How is Dayton to work for?

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by freightman68, Jul 31, 2006.

1. freightman68

freightman68 Rightwing_extremist

They are building a new terminal not to far from where I live. How much do you guys make? How are your benefits? Do you work weekends? Do your linehaulers work the dock? Thanks in advance.

2. truckermatt

truckermatt Member

where is WI are you from?

the tomah area?

3. atvnut

atvnut Member

They suck pretty bad!!!:smilie_132:

4. City Peddler

City Peddler New Member

They are a good co. Who ever said they suck is messed up!

5. Sloppy

Sloppy Member

Harrisburg PA

Now with Holland gone. When will Dayton move to Harrisburg PA lots of freight to get. They need to hire HMES sales people I'm ready to go to work. We were up to 350 in and 350 out bound bills a day till YRC messed it up.

6. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Dayton interlines with Duie Pyle at Pittsburgh, no chance of ruining a good thing in the Midwest. I live in the Harrisburg area and there are plenty of jobs here, for example, WARD, New Penn, Con-Way [ ohh did I type that out loud] Old Dominion and others. Good luck with your search.

7. iu3

iu3 New Member

dayton freight

Dayton is a real good company to wook for.I have been there for five + years, been in ltl for 20 years.I have worked for several companies. Dayton is a small family owned company. Linehaul drivers are not required to work the dock. We make 53 cents a mile and 22.50 hour.

8. up4daz

up4daz New Member

More than 60% of linehaul drivers ARE required to work the dock for kick and pick.:nutkick: It won't kill ya to get off your duff once and a while.:showoff: Theres nothing wrong with being well rounded in the LTL world.

9. imported_truckdriver402

imported_truckdriver402 Member

I applied to work for Dayton Freight in Belle Vernon. A bit of a haul from where I live now, but in this economy, I am willing to move to where the money is anyway. Does anyone know much about that operation?