SAIA | how far is to far?

Well,That was her right.,wasn't it Equality in the work place regardless of gender.This stuff happens all the time.I hope she prevailed.
She absolutely exercised her right. And she did it union free. Whether it's FMLA for new mothers or affirmative action. The government has stepped up to level the playing field. This isn't the 30's and 40's anymore. The Department of Labor ... EEOC... among many other government agencies does today what the Teamsters attempted to do decades ago. The Teamsters today are as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Last edited:
She absolutely exercised her right. And she did it union free. Whether it's FMLA for new mothers or affirmative action. The government has stepped up to level the playing field. This isn't the 30's and 40's anymore. The Department of Labor ... EEOC... among many other government agencies does today what the Teamsters attempted to do decades ago. The Teamsters today are as worthless as tits on a boar hog.
There goes RAT again. Hijacking a thread by going off topic.

Just because it was never challenged doesn't mean that the system didn't recognize 2+2 didn't equal 4. It may have been in management's interest to look the other way,until the ::shit:: hit the fan,and then guess who would be thrown under the bus for falsifying company records?

The TM in this case. I recorded the conversation.
In many states it's illegal to record conversations without disclosing you are recording them. Many judges won't even listen to them or allow them to even be heard. I have recorded many conversations in my 40+ years in this business only to have them never be heard.

In many states it's illegal to record conversations without disclosing you are recording them. Many judges won't even listen to them or allow them to even be heard. I have recorded many conversations in my 40+ years in this business only to have them never be heard.
Sounds like you're paranoid, shame you didn't have somebody on your side to help you, oops forgot you can do it all yourself

Sounds like you're paranoid, shame you didn't have somebody on your side to help you, oops forgot you can do it all yourself
The end justifies the means Joe. It ended badly for me as you know but I have very few regrets. I didn't go down alone. The Teamsters lost that campaign and that in itself was a victory for me.

Last edited:
I would bet cash money that, under the circumstances, the recorded conversation would be admissible. In this instance, it would be the only way to prove who is telling the truth. This is, of course, assuming that the TM would deny it.

U r right. U must ask the person for permission first

U r right. U must ask the person for permission first
Most business establishments when you call them always state that ... "Your call may be recorded for quality assurance" ... Banks ... Utilities ... Cable and so on ... They disclose that up front. Think about it. Why would they do that? Because it's the law. Perhaps there are exceptions but they are few and far between.

This from your driver/company advocate,Who is free from any restraints and not bound by any collective bargaining agreements.He knows all bout the non union trucking LTL bbusiness,Ain't that right

This from your driver/company advocate,Who is free from any restraints and not bound by any collective bargaining agreements.He knows all bout the non union trucking LTL bbusiness,Ain't that right
Let's put it this way Boss ... I've forgotten more about the Teamsters constitution and by-laws than you have ever known. In my day I had to know them. It was part of my job. As far as the LTL business in general I'm well versed too. Again it's just part of my job. Why is that? Because I believe in this company. To be successful in anything in life you must believe in what you are doing. Then you must take it a step further by owning the problems the company has and putting a plan in place to eliminate them. Whether it's Claims ... Safety ... Operations ... And that starts by believing in your company and giving 100% in everything you do. I stay focused on keeping SAIA union free in anyway I can. This site is only a small part of that. Anything that keeps you from growing is never worth defending.

Last edited:
Most business establishments when you call them always state that ... "Your call may be recorded for quality assurance" ... Banks ... Utilities ... Cable ... They disclose that up front. Think about it. Why would they do that? Because it's the law. Perhaps there are exceptions but they are few and far between.
But you said you were union free how would you know about our constitution,unless your a want a be and you were turned away.We take pride of who we are what we've done,And make no bones about it.I am Union and proud.I don't kis nobody's ass ,except my wife , no problem give some get some,but you haven't kissed the right one.Keep trying,maybe you'll get far up in the company ladder .One more,When your done mowing the lawn don't forget his headges.

But you said you were union free how would you know about our constitution
Because I studied it. When you go to war you need to know everything about your enemy. All is fair in love and war. I would think you would have learned that by know.