Holland | How is bestway closing affecting your terminal?

How is pay, benefits, union contracts, layoffs being affected by changes.

Everything is still the same, pay is the same, we're still under the BestWay contract, we have nobody on layoff, they told us we won't hear anything until February 12th. There isn't really any changes.

pay

Everything is still the same, pay is the same, we're still under the BestWay contract, we have nobody on layoff, they told us we won't hear anything until February 12th. There isn't really any changes.
whats the pay out there? i like that city,people wave at you on the road still.are u master frieght?

It is true that the Dallas TM was let go. He was with us at Yellow before going to Bestway, not that bad of a guy either.

whats the pay out there? i like that city,people wave at you on the road still.are u master frieght?

the pay is $20.97. yes they still do wave at you mainly in the country, no it's not master freight its under the master freight agreement. i have a contract if your interested in it

reddaway

the pay is $20.97. yes they still do wave at you mainly in the country, no it's not master freight its under the master freight agreement. i have a contract if your interested in it
sure id be interested in the contract.Have you gotten reddaway gear yet? Hats & shirts,that kind of stuff.Here in sactown its up in the air about alot of issuses because their keeping both terminals open,& spliting zip codes,they should put us all under one roof,so who knows whats next.Youll like the vacation pay,its 1/52 of your last years pay.about 31-33hr depending on how much o.t. you worked the prevous year.:1036316054:

Youll like the vacation pay,its 1/52 of your last years pay.about 31-33hr depending on how much o.t. you worked the prevous year.:1036316054:

Why would that mean 31-33 hrs. All they do is take your yearly pay and divivde it by 52. It should at least be 40hrs plus a few hrs from OT that yr. This is how Holland and the rest of the NMFA gets paid for Vacation. I am a road driver driver and it works out pretty good for us, by taken our yearly avg.

I am out of OCA Bestway and this morning when I got in from my line run, Reddaway had almost fully moved in. Kinda freaky how fast it all has happened. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

:grinning-smiley-021 :grinning-smiley-021 Thank you, I will. I found this site by accident just about a half hour ago. I seems pretty cool. Thank you again

31-33-bucks=greenbacks=pesos

Why would that mean 31-33 hrs. All they do is take your yearly pay and divivde it by 52. It should at least be 40hrs plus a few hrs from OT that yr. This is how Holland and the rest of the NMFA gets paid for Vacation. I am a road driver driver and it works out pretty good for us, by taken our yearly avg.

thats Greenbacks.not hrs......................

That's how bestway always did it too. I would imagine that reddaway does it the same but I'm not sure yet.:1036316054:

Well, only time will tell. It was a little better last night compared to monday night. Monday night was just a mad house.

That's at my terminal though. I don't know about any other terminals. From what I understand Fontana terminal is still trying to work out a lot of there problems.

How many barns?

Well, only time will tell. It was a little better last night compared to monday night. Monday night was just a mad house.

That's at my terminal though. I don't know about any other terminals. From what I understand Fontana terminal is still trying to work out a lot of there problems.
Are you guys in one barn? All dove tailed together,one big happy family?What about O.T.,are you gettin your hrs or miles?Cus were not gettin our hrs in sactown,i have to slap the ops-guy every week to remind him that were redeway-sac with an o.r. of 85,if barn-buster-way is gettin their hrs.,we better be gettin ours................

Are you guys in one barn? All dove tailed together,one big happy family?What about O.T.,are you gettin your hrs or miles?Cus were not gettin our hrs in sactown,i have to slap the ops-guy every week to remind him that were redeway-sac with an o.r. of 85,if barn-buster-way is gettin their hrs.,we better be gettin ours................

Well, I don't know about "happy family" (lol) but we're in the same barn. Now on line haul extra board I'm getting more miles but because Reddaway goes all the way to Orland and Willows to the north and Beaver Ut. to the north east but my brother in law works p&d on Orange and his hours got cut. But like I said in the other thread, I see alot of good coming out of this. Us bestway guys just have to give the Reddaway dispatchers a chance to get used to the wider territory. Everyone just has to get used to everything and everyone. I think Mr. T.J. O'connor is new to all of us and he has a lot of fixing to do. Then again on the other side, correct me if I'm wrong but I think he kinda got thrown into this whole thing blind folded.