's that I have... "issues"... with. ie: they can get kind of retarded at times, and at others I often wonder if management is subject to random drug testings. Thankfully there are only a couple at my barn like that so it isn't too much of an issue, and the supervisors I do get along with far outweight the ones I don't. One thing I have noticed though is most are not afraid to show/tell how they feel. If you are a cry-baby or don't do your job the way you're supposed to they can and will make your life at work a living (insert term for Dante's Inferno).
We also have to remember xgo is pushing them real hard,Thats still no excuse for disrespectful actions on thier part.

Yup, I get treated great! 10 years ago, I felt different, but time teaches you a lot :)

Just remember S.I.C.E. and do your job, simple! Oh, and ALWAYS be a team player! :)

ShortCircuit

shortcircuit said:
Yup, I get treated great! 10 years ago, I felt different, but time teaches you a lot :)

Just remember S.I.C.E. and do your job, simple! Oh, and ALWAYS be a team player! :)

ShortCircuit
s.i.c.e?:bgroovy:

Around here our FOS's and Mgmt are decent to us but they have a nasty habit of if you work hard you are expected to bust your A** ... But, if you just laze around and goof off they refuse to deal with you... Creating a rift between those that actually do their jobs and those who goof off... It seems that Our Management is afraid of conflict so they don't Issue dicipline unless forced to by XGO...

That's my thoughts anyway, MG

Mozartsghost said:
Around here our FOS's and Mgmt are decent to us but they have a nasty habit of if you work hard you are expected to bust your A** ... But, if you just laze around and goof off they refuse to deal with you... Creating a rift between those that actually do their jobs and those who goof off... It seems that Our Management is afraid of conflict so they don't Issue dicipline unless forced to by XGO...

Sounds VERY familiar! :(

Mozartsghost said:

That is sad,Run the good one's into the ground.Let the bums get a free ride.

xqSWPe4.jpg