SAIA | how far is to far?

With a CDL and a clean record, a person could have 2-3 job offers in a single day.

THAT is the reason I don't put up with anymore bull ::shit:: than I have to...

I ended up going out on my own. Sure the upfront costs were a little daunting, but now I work for me and don't answer to any pencil pusher who hasn't ever driven. And now I have employees. Strange how things panned out, but life is good.

With a CDL and a clean record, a person could have 2-3 job offers in a single day.

THAT is the reason I don't put up with anymore bull :::shit::: than I have to...
Of course this is what I was driving at. Your CDL is always your way out of an uncomfortable situation. I could find another job in one week tops. It may not be the perfect job but in time the right job would present itself. It's just that I believe that way. I have faith that God directs my course. I've never let money drive me and it's not because I've been blessed with it. My faith is a big part of who I am. I'm not scared of losing my job and because of that I will not sacrifice my integrity. And it's not only my job in which I conduct myself in this manner. I just have faith and believe that if I live my life with a good moral standard things will always work out. That doesn't mean I won't have challenges and obstacles to overcome. I will always fall short of Gods grace at times. It just means that I understand that ultimately I'm not in control. The way you live your life is the way your life will be. I'm far from perfect. But I have faith things will be as they should be. Everyday of our life we are faced with decisions and those decisions make up our life. We all have a conscience and deep down we all know right from wrong. When we don't follow the path of truth we will pay the price. Cause and effect .. Reaping and sowing if you will. Your actions will always determine your life's direction.

Last edited:
Of course this is what I was driving at. Your CDL is always your way out of an uncomfortable situation. I could find another job in one week tops. It may not be the perfect job but in time the right job would present itself. It's just that I believe that way. I have faith that God directs my course. I've never let money drive me and it's not because I've been blessed with it. My faith is a big part of who I am. I'm not scared of losing my job and because of that I will not sacrifice my integrity. And it's not only my job in which I conduct myself in this manner. I just have faith and believe that if I live my life with a good moral standard things will always work out. That doesn't mean I won't have challenges and obstacles to overcome. I will always fall short of Gods grace at times. It just means that I understand that ultimately I'm not in control. The way you live your life is the way your life will be. I'm far from perfect. But I have faith things will be as they should be. Everyday of our life we are faced with decisions and those decisions make up our life. We all have a conscience and deep down we all know right from wrong. When we don't follow the path of truth we will pay the price. Cause and effect .. Reaping and sowing if you will. Your actions will always determine your life's direction.
The soap box usually shuts up the haters ... That's what I'm going for today. They can't stand truth :soapbox:

Absolutely correct.

Everyday of our life we are faced with decisions and those decisions make up our life. We all have a conscience and deep down we all know right from wrong. When we don't follow the path of truth we will pay the price. Cause and effect .. Reaping and sowing if you will. Your actions will always determine your life's direction.
The only acceptance we truly need is self-acceptance for once we have gained that the rest should come. And that which does not come will not matter.

Don't be trying no April fool crap up here you big :crybaby:.
Let's cue the haters .... Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclination with respect to moral beliefs .... Dissimulation .... Pretense .... Sham .... It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. www.unionfacts.com/olmscrime/teamsters/embezzlement_charges Let the personal attacks begin. Never mind the facts in black and white. Let's justify it with personal attacks. There is no defense with this type of behavior. So personal attacks is all that's left. And I can take it. I have for years. Nothing changes with the Teamsters and their ass kissing cronies. If I'm a ass kisser to management then so are they to the BA's and Stewards of the world. But that's OK I suppose. Total Hypocrites. The Culture of today's Teamsters. And yesterday's for that matter. Just history repeating itself.

Last edited:
They tried getting us to work through our lunches and I told the TM that I'd be glad to do that, as soon as they started paying for my lunch break. Of course, THAT didn't happen...

City guys don't get paid enough as it is, let alone donating another 30 minutes of your day.
For years at Yellow b/4 I retired we had the option of taking an hour for lunch or taking a no lunch and get paid time and a half for that hour. The company never bother you if you took your 20 min break and two 15 mins break 's. It benefited them and me because I had a run that was at least 50 miles from the terminal to my first stop . I had to use a screw and a 45' 0r 48' to make sure I had the room and weight to cover that much territory . Those no lunches helped payed my house taxes every year .

Laws have since changed. The (your) log needs to show a half hour lunch break prior to reaching the 8 hour on duty status. But, like any law, there are ways around it. Doesn't mean it's right, but there are ways