SAIA | How do you rate this company?

those drivers who know me know that a company spokesman I am far from that. However if you are the last guy that can make service on that load suck it up.Thats Trucking I do not care if its LTL or truckload.Its happened to everyone and if it has not your day is comming if you stay in trucking long enough. I feel your pain especially if you are one of the last guys in or have very little seniority.:chairshot:It always seems like your getting:Bondage:My point is if you use the FMCSA book to your advantage you may be able to avoid some of the crap landing on your head. this company can and needs to make improvment as far as driver relations is concerned. But we as drivers need to own up to our short commings:hide: We can ***** and moan on here but I hardly see us make any effort at our meeting to try and raise and address issues and hold our managers accountable. all to often the response from us is "they are gonna do what they want to do anyway". we all should buy one share of stock get all our issues together and make the shareholders meeting and raise some hell. I am willing to stand with my brothers here at Saia. One man can not do much but together we can.

I did work for a good company,until Saia & their cronies helped put us out of business.You can't take personal days to see your only kid graduate high school because dispatch is denying requests.I have no love lost for these people

I did work for a good company,until Saia & their cronies helped put us out of business.You can't take personal days to see your only kid graduate high school because dispatch is denying requests.I have no love lost for these people

I have called in sick more than one because of these EXACT reasons. I'll take a point anyday to be with my family or kids on these days. I had my family when I came here and Saia did not seem to mind. I will do what ever it takes to keep my family, Saia or not. Cover your butt and look out for number one and last but by no means least. FAMILY FIRST.

:1036316054:othertrucker I agree with you . i will call off anytime to be with family in cases such as this. i hardly ask for a day but when i do either they give it or i take it.:smilie_132:

Those who are so upset, drive for Con-Way for awhile, you will appreciate SAIA! :)
Con-Way drivers work the dock, even with 10-15 or more years in! And don't even think about asking for time off!

Anyway, if you applied for a job, do it, or leave it, it's that simple :)

Con-Way drivers work the dock, even with 10-15 or more years in! And don't even think about asking for time off!

WHAT do you think we are talking about? We have to do it ALL and still can't get time off. I know many of the Con-Way drivers and they are all in the same boat as Saia drivers.

If that was the case then I would still be there. Oh did I just steal your next line?
No. I don't have a "next line''. Simply asking a question that obviously went over your head. If Saia is so bad, what are you comparing it to? State your case, man. Open our eyes. I too am looking for that perfect job where I make $100,000 a year and don't have to lift a finger.

HBK, I find this astonishing. Who were you dealing with when trying to get the day off for a child's graduation. I would not have stopped with this person. Was this your TM or Central? Central has always been good about family things. Like some of the others said, though, If I need the day off, I'm gonna take it one way or another.

WHAT do you think we are talking about? We have to do it ALL and still can't get time off. I know many of the Con-Way drivers and they are all in the same boat as Saia drivers.

Ohhhh.....I'm sorry, I honestly hadn't seen dock work talked about specifically, so SAIA "line drivers" are working the dock as well as going on line runs? I can't like that, maybe I should NOT apply with SAIA? :(

However if you are the last guy that can make service on that load suck it up.

What if I wasnt the last guy? Or the guy with the least time? Would that make my point valid? Seems you are making assumptions that are incorrect.

Thats Trucking I do not care if its LTL or truckload.

No. Thats trucking at Saia. Where we have extra loads but do not hire extra drivers. In turn, forces a guy that has already done his full time bid run job to do a extra run. Not ask...FORCE or fired! Sorry my friend, not sure where you have been but thats never been tried where I have been.

Its happened to everyone and if it has not your day is comming if you stay in trucking long enough.

Yes at Saia.

I feel your pain especially if you are one of the last guys in or have very little seniority.

Ok so you feel my pain less than, because I don't have very little seniority. Actually that day there were quite a few behind me that had hours to drive.

My point is if you use the FMCSA book to your advantage you may be able to avoid some of the crap landing on your head.

So your point is fill out my logbook as to what I want to do right? Isnt that falsifying?

this company can and needs to make improvment as far as driver relations is concerned.

Ya think? Do ya? There has to be a relation before improvment is made.

But we as drivers need to own up to our short commings

What exactly is that short comming? The short comming of working a full day of a bid run, only to be made to run a extra one way to a motel room when you have family business at home. When bids came around you specifically did NOT pick a system run, but a run that was home everyday because you have home obligations?

:hide: We can ***** and moan on here but I hardly see us make any effort at our meeting to try and raise and address issues and hold our managers accountable. all to often the response from us is "they are gonna do what they want to do anyway".

Company apologist do not ***** and moan, they usually hide under a chair...Trust me I made my voice heard in a few different venues. So take your generalizations and stick them in your *** where your intelligence resides.

:we all should buy one share of stock get all our issues together and make the shareholders meeting and raise some hell. I am willing to stand with my brothers here at Saia. One man can not do much but together we can.

You have got to be kidding me right? You really think powerful people that have a decent amount of money are going to sit in a room and listen to you complain that you don't get paid for your first and last hooks of the day? You would be tazered so fast and often that it could fry the few remaining brain cells you "might" posses. Although it could be argued as an improvement.

Those who are so upset, drive for Con-Way for awhile, you will appreciate SAIA! :)

You act like getting your hands dirty is a bad thing. So what, dockwork is a cakewalk.

ZERO points on originality. :nutkick:

I have been getting my hands dirty for 30 years, and just left Con-Way after 12 years, looking for a line run job, that's all.

If getting your hands dirty is what scares you, you will take joy in knowing that most linehaul runs do not work the dock. Shuttles do, turns and system typically do not.

Or you could just

aint that ****ing annoying when somebody does it to you?

Wow, you are just a sour grape, I do not wish to talk with you any longer, good luck with your life, and your attitude! :)

ehh We all have our days, atleast I do...

This company, atleast the part that came from the Connection has went through some growing pains..I'm not going to lie to you. It's getting better though.

I would'nt wish this place on my worst enemy, although I could make an exception for you.