Estes | How is Estes local P&D?

Rusty Moore

TB Lurker
Credits
How is local P&D at Estes? Strictly P&D, not interested in linehaul or regional so save your breath. I have had some tell me great & others tell me run the other way. I would like some insight on the following... do they run cameras facing the drivers?

Start off pay for a guy with 3 years EXP? And how long does it take you to top out?

Schedule (start times & do they work saturdays?)

Vacation & Benefits

Cant be much worse than Central Transport which is were I'm at now. I would be looking at working at the Raleigh/Durham NC or South Boston, VA terminal. As I live about 40 mins away from both. Let me know what you all like & dislike about them. Thanx in advance.

How is local P&D at Estes? Strictly P&D, not interested in linehaul or regional so save your breath. I have had some tell me great & others tell me run the other way. I would like some insight on the following... do they run cameras facing the drivers?

Start off pay for a guy with 3 years EXP? And how long does it take you to top out?

Schedule (start times & do they work saturdays?)

Vacation & Benefits

Cant be much worse than Central Transport which is were I'm at now. I would be looking at working at the Raleigh/Durham NC or South Boston, VA terminal. As I live about 40 mins away from both. Let me know what you all like & dislike about them. Thanx in advance.

Outward facing cameras only.
3 year pay progression. I've heard they'll start you higher with experience but have never had this confirmed.
No overtime until 55 hours.
Most P&D guys work m-f. I've heard of some t-s guys but it's not common.
3 personal days that reset every January. 1 week vacation after a year, 2 weeks after 2 years, 3 weeks at 9 years, 4 weeks at 18 years.
*edit- evidently you also get 3 days vacation at 90 days now. Cool.

Cigna health insurance that's pretty inexpensive. For health, dental, vision, life insurance, everything else etc, I think I pay like 100 a week for family coverage. Estes won't allow your spouse on your plan if she's able to get coverage through her employer.

50% match on 401k up to 7%.

It's better than Central Transport.

The pay will vary by region. City guys at my terminal top out at 26.15 but your region should be higher.

I'm not a P&D driver so I can't really say what it's like.

South Boston is a nice terminal but it’s a dark terminal so hours could be limited. Durham you could get more hours with them I heard. I’m doing it now, but I don’t know how long I’m going to stay with it. I’m not an hourly type of person I like to run but when I run here I end up with less hours. We don’t have scanners yet like CT, but they are getting them. Estes is a good company and can build a good future here

South Boston is a nice terminal but it’s a dark terminal so hours could be limited. Durham you could get more hours with them I heard. I’m doing it now, but I don’t know how long I’m going to stay with it. I’m not an hourly type of person I like to run but when I run here I end up with less hours. We don’t have scanners yet like CT, but they are getting them. Estes is a good company and can build a good future here

Are you out of Raleigh/Durham?

They are looking for a Combo Driver. You’ll can run city and just cover mainly bid runs

Not in Raleigh. The combo that's available is nights. Come in and work the dock then run any extra freight to wherever. The day combos work dock then P&D.

I a
Better off going to fxf. Estes is very similar to the company I work at. Fxf is a big step up in both compensation and workload
I agree and btw Fedex is hiring for p&d in the RDU area. I know a guy that runs out of Raleigh and he said that they need combo and linehaul drivers at the moment. As far as hours, they probably get more in Raleigh than in South Boston.

I a

I agree and btw Fedex is hiring for p&d in the RDU area. I know a guy that runs out of Raleigh and he said that they need combo and linehaul drivers at the moment. As far as hours, they probably get more in Raleigh than in South Boston.
Yea south Boston drivers get about 40-48 a week. They normally have all line haul done by 7:30-8:00pm