R&L | How do you rate this company?

nctrnl

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious what you guys think about this company. Hows the mileage, home time and starting pay, and of course respect to their drivers? Would you recommend it to a friend? Thanks

Working for this outfit sure beats running OTR 2-3 weeks out, I'm home every night, and earn an honest wage for the hours I give them weekly. No complaints here.

If you can find a union job, you will be much better off in the long run. if your a city driver they are gonna ask you to buy a pallet jack. Right there you should walk out the door and not look back.If you run line haul you wont get paid to wait at a terminal for a load, you wont get breakdown pay.if your a city driver,you wont get paid overtime, they expect you to provide a cell phone. And the nice Macks only go to the big *** kissers. youll get a peice of crap with 600,000 miles that is gauranteed to leave you hanging.I wouldnt recommended this outfit to my worst enemy.:chairshot:

Hey Greaser, sounds like you don't like working for R+Hell!!!

You don't have to buy a pallet jack...they don't force you into buying anything. You don't have to have cell phone...but it sure helps to have one. I have free incoming on my cell...and I don't care how often my dispatcher calls me, because it's free.

Yeah, we don't get overtime (that sux)...but at $23.47 an hour who can complain. If you stick around long enough you too will get a shiny new Mack Twuck to drive. By the way, my new Mack has 445,000 plus on it already...not so new anymore.

It probably isnt the worst place to work. They are all probably the same. But with the rising prices for everything, Im glad that it only takes me 3 minutes to get to work. Any union job that I could go work for would add 45-50 minutes to my commute time one way. I would use all the overtime money to pay for gas...so I guess it works out.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I won a car working for R+L!!!
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/r-l-carriers/3548-r-l-car-hauler-pictures-lebanon-pa.html
Scroll down to the white Ford Fusion in the pictures...mine all mine dude.

I am no longer employed with the company. I had a brand new truck and made a dollar an hour more than you!My ride was 90 mins to work, so I quit today after 5 years. Thats 20 years experience that walked out the door today.Its a shame because all i wanted was a transfer to a terminal 20 mins from my house and they wouldnt do it soo Im history as of today.I put up with it for 2 years, but it was time to go.Its not a bad outfit, but with some of the management they have now,it wasnt worth it anymore.i had the same did run for 4 years and for the last month, they turned me into a floater.nine months ago they hired a new guy,gave him a 9 oclock start.thay start giving him my work and tell me i have to floater because theres no work.well if thats the case why have bids? why have rules? now thats its slow their gonna screw with people.i wpold have stayed but the commute was too far.next time they need someone to do a 14 stop pedal run in chicago at 11 am, they can get one of their nwe super special brand driving school drivers to do it cause i wont be there to save their *** no more.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I won a car working for R+L!!!
Scroll down to the white Ford Fusion in the pictures...mine all mine dude.

I saw that ride when I was down on Wednesday for my physical and whiz quiz.I asked the recruiter if it was a company ride and he told me no, somebody won it.: Guess your that somebody Drinks.:1036316054:

i would recommend this company to any one i used to run teams but first started out running linehaul
they worked with me for any problems hey the overtime sucks but like he said at top scale who cant survive on it

so if you have a chance to get on do it you will be happy

i quit because i could not be gone any more running teams wanting to be home at the time they had no linehauls open

I can't complain a whole hell of a lot, but there are guys here who have more to complain about, like the ones who have to share trucks. If I still had to do that I would not have took my city run. And it's tagged heavy so I can pull sets with it too.

I think linehaul drivers get the shaft here, but I also think it's best that you start out that way. It's the easiest way to get a feel for the place.

As far as the northeast goes, you good ole' boys, you gotta remember that the northeast has more traffic, because of stupid traffic patterns, crappy people to deal with, and just an unfriendly environment as a whole. We spend our time rushing through life, so we can hurry up and die! It just is not in our nature to sit back and take anything easy. It makes complaining real fun. I love the country folks. Great place and people to vacation with!

as far as northeast i always loved west middlesex terminal, great downstairs sleeping facilities and just the friendliest TM and dispatcher, i wont name HER, all that have dealt with Her know who im talking about:] after west middlesex say hello to your good Harrisburg terminal!!!!! and if your lucky pittsburgh to charlotte to atlanta to jax back to atlanta up to hickory over to charleston to lexington then to louisville atleast thats how it worked when i was a linehaul driver there and that was a good week lmao!!!!!!!!

Please note: West Middlesex, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg... These are all Estes locations. Not R+L's.:Off-Topic:

thanks chickenwing!!! now if you ever see another post on here about estes you can talk about how i replied on the r + l site.:hide: so next time you can tell a driver what its like to drive for estes, they drive you crazy enough to post comments on the wrong damn board:chairshot: i will leave now i am so humiliated over this experience and i deserve:nutkick: i wont ever let it happen again i promise lmao!!!!!

I'm not sure that was a smart move to walk out of a good job at times like this. And if this is the guy I beleive it is then my switch driver that I meet with out of your terminal told me you were offered a transfer and turned it down because your not going to run line haul. You are the one that moved two hours away when you lived a lot closer. Either way I hope all works out well for you and wish you the best of luck. For the original question, It's a good paying job and the checks come on Fridays