R&L | How do you rate this company?

:hysterical:

I just didn't want any one to think we had some super secret terminals out there. You know, like the one in Maine. Oops! :hide:

yes i understand i wouldnt want to get rumours started a r + l :chairshot:especially without working there! might be to late now though, you may hve drivers heading to west middlesex now:duh:and estes all freaking out when they see r + l pulling into their inspection lanes up there

Thanks for the encoragement. I already have a new job lined up with one of the big boys.It wasnt smart to walk off the job, but I had enough. I was promised a transfer to milwaukee before i moved, I just didnt move for the hell of it.I also wasnt offered the line haul gig till 18 months later, in the dead of winter. Anyway I will say it was a good paying job and it wasnt a bad experience.

Just curious what you guys think about this company. Hows the mileage, home time and starting pay, and of course respect to their drivers? Would you recommend it to a friend? Thanks

If you dont have 1 year experience than you have to start out in a B truck. If you have a good attitude and dont act like a victum like most of these guys who complain all the time then it is a great place to work and, when we buy Old Dominion

If you dont have 1 year experience than you have to start out in a B truck. If you have a good attitude and dont act like a victum like most of these guys who complain all the time then it is a great place to work and, when we buy Old Dominion

You really think we are buying OD ?

I just applied with R+L today for a local driver. Starting pay is great, $16-$17 per hour.

Just looking at the benefits, and the way they treat their employees, makes me want to part of their organization.

Without naming any names, I have a Class B permit I got through a local School bus company, and they wouldn't even provide the benefits that R+L would. I left the schoolbus training program for reasons of lack of safety, and inconsistency in training.

This is highly dependent on the TM's need to fill a seat, particularly on linehaul.

We have had 3 drivers with no experience start on linehaul & only one of them was talented:hysterical:

U KNOW YOUR TM WILL DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO. TO FILL THEM SEAT AND I BEEN WITH R/L NOW OVER A YEAR AND HALF:smilie_132:
AND I CAN'T SAY 1 THING BAD

I've worked for several companies and at the end of the day when you look at the big picture, R+L is well above their competitors when you measure all aspects of the job. Equipment, how were treated, pay, resorts, etc, etc. Sure I don't agree with everything but you'll find that at every job. I've seen many drivers leave at my terminal and within 6 months their asking to come back.

I've worked for several companies and at the end of the day when you look at the big picture, R+L is well above their competitors when you measure all aspects of the job. Equipment, how were treated, pay, resorts, etc, etc. Sure I don't agree with everything but you'll find that at every job. I've seen many drivers leave at my terminal and within 6 months their asking to come back.

I NO WHAT UR SAYING BECOUSE THIS IS A PLACE THAT I WOULD LOVE TO RETIRE FROM
U HAVE TO DEAL WITH STUFF EVERYWERE U GO AND I HAVE TO MUCH STUFF TO MAKE SHORE IS OK LIKE HOME WIFE KIDS BESIDES ALL THAT I REALLY ENJOY WORKING FOR R/L:1036316054:

I've pretty much stayed angry with R+L over the past 4 years that my husband has worked for them, but since we moved (and after waiting for weeks for his transfer to go through) I've been pretty satisfied with the way he's been treated... gone from dockworker to controller to lead man in 4 weeks, (compared with the 3 years he was a dockworker back at home) crappy hours but good pay. I'm in grad school right now, so even though he doesn't love his job, it's easily paying the bills. He did P&D for a few months before we moved here, he was really excited to get off the dock but he HATED driving even more... he's happy with what he has now. Shouldn't be too hard for him to keep working his way up with the turnover rate there.

Too many truckers in my family. I was raised in the industry and may never be able to get out! :biglaugh: Once I graduate, he's putting his butt back in school because after seeing my parents go through it I don't want to be married to a truck driver!

I've pretty much stayed angry with R+L over the past 4 years that my husband has worked for them, but since we moved (and after waiting for weeks for his transfer to go through) I've been pretty satisfied with the way he's been treated... gone from dockworker to controller to lead man in 4 weeks, (compared with the 3 years he was a dockworker back at home) crappy hours but good pay. I'm in grad school right now, so even though he doesn't love his job, it's easily paying the bills. He did P&D for a few months before we moved here, he was really excited to get off the dock but he HATED driving even more... he's happy with what he has now. Shouldn't be too hard for him to keep working his way up with the turnover rate there.

Too many truckers in my family. I was raised in the industry and may never be able to get out! :biglaugh: Once I graduate, he's putting his butt back in school because after seeing my parents go through it I don't want to be married to a truck driver!

WERE DID HE TRANSFOR TO????????:smilie_132: