ODFL | How hard is it to get hired?

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
I seen OD hiring for linehaul driver. I went in after 2 hours after it was posted online and was the 1st one to apply. The TM seemed to like me and everything. Gave me his business card and gave me a time frame to call him back so he could figure out if any city drivers wanted it. When I called him a few days later like I asked he said a few wanted to transfer from other states up here to MN. One was from Florida. But 2 weeks later I see another linehaul position posted online. Do I call him again and bug him or was he letting me down easy? My work history sucks I know but I've been trying to get in here for years

I seen OD hiring for linehaul driver. I went in after 2 hours after it was posted online and was the 1st one to apply. The TM seemed to like me and everything. Gave me his business card and gave me a time frame to call him back so he could figure out if any city drivers wanted it. When I called him a few days later like I asked he said a few wanted to transfer from other states up here to MN. One was from Florida. But 2 weeks later I see another linehaul position posted online. Do I call him again and bug him or was he letting me down easy? My work history sucks I know but I've been trying to get in here for years
:smilie93c peelout:Keep calling if you want to work for OD!!!!!!!!!

Ok, bit grumpy. Little spotty on freight levels. 4 of 5 runs canceled today. Maybe to many extra drivers in our area, or replacement dispatcher not paying attention. Hate dispatch switch over day, especially when substitute is on. Got idea he didn't know how many runs we even had.

OD won't touch you moneyman. They only like to hire out of rookie mills so we can look more like Swift. Seen many a qualified applicant come in but never hired and a dumb rook we have to train instead.