How fast is the website running for you?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I spent alot of money and time over the past couple of weeks upgrading the software and hardware on this website.

So now I want some feedback, tell me how the site is performing for you, don't be shy, I won't get mad if you tell me it's slow or anything but I will do whatever I can to help make the situation better.

Tell me also what Browser you use, What kind of internet you have (Dialup Cable etc?) I am going to tell you now though that this website is not going to be awesome on Dialup....

Help me with some indfo and I will take that info and try to improve things.

Truckingboards works best on screen resolutions above 1024x768 so if your computer is running this, increase your resolution.
    Also a website is no faster than it's slowest hop, to get to Truckingboards you have to go through many computers to reach your destination (here) if one hop is slow, it will slow down the whole process.

I am on blazing fast internet here and I have to be careful that I do not setup a website that is for the few of us that have the speed I do.

So here's your chance, let me hear it.:1036316054:

P.S. I don't only want to hear problems, I want to hear the good reviews too.

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

wow 38 views and not a single response

3. Dockworker

Dockworker Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll bite.
    It loaded fairly well for me before the upgrade, just a slight hiccup from time to time.
    However, since the upgrade, this site loads much faster than before.
    I used to be able blink 3 times, take a few breaths and change the channel on my TV, now I log in and TB appears "WTF just happened" fast. No more lag time.

I use Chrome, Safari and Firefox with an average internet speed of 35.83 Mb/s Download and 5.82 Mb/s Upload.

Nice Job Jeff, thanks for investing in and evolving Truckinboards.

4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Works fine for me Jeff. I'm on Roadrunner cable and can't tell you much more than that cause I don't know much about all that megahertz stuff. Does seem faster.

5. mud

mud Wonderin'

I'm out in the sticks Jeff where there is basically one server, Windstream. I have no problems with your site. Later on in the evening as more people here go on line videos start slowing down but that's Windstreams problem.

6. mud

mud Wonderin'

Have you tried Camino? Seems to be working well on my Mac compared to Safari and Firefox. I don't like Chrome at all.

7. Boilerpeddle

Boilerpeddle Drawing found in trailer

Lightning fast on forum runner for iPhone, but then it always was.
    I like it better than tapatalk.
    I rarely get to surf the forums from my laptop anymore. It's really easy to keep up with my phone.
    The only slight issue ever is when trying to read the images of COOs and such.
    Signatures don't come through but that is a feature to me:)

8. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

thanks for the feedback

9. Roadrunner73

Roadrunner73 Well-Known Member

Fast as can be on I Phone & PC.

10. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Jeff,

I bought a new htc a few weeks ago...tried to get on facebook, TB, and a few other's..
    but; they "forced me" to get there; google email address, and I've noticed thats against the rules on TB. Combining the two has become a pain in the arse..do to my; low cumutor skills.

11. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

you want me to send you a google gmail invite? I can change your email address thats no problem here