Yellow | How does this merger thing work

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Im trying to figure out what they will do in a big city like Dallas where we have two major terminals and other minor terminals nearby.

merge

I can try to shed some light on this. Here in L.A. when they merged Bestway and Reddaway all the major terminals stayed open where as the smaller terminals merged together. We have two major terminals that still operate separately and are only 10 minutes apart they just cannot handle the volume at one place. The only problem with the merger in general was combining the driver force and instead of two drivers headed for a destination , there is only one with more delivery's or one line run headed for one destination with twice the freight jammed in those trailers. Basically the volume of all loads on the road is higher going to the same place's with less driver's.

Instead of needing a Yellow Driver picking up two skids at a cistomer, and a Roadway Driver picking up two other skids at the same customer, one YRC Driver will pick up 4 skids. Then, he will head back to one terminal instead of two. There, one guy will break the trailer instead of two different ones. One Trailer will haul the freight instead of two running parallel.

That's why they won't need me; 9plus years Yellow Seniority; in the #330's when merged, out of about 380 currently working in the combined Yellow and Roadway Indy Terminals.

truckinusa..... I got to see a 2 yr old copy of the Roadway roster (with Irving and Garland together). Ours are listed seperately, but when combined with Dallas, I am about 65 or so, and when I looked at our and yours together, I still fall near 100-110. I guess I don't need to go selling all my toys just yet.