How Hot Dogs and Bacon are made.

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
If I eat a hot dog, it's going to be Vienna Beef Franks not the Oscar Mayer or Ballpark type franks I was forced to eat as a child. That stuff is just tubed Bologna.

• Gruesome images show various stages of manufacturing a hotdog factory
  • Were filmed by the Discovery Channel's 'How It's Made' series
  • Dregs of pork, beef and chicken are ground together then reduced to pulp
  • Later re-formed and made into hotdog sprayed with 'smoke Flavor'

What's REALLY in your hotdog? You might never eat one again after watching this...

[video=youtube_share;2NzUm7UEEIY]http://youtu.be/2NzUm7UEEIY[/video]

I had the "Swine Flu" recently. It made me crave bacon.

I am a Nathans hot dog fan. I like Hebrew National but just can't get past wasting one hot dog bun. It is the Goyum in me I guess.

hot dogs are still a popular food item. i personally have hot dogs at least once a week, whether i cook them at home, or get them from the truck stop, along with my drink.

i have seen this video before, doesn't bother me. given that we consume foods on a daily basis that are loaded with all sorts of chemicals either from the farm or at the production line.

i haven't the time to make my own pure hot dogs, so factory made will do.......and i do not buy "organic" foods at the supermarkets either.....which beckons to ask..."why do organic foods cost MORE than the other foods"??

doesn't a banana grow on a tree...like all the others..??? why are organic bananas more money then "ordinary" bananas..??

seems to me, if organic means free of chemicals, then it should be cheaper to buy. shouldn't all the chemicals in our foods, ADD to the cost of the foods we eat..??

Last edited by a moderator:
hot dogs are still a popular food item. i personally have hot dogs at least once a week, whether i cook them at home, or get them from the truck stop, along with my drink.

i have seen this video before, doesn't bother me. given that we consume foods on a daily basis that are loaded with all sorts of chemicals either from the farm or at the production line.

i haven't the time to make my own pure hot dogs, so factory made will do.......and i do not buy "organic" foods at the supermarkets either.....which beckons to ask..."why do organic foods cost MORE than the other foods"??

doesn't a banana grow on a tree...like all the others..??? why are organic bananas more money then "ordinary" bananas..??

seems to me, if organic means free of chemicals, then it should be cheaper to buy. shouldn't all the chemicals in our foods, ADD to the cost of the foods we eat..??
more expensive if you buy free range bananas instead of tree bananas

You are making me hungry, I am ready for the "dag and suds" of my youth.

And I expected this to be a p*on thread. :shrug:

Hey, I eat scrapple, therefore I eat hot dogs. Dietz and Watsons' Deli Beef Franks are the ones for me but I would like to try Glacier's, I hear they're pretty good. And never had a Nathan's though they are available almost everywhere.

Hey, I eat scrapple, therefore I eat hot dogs. Dietz and Watsons' Deli Beef Franks are the ones for me but I would like to try Glacier's, I hear they're pretty good. And never had a Nathan's though they are available almost everywhere.

Yeah. I haul a lot of Dietz and Watson's. Holoms used to smoke a wonderful bacon along with their sausage. Most of the bacon I see today is just junk! Fatty, no meat. Just like looking in the mirror.

Yeah. I haul a lot of Dietz and Watson's. Holoms used to smoke a wonderful bacon along with their sausage. Most of the bacon I see today is just junk! Fatty, no meat. Just like looking in the mirror.
That it is and even worse it has water added. I hit the Reading Terminal Market when I'm down in Philly and get Mennonite bacon ends. No water added, you wouldn't believe how much faster bacon cooks when there is no water in it.

Same stuff, but it costs extra to make them look like they aren't perfect chemically produced stuff, and then there is that "organic" label. That adds another dollar three eighty to the cost too.

As I see it when you grow organically 2/3 of your stuff goes to parasites.

more expensive if you buy free range bananas instead of tree bananas

well.......that's something i didn't know.....
banana's running around on the range...freely.....

You are making me hungry, I am ready for the "dag and suds" of my youth.

guess what....tonight's dinner, will be what else......hot dogs...!! maybe tonight, i will roast them up a bit..

Hey, I eat scrapple, therefore I eat hot dogs.

just you wait..the p0rn is coming

i had scrapple a time or two myself, wasn't all that bad, but it seems to me that it is mostly a mid-atlantic/southern thing....?? can;t say i ever see it up here on any breakfast menu's..

Same stuff, but it costs extra to make them look like they aren't perfect chemically produced stuff, and then there is that "organic" label. That adds another dollar three eighty to the cost too.

a "dollar three eighty".....

and here i was thinking that i was the only person that ever heard of that expression..!!!

As I see it when you grow organically 2/3 of your stuff goes to parasites.

i have never been to Paris, so i can't say what the "parasites" look like....

It makes sense until you add the government into it, because of the licensing, permits and regulations of "organic" foods it cost a farmer MORE to grow "organic". The pesticides and controls in place for foods is there to supposedly protect the populace at large placed in practice by the FDA. When you remove those cheap easy controls they want other contols that your foods are going to be pathogen free.
Also supply and demand, the supply chain for organic foods is in less quantity to it's counterparts making wholesale prices harder to navigate. As a country if we place a greater demand for our foods to be organic, more farmers grow and sell the more competitive the market becomes. Economics 101 Pro ;) and I am just a truck driver.

It makes sense until you add the government into it, because of the licensing, permits and regulations of "organic" foods it cost a farmer MORE to grow "organic". The pesticides and controls in place for foods is there to supposedly protect the populace at large placed in practice by the FDA. When you remove those cheap easy controls they want other contols that your foods are going to be pathogen free.
Also supply and demand, the supply chain for organic foods is in less quantity to it's counterparts making wholesale prices harder to navigate. As a country if we place a greater demand for our foods to be organic, more farmers grow and sell the more competitive the market becomes. Economics 101 Pro ;) and I am just a truck driver.

You go Girl!

As a country if we place a greater demand for our foods to be organic, more farmers grow and sell the more competitive the market becomes. Economics 101 Pro ;) and I am just a truck driver.

i never studied "economics" in school.....that crap bored me.

and, if the past day of meeting with a potential new employer comes thru....

i will NO longer be a truck driver.....PRAISE BE JESUS...!!!.....:bgroovy:.......:dance: